Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you could know every detail of your future

Alienated Being

Would you want to know your future?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to know your future?

I worry constantly about the unknown. I'm not sure if knowing the future would ease my mind, or make me even more neurotic. I just don't know if I would be better or worse off.

this is me too sort of

i think i would be miserable ultimately.

It's hard to think about without it being a bit paradoxical.

If he does tell me what happens, will those events occur now that i know they're going to happen? Since now i know those events are happening, will i make different decisions so they won't happen?

Or if those events are going to happen no matter what he tells me, will those events have happened only because i spoke to him?

Maybe my future is better off just not asking.

Yes.

Then I would know what I can and cannot do, thus allowing me to better handle present situations.

What is wrong with Culture Club? I happen to enjoy their music.

What is wrong with Culture Club? I happen to enjoy their music.

Nothing wrong with it..

Just not my thing..

I'm not sure whether to say yes or no, I wouldn't want the whole story of my future but rather partitions of it from short to long term on particular things for personal reasons.

• Like 1

Knowing the future means the ability to change the future. The aim of most people is to be better, have a better life, better family, it's not necessary need to be fun.

Being a president, a good president is good, good for the country, good for the people; but it doesn't mean it's fun. The job has lots of responsibility and hard work.

The future is changeable because it's very easy to create paradox, things can happen when it's not supposed to happen (like kill yourself then it means you have no future = contradiction, you can't have and not have a future at the same time)

• Like 1

No, I wouldn't want to know. It's like someone telling me the end of a book before I read it. What's the point then?

Would you want to watch a movie that had a :) rating (the protaganists win, again)? Or would you rather wonder?

• Like 1

Knowing everything that occurrs in your life would make life boring. Wouldn't it be more interesting if you let it surprise you with its unexpected good things and its bad? The bad strengthens you, the good praises you, yadda yadda yadda.

So, would I want to know my fututre. Not at all. I would just walk off, saying thank you all the while, I suppose.

• Like 1

Lol no since I already know the ending. I'm going to die. The journey is better when you don't know whats coming up. I would ask to play the guy in poker though just to try my luck. (without cash because playing a guy like that with cash is just dumb :P)

• Like 1

Wouldn't knowing your future automatically invalidate it? because you'd be constantly trying to tweak it for the better and in doing so would change it irrevocably. And if such a being were to exist, wouldn't he just tell you your future - why bother asking? he already knows what your answer is - if he truly knows your future ;)

• Like 2

I'd say to Him, "If you know the future then you already know my answer. Now, bugger-off and annoy someone else."

Edit: Just as Orangepeaceful has said right before me, if I'd bothered to read it properly... lol.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2