Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

As I child I saw...

CabooseVI

As a child when I was living benieth my grandmothers place sleeping on a cot at the age of 6-7 I remember seeing a small "creature" it looked somewhat like a skinned rabbit without a snout of long teeth and walked upright like a raptor. As I remember I had just woke up from some noise made in the living room from my step father just coming home and the room was dark but could still see in "grey vision" as I call it, when I heard movement like footsteps. I then saw movement out the corner of my eye and when I half got up to see if anything was there the shapes ran running in different directions when I saw the figure run past the light of the door it took shape of what I described. I was just wonderin if anyone could help me identify what it was or could have been.

Thank you for your time.

P.S.

I'd also like to know the identity of what my friend sai he saw when he was a child in Haiti which he described as "ewok looking people" wearing ragged clothing and had dark face with different emotions that would either surround his bed at a close distance or scatter out of sight.

Thank you again.

Corey.

• Like 3

When you first wake up in the middle of the night its possible to see things that aren't really there. I woke up in the middle of the night as a child and thought I saw a 3 foot tall prehistoric monster walk out of one wall then through another. Scared me to death, I had to cover my head up.

Welcome to the forum.

I have incredible memories of things I think I saw as a child, but I may have just seen them on television. :wacko:

I had parents that liked to play jokes on me like sneak eggs into my Easter egg basket. Later on I swore I saw the Easter bunny put them there. Now I'm pretty sure I didn't.

• 3 weeks later...

When I was around ten, I was lying in bed and having trouble falling asleep. It was around midnight and I looked over near my dresser and there was this opaque bright ball of light. It was white with blue around the edges and about the size of a soccer ball. I wasn't really scared when I saw it, but definitely really freaked out. While I was staring at it, I heard my name called out three times in this drawn out, kind of eerie voice. I remember cowering under my covers for a bit and then leaping out of bed. I checked to see if anyone else was awake, but everyone else was asleep. I asked my family the next morning if they'd called my name but they all said no. I have never experienced anything like that again and I still have no explanation for it.

Edited by butterflysdust

When I was about 7 or 8 years old my mum decided to move my room around, I had a really large window and my mum thought it would be a good idea to put my bed along the window. I was terrified of the dark so always had a lamp next to my bed on. I remember going to bed and as I was laying there I was looking out the window through an open part of the curtain. Suddenly there was a pulsating light outside, right in front of my face. The best I can describe it would be that it was in the shape of a very poorly drawn star with a lot of points with an open centre. It didn't produce any light, it was a very dull gold colour and just kept pulsating and moving around. I was too scared to close my eyes or leave my room so I just kept staring at it. Eventually it just went away, so I got up and told my parents who thought I was imagining things. I hadn't woken up from a sleep and I wasn't falling asleep, I was wide awake when I saw it. Creeped me out big time, never have my bed anywhere near a window not even now at 22 years of age. :cry:

Did it look like this?

200px-026Raichu.png

• Like 5

Don't you guys think it's a bit odd that there seems to be a common thread in all of these "sightings"?

I think that should tell you something.

• Like 1

Wow..so many special people here, seeing and hearing all sorts of odd things. Kind of makes me feel like the odd one out for never having such hallucinations.

Wow..so many special people here, seeing and hearing all sorts of odd things. Kind of makes me feel like the odd one out for never having such hallucinations.

some call them a blessing, others call them a curse, its sometimes better to be normal instead of seeing whole dimensions.

Some need them others don't, the average individual doesn't need them, so ask your self the question, do I need these hallucinations/ visions?

some call them a blessing, others call them a curse, its sometimes better to be normal instead of seeing whole dimensions.

Sorry, what?
  • Like 1

Did it look like this?

200px-026Raichu.png

Probably, but it had more teeth I bet LOL and nails were not trimmed......

peace

Mark

Well you are a bit odd :st which is ok, :unsure2: I think, <_< well it is ok with me, B)

Peace

mark

Probably, but it had more teeth I bet LOL and nails were not trimmed......

peace

Mark

I thought the OP said it didn't have teeth or something. It seems they haven't bothered to check on their thread.

At night all kinds of things can be seen, no clear form so we project I guess. I did that as a child, now when I do, I know it is a projection. Stll scary for kids.

peace

mark

Well you are a bit odd :st which is ok, :unsure2: I think, <_< well it is ok with me, B)

Peace

mark

Actually I was being sarcastic as were you. :)

Fairy folk I used to see them on the way to school they were always down by the stream I told my class mates but they teased and laughed at me all except Steven so he walked to school with me the next day and he saw them to but I dont know if he was just humoring me or he was being truthful but that doesnt matter as he always made me feel good. RIP Steve.

Fairy folk I used to see them on the way to school they were always down by the stream I told my class mates but they teased and laughed at me all except Steven so he walked to school with me the next day and he saw them to but I dont know if he was just humoring me or he was being truthful but that doesnt matter as he always made me feel good. RIP Steve.

The ones that prance around and speak with a lisp?

the issue with remembering things from when you are a child is they are rife with problems. Childhood amnesia (almost everyone has no memories of before 2.5 and between 2.5 and 10 are often forgotten/only partially remembered), can lead to issues like imagination inflation (filling in forgotten details with you imagination rather than fact) and confabulation (aka false memories)

• Like 1

I live 5 minutes away from a very densely wooded area that's dotted with small lakes and streams.

Beautiful place.

When I was a young boy of about 5 years of age, I began taking walks through said area with my grandfather.

At the time, he was in his late 60's or mid 70's but we would walk for sometimes up to 2 hours.

When we was moving up an incredibly steep hill with trees on either side I remember pointing at a tree and saying to him "Granddad, look at the fairy's".

Apparently, I said this alot around the same tree.

Roughly 5 or so minutes away from the steep hill I described was a large area of enclosed grassland which someone let their horses use for grazing.

I remember seeing what I thought was a Rhino on their one day.

I might have seen something odd, or just had an over-active imagination.

I can recall seeing something very strange around age 6 or 7, I know this definitely happened around the time I was in kindergarten or the first grade. Anyway, I remember riding the school bus on the way home one day and looking towards the front of the bus where this older kid who lived a few houses down the street from me was eating something. At first I thought he was eating an egg, since the thing he was holding was white and oval-shaped, but it was much smaller, looked more like a bird's egg.

I thought this was kinda weird that he had an egg...so I kept watching, and I vividly remember him taking a bite out of the egg only to see some insect-like legs sprouting out, all moving around and what not...and of course I was totally freaking out at this point, just staring at this "thing" moving around in his hand...but I didn't get to look at it very long as this literally happened in the span of several seconds as my stop came up.

I can remember walking into the house and I wanted to tell my dad about what I just saw, but figured he would think I was being weird or something...I really have no explanation for what the hell that was...