Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Being Haunted?

billthunder

Growing up, I think everyone has a boogie man in their closet. I did too, but, being a weird kid like I was, I imagined it was a tall, dark, figure that I thought was Death itself. There was always a fear of this thing, especially in the garage and the right side of the house. But, I was a kid, of course I saw monsters.

The problem is, it stayed with me. I felt silly as I grew up, even at 8 or 9 I was embarrassed that I was still afraid of my childhood 'boogeyman'. But, it was still there. In certain areas of the house, I was still terrified to walk in the dark. It was one of those houses with a thousand light switches, luckily, and my parents would make fun of me, saying that you could follow me by the trail of lights that I left on. But, still, I was young and I had always been nervous and jittery.

The real issue started when I hit 16 and started driving. Then 17 and 18 when I was still living at home and going to college. The fear was still there. Now, it wasn't just a blind fear, luckily. There were times when I wasn't afraid, but there was one time that, without fail, it was always there.

Driving home at night, it didn't matter what day it was or what kind of a mental state I was in, it was always somewhere when I pulled into the garage to park my car. Even on great, wonderful days when I had just come from my "amazing" boyfriend's dorm room after a day of my favorite classes, I would always get the fear.

There were days when I would see it as far away as a few houses down, by the road. And other days, the really bad days, it would be in the backseat of my car.

I haven't had any problems with it since I've moved out of my parent's home. I don't know much about the history of the home, all I know is that the people who built it had to leave it partially unfinished for what the realtor cited as "financial issues". It was a strange house, half the home was furnished with marble counter tops and $300 ceiling fans, while the other half was made of cheap, white plastic and didn't even have mirrors hanging above the sink in the bathroom.

Does anyone know what might have caused this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• billthunder

• Still Waters

• scowl

• Tr14n913

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this is mostly a lack of willpower, when you think you see it, walk to it, watch it, observe it, if it does something you should run

but i really suggest that you don't let your fears get the best of you. Have the guts, face it tell us what you experienced afterwards

Edited by Cataclysmic faith

Please describe this boogey man.

It's a dark, tall... thing. When I've seen it standing, it seems to be about 7 feet tall. It seems to have the general form of a very tall person, but it could just be my mind trying to categorize it. It's head is pointed. And it just inspires a horrible feeling of fear in me. Just a bone chilling, debilitating fear.

Edited by billthunder