Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man finds his doppelganger in a painting

Still Waters

What started out as a leisurely stroll through the Philadelphia Museum of Art on Nov. 11 with his girlfriend, quickly turned into quite a surreal experience for Max Galuppo, 20, of Bloomsbury, N.J.

Galuppo, a Temple University student, found his doppelganger in a 16th century Italian painting by an unknown artist titled "Portrait of a Nobleman with Dueling Gauntlet."

http://gma.yahoo.com...topstories.html

http://www.dailymail...n-painting.html

• Like 3

That would be weird, maybe their related.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 2

I guess fat guys trying to use a beard to make it look like they have a chin haven't changed much in the last few hundred years. :innocent:

• Like 6

That would be weird, maybe their related.

His family are from Italy also so I guess it is possible .

Tell you what , he looks just like the painting ...

TiP.

• Like 2

Seems like a weird experience.

There's definitely some resemblance.

I wonder if I'll find mine in an old painting...

Probably not.

• Like 1

I was in Singapore once (I live in Australia born in England) on a tour bus and an Italian lady stopped me as I was walking past her in the aisle. She managed to get across to me (in broken English) that she wanted a photo of me. 'Weird'... I thought to myself but when we stopped at the first tourist site, I got the full explanation. Apparently she had nearly fainted as I looked exactly like her daughter (back in Italy) and she thought her daughter had come to surprise her. Well, there I was posing for a strange old couple from Italy in an orchid garden in Singapore.

Also in high school I was told the picture on the Jane Austen book we were reading looked just like me (I don't quite agree with that one though)

• Like 1

I guess fat guys trying to use a beard to make it look like they have a chin haven't changed much in the last few hundred years. :innocent:

Unfortunately not everyone is born with aesthetically pleasing features, I think the beard is a excellent solution. My Husband is not fat, but does not have a chin without a beard (didn't know this until he shaved for the wedding) YIKES!! Please grow the beard back!!! I wish I could grow a beard to cover the wrinkles...I'm young, give me time :w00t:

Just like the photo of Nicolas Cage.

nicolas-cage-vampire-photo.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah, I quess I there is someone in North Dakota that apparently looks just like me. Never met him, found out through friends who went there and they thought it was me.

• Like 1

slow news day, Aliens are reading this and laughing to themselves thinking.... "they all look alike, cant tell one from the other, oh well at least they are tasty, lets eat"

My first question to the guy would be: Reincarnate much?

Maybe, the man in the portrait, and the man standing next to it, are possibly related in some way which he doesn't know.

There are only so many combinations for human features. An now with so many people in the world, I would expect to have similar if not almost identical faces. Add facial hair, and you can have a man deeply resemble another. It happens a lot, just that this is a historical figure.

• Like 1

Some friends of mine found my doppleganger in a picture from WW2 - my 'double' was a German tank commander on the Eastern Front! After that they took to calling me 'Herr Panzer Commander'...

Obviously he's a vampire. But seriously, people tell me all the time that I look like Brad Pitt.

I don't believe it. I think Brad Pitt looks like me.

I was actually stopped by a guy in Rome Italy once, he chased me halfway across Piazza di Trevi and said "Hey, do you have a sister?!" I said, "ya, but she's 13 years old" (I was 18) and he said "Ya I know, she's Anne! I've played rec soccer with her a couple of times!" That was just WEIRD. My sister and I do look a like, but she's a solid foot taller than I am and were built very differently, so it's not like we're "twin-ish" at all... he still managed to pick us out as related. that was 30 years ago and it still trips me out. LOL.

• Like 1

They say if your Reincarnated that your supposed to look exactly like the person you lived before.

Thats cool the guy does like the picture. But they say we have twins.

I kinka believe it.

when i was younger, everybody in school and one random woman not in school said i looked like Harry Potter. also recently, i grew my hair long and grew facial hair and my aunt said i looked like John Lennon.

Just like the photo of Nicolas Cage.

nicolas-cage-vampire-photo.jpg

What's amazing to me, in this instance and with the guy in the museum, is that the facial hair is exactly the same in these photos.