Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ron Paul's Farewell to congress

OverSword

Because I didn't feel like arguing about the delusion most people live in. And yes, I meant that song the way you read it.

By the right thing do you mean making people feel that there is actually someone in the federal government working in the interest of the people while actually doing nothing? Perhaps he could audit the fed, wouldn't that be something? :tu:

Honestly I can't say I know much about his accomplishments or lack thereof but I did love his message. But like the classic argument that the presidents power is limited without the support of congress doesn't that apply to individual congressmen too? Could one lone congressman actually just conduct an audit of the fed? I was always under the impression that RP was a one legged man in an asskicking contest against his constituents.

• ‎"Undeclared wars are commonplace. Welfare for the rich and poor is considered an entitlement. The economy is over-regulated, over-taxed, and grossly distorted by a deeply flawed monetary system. Debt is growing exponentially. The Patriot Act and FISA legislation passed without much debate, and resolved in a steady erosion of our 4th amendment rights. Tragically our government engages in preemptive war, otherwise known as aggression with no complaints from the American people. The drone warfare we are pursuing worldwide is destined to end badly for us, as the hatred builds for innocent lives lost and the international laws flaunted. Once we are financially weakened and militarily challenged there will be a lot of resentment thrown our way.
    It's now the law of the land that the military can arrest American citizens; hold them indefinitely without charges or trial. Rampant hostility toward free trade is supported by a large number in Washington. Supporters of sanctions, currency manipulation, and WTO trade retaliation call the true free traders isolationists. Sanctions are used to punish countries that don't follow our orders. Bailouts and guarantees of all kind of misbehavior are routine. Central economic planning through monetary policy, regulations, and legislative mandates has been acceptable policy."
    Around 13-15 minutes you will hear this quote.

Gonna miss that dude.

iy5040d1a1.jpg

• Like 3

That's sad. Man amongst demons. :td:

Can't beleive the US voted and backed Obama so much. Especially after giving the same speach with the same promises that he didn't keep the first time. lol Celebrity status is why he was voted, it shows the patheticness of the general public. I really am losing faith in the world.

• Like 1

He is a lot smarter then Obama thats for sure. America would be in a better spot if there where more people like ron paul.

• Like 1

That's sad. Man amongst demons. :td:

Can't beleive the US voted and backed Obama so much. Especially after giving the same speach with the same promises that he didn't keep the first time. lol Celebrity status is why he was voted, it shows the patheticness of the general public. I really am losing faith in the world.

I think the ones to lose faith with are the Parties, since they're the ones who the People get to vote for. You can hardly blame the People if, given two indifferent choices, they choose by a narrow margin the one htey think would be the slightly less unpalatable.

• Like 1

I think the ones to lose faith with are the Parties, since they're the ones who the People get to vote for. You can hardly blame the People if, given two indifferent choices, they choose by a narrow margin the one htey think would be the slightly less unpalatable.

Oh yes that is the whole problem isn't it. You don't really have a free choice in who to vote for. It comes down to only having select people to vote for. It's hy it's obvious that it's a corrupt system.

• Like 1