Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bombs away in Israel & Gaza.. Again...

Professor T

Well yeah, not when hundreds of rockets are being fired. Some are always going to get through. Though seems like its stopping a lot of them.

Well yeah, not when hundreds of rockets are being fired. Some are always going to get through. Though seems like its stopping a lot of them.

But it seems it can't take every missile being launched

The United Nations has voiced concern about the number of child casualties resulting from Israel’s bombing of Gaza. At least 4 Palestinian children have been killed and over 60 injured since Wednesday in Israeli airstrikes according to the UN. The organization also believes that 50 Israeli civilians including children have been injured by Hamas rockets fired into Israel.

The United Nations has voiced concern about the number of child casualties resulting from Israel’s bombing of Gaza. At least 4 Palestinian children have been killed and over 60 injured since Wednesday in Israeli airstrikes according to the UN. The organization also believes that 50 Israeli civilians including children have been injured by Hamas rockets fired into Israel.

Say, Professor T, seems like you're more against Israel. Would that be correct?

Edited by pallidin

Say, Professor T, seems like you're more against Israel. Would that be correct?

Think about what you are saying...

Where is Gaza?

Where is Hamas?

Where is the IDF?

Where are people dying?

You would be correct though in assuming that the people more deserving of support in my opinion would be the palestinians, simply because of the circumsances they live under.. But that is not to say that I don't feel sad for the other poor israeli people who are also suffering right now..

As far as I am concerned the world is ingoring a problem that the world had better start solving.. picking sides will only promote more problems in the future, but treating that country as a whole & not Israel or Palestine might be a start to finding a solution..

Actually I wonder if it would be as simple as that? Change the name of the country so that people see it for what it really is, just another country that needs to sort it's **** out.

• Like 2

The Right wing Govt of Israel, lead by Mr "Bibi" is the one to blame for every single death to both Palestinians and Israeli's, starting from the moment the IDF entered Gaza and killed a 13 year old Palestinian boy playing football.

I'd like to know what gives Israeli troops the Right to enter Gaza and kill civilians and Hamas leaders? Similarly, what gives Israel the Right to blockade all entries into Gaza by land and sea? If they want to control and occupy Gaza they do so under the Geneva Convention conditions. otherwise, buzz off and stay out!!

It's no surprise Hamas defended themselves when tanks entered Gaza and killed the boy and it's no surprise they're launching rockets now, even though I don't totally agree with their reaction because all it's going to lead to is the death of hundreds of innocent civilians.

But, to suggest Hamas is at fault in all of this is pure heresy.

• Like 3

An Israeli army official said they have launched an investigation into the possibility of rockets being fired from Egypt toward the occupied lands. IDF suspects that the rockets that hit Eshkol late on Friday were fired from Sinai. On Wednesday, four rockets landed in an Israeli settlement located near the Egyptian border. Egyptian newspaper Al-Shorouk reported Friday that an Egyptian militant group in Sinai Peninsula has claimed responsibility for the launching of the rockets.

There are seperate reports from different sources that some rockets were fired from Egypt on three seperate occasions.. I wonder what that will do to the 1979 peace treaty?

I feel that actually both peoples want peace but you have the Militaristic Hamas in control on one side and then Ex Isreali military in control on the other,you need good elected Civillian governments on both sides,who for once might actually talk to each other.

I like this line of thinking..

Bombs and rockets doesn't do much to promote the idea though..

No one thought peace could ever exist in Northern Ireland in the 70's & 80's, but it does now..

No one thought south africa could change, but it did..

It seems to me all it took was pressure from the rest of the world.. and I just don't see that happening right now.

The Right wing Govt of Israel, lead by Mr "Bibi" is the one to blame for every single death to both Palestinians and Israeli's, starting from the moment the IDF entered Gaza and killed a 13 year old Palestinian boy playing football.

I'd like to know what gives Israeli troops the Right to enter Gaza and kill civilians and Hamas leaders? Similarly, what gives Israel the Right to blockade all entries into Gaza by land and sea? If they want to control and occupy Gaza they do so under the Geneva Convention conditions. otherwise, buzz off and stay out!!

It's no surprise Hamas defended themselves when tanks entered Gaza and killed the boy and it's no surprise they're launching rockets now, even though I don't totally agree with their reaction because all it's going to lead to is the death of hundreds of innocent civilians.

But, to suggest Hamas is at fault in all of this is pure heresy.

I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge about the history of how all of this began is shaky at the best.. lest to say, that these more recent conflicts began with the formation of israel post WW2, when the world turned it's back on Palestine.. but the history goes well beyond that.. Everyone has opinions on who's right and wrong, and who gave who the right to do this or that in Israel... But it occurs to me that this line of questioning needs to stop when Bombs and rockets are flying because it only serves to fuel the fire and create seperation from facts and events at hand..

The world is confused about this imo. There is a storm of Propaganda and support for this side or that side and nothing... I mean Nothing is being done to stop this by certain powers that have it in their power to do something.

Anonymous, has claimed it has attacked the website of the Israeli government, www.tel-aviv.gov.il. The website was unavailable as of Saturday morning. The group also claimed it deleted a database at the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The cyber attacks come as a part of the so called #OpIsrael launched by Anonymous to rally support for the Palestinians.

The Israeli Defense Force has used Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and other popular platforms to make the case for its campaign in Gaza as well as to issue a warning to Hamas.

Meanwhile.... Bombs rain, missiles fly, People die.. (which is what happens when the world turns it's back and just lets things happen.)

An Israeli army official said they have launched an investigation into the possibility of rockets being fired from Egypt toward the occupied lands. IDF suspects that the rockets that hit Eshkol late on Friday were fired from Sinai. On Wednesday, four rockets landed in an Israeli settlement located near the Egyptian border. Egyptian newspaper Al-Shorouk reported Friday that an Egyptian militant group in Sinai Peninsula has claimed responsibility for the launching of the rockets.

There are seperate reports from different sources that some rockets were fired from Egypt on three seperate occasions.. I wonder what that will do to the 1979 peace treaty?

If this bears out as fact, then what has happened and is happening between Palestine and Israel is nothing short of a horrible tragedy, It will muddy the waters even more if that's possible and there will be an added air of outrage in Palestine given what is being dished up to them atm. I feel for Israel, and pray they have not in fact "jumped the gun" on this one, what a mess for everybody.

From day one the Israeli state as been under attack and for every decade thereafter, google 1948 war, when the Arab countries intervened attacking Israel, a coalition of Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq Lebanon, Palestinian forces and any Arab and his camel/donkey volunteer force. skip a conflict or two and it brings you to the Six day war, were Israel kicked ass. fighting on three fronts. - to me this war could have stopped the vast majority of the problems we see today if Israel after pushing back the 'Axis' forces and capturing the lands of - The gaza strip - the West bank and the Sinai peninsula, annexing them as the spoils of war so redefining the Israeli state borders. today we'd have no Palestine, west bank or gaza strip. were lets face it all the troubles stem. the Palestinians / Arabs had lost the fight and so their land, - Egypt also losing territory (sinia peninsula). the surrounding Arab countries those named above would've had to offer their brothers asylum. using their phrase 'Brothers'. but it seems even these Arab countries keep the Palestinians at arms length. ask the reason why?

• Like 1

From day one the Israeli state as been under attack and for every decade thereafter, google 1948 war, when the Arab countries intervened attacking Israel, a coalition of Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq Lebanon, Palestinian forces and any Arab and his camel/donkey volunteer force. skip a conflict or two and it brings you to the Six day war, were Israel kicked ass. fighting on three fronts. - to me this war could have stopped the vast majority of the problems we see today if Israel after pushing back the 'Axis' forces and capturing the lands of - The gaza strip - the West bank and the Sinai peninsula, annexing them as the spoils of war so redefining the Israeli state borders. today we'd have no Palestine, west bank or gaza strip. were lets face it all the troubles stem. the Palestinians / Arabs had lost the fight and so their land, - Egypt also losing territory (sinia peninsula). the surrounding Arab countries those named above would've had to offer their brothers asylum. using their phrase 'Brothers'. but it seems even these Arab countries keep the Palestinians at arms length. ask the reason why?

I will not comment on the derogatory "camel/donkey volunteer force", because indulging the use of such terms only voids the discussion of any meaning or significance. I just want to point out to you that in the case of Egypt, the annexation of Sinai would have never stopped any war. Sinai is an integral part of Egypt, always has been since the dawn of history, and this is not something any single Egyptian would ever forget or compromise. The 1979 peace treaty was the wise step to take by all parties involved, and it is a pity that other parties failed to appreciate the vision and realism of Sadat. The area would have been spared a lot of blood shed.

It is very easy to beat the war drums when one has no stake in the consequences!

If this bears out as fact, then what has happened and is happening between Palestine and Israel is nothing short of a horrible tragedy, It will muddy the waters even more if that's possible and there will be an added air of outrage in Palestine given what is being dished up to them atm. I feel for Israel, and pray they have not in fact "jumped the gun" on this one, what a mess for everybody.

True that.. There there's meetings happening all over the M-east trying to stop this from turning from a tit for tat israili conflict into something much bigger.. Hamas head Khaled Meshla and Islamic Jihad leader Ramdan Shalah are meeting in Cairo with Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and Qatar’s Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. Oh to be a fly on that wall..

Also, earlier during the escilations, it was reported that Iranian Rockets were being fired from Gaza.. but now the head of Iran's Parliament's National Security Committee Alaeddin Boroujerdi has denied his counrty supplied Fajr 5 rockets to Hamas.

All this coupled with the fact that rockets are crossing borders that shouldn't puts the peace treaty at jeopradary.. I only hope we don't see a knee-jerk reaction from either country.. but going on history, knee jerk reactions are usually what you get.

From day one the Israeli state as been under attack and for every decade thereafter, google 1948 war.

Yep, that's not a surprising reaction..

I will not comment on the derogatory "camel/donkey volunteer force", because indulging the use of such terms only voids the discussion of any meaning or significance. I just want to point out to you that in the case of Egypt, the annexation of Sinai would have never stopped any war. Sinai is an integral part of Egypt, always has been since the dawn of history, and this is not something any single Egyptian would ever forget or compromise. The 1979 peace treaty was the wise step to take by all parties involved, and it is a pity that other parties failed to appreciate the vision and realism of Sadat. The area would have been spared a lot of blood shed.

It is very easy to beat the war drums when one has no stake in the consequences!

sensitive soul, nothing derogatory about it, - any Arab and his camel/donkey volunteer force. simply means "alot of people" as in "every man and his dog" google it,

The whole middle east is a mess from neighbouring countries using Hamas etc.. as pawns for there own gain, proxy wars. these rockets being fired have their finger prints all over them. how long before Israel says enough is enough. and wipes the floor with the lot of them. the stupid people who voted for Hamas have go what they deserve. Hamas as a party/group only exist to target Israel if there was peace in the region Hamas would be finished so its in their interest to start these skirmishes.

i tell you one thing two wrongs dont make a right but i'd back Israel any day over Islamic militants.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

Another militant group has fired rockets at Israel

Egyptian newspaper Al-Shorouk reported Friday that the Mujahideen Shura Council (MSC) in the Environs of Jerusalem, an al Qaeda-linked group in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, claimed responsibility for the launching of five rockets. These were apparently the rockets that were fired at Israel on Wednesday.

I'm guessing these were the rockets that were reported as being Iranian..

the stupid people who voted for Hamas have go what they deserve.

i tell you one thing two wrongs dont make a right but i'd back Israel any day over Islamic militants.

Show some respect or don't comment at all.

Show some respect or don't comment at all.

I'll comment on whatever i feel like. - im perfectly in my right to call the people who voted for Hamas stupid. defintion of stupid for yourself - Lacking intelligence or common sense - they displayed both especially when Hamas exist to only target Israel, what did they think the consequences would be, PEACE. c'mon.

I'll comment on whatever i feel like. - im perfectly in my right to call the people who voted for Hamas stupid. defintion of stupid for yourself - Lacking intelligence or common sense - they displayed both especially when Hamas exist to only target Israel, what did they think the consequences would be, PEACE. c'mon.

Again.. show some respect..

and at least do a bit more research into the political history of the Palestinian Authority, Hamas, Fatah, The modern state of Israel and the cause and effect conflicts that have shaped the politics in the region before calling people "stupid"..

Hamas (an arm of the muslim brotherhood) wants a resolution to the Arab-Israeli conflict which includs a Palestinian state based on the pre 1967 borders... Bah... (and here I go allowing this to be derailed).... tread lightly...

• Like 1

My, the amount of ammunition is not going down. There quicker man made killing machines are stopped. the better. But, silly ol me, theres far too much money to be made here for some people!!!

Israel only wants to wipe out Islam and they dont care about anyone else

and visa versa.

• Like 2

and visa versa.

Im talking about the ringleaders and nazi's not the common people. Both sides

Im talking about the ringleaders and nazi's not the common people. Both sides

Gotcha, the ones who crave power and money no matter who dies in the process?

Gotcha, the ones who crave power and money no matter who dies in the process?

Essentially.

They'll sacrifice as many lives as they see fit.