Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SETI receives $3.5M funding boost

Saru

I don't really get it, to be honest. Who is saying that they do not exist (not the Chinese :P)?

Cheers,

Badeskov

That's what the people sem to conclude, isn't it, who say that just because They haven't replied back to SETI, or They haven't landed on the hite House Lawn , then they don't exist.

* White, not hite. :unsure2:

That's what the people sem to conclude, isn't it, who say that just because They haven't replied back to SETI, or They haven't landed on the hite House Lawn ™, then they don't exist.

* White, not hite. :unsure2:

Hi 747,

OK, sorry, I was probably a bit trigger happy on my last post. I thought you were referring to posters here.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• 2 weeks later...

It's a big waste of money. NASA/SETI in general minus satellites is a giant waste of money. The Governments, even Americas, would love to shut down NASA and other Space Programs for a long time or maybe forever. Why? Because they know everything or almost everything. Just my opinion. The world is royally screwed if they find another advanced race of whatever. They never will find anything until someone else says so and in my opinion that someone will just manifested it like they have always have been.

Edited by kampz

It's a big waste of money. NASA/SETI in general minus satellites is a giant waste of money. The Governments, even Americas, would love to shut down NASA and other Space Programs for a long time or maybe forever. Why? Because they know everything or almost everything. Just my opinion. The world is royally screwed if they find another advanced race of whatever. They never will find anything until someone else says so and in my opinion that someone will just manifested it like they have always have been.

:huh: NASA know everything already? Or the Governments do? Why should finding another advanced race in, say, Alpha Centauri necessarily screw the world royally?

Select Governments and what's higher then that probably know everything or most.

Well the general idea of Aliens that fly around in UFO's already has them being to advanced. People who follow religion and evolution will be confused. People will complain that they have been abducting them and implanting things inside and ruining crops. They will complain that they can just invade us whenever. There's no such thing of jokes really involving them because people will be afraid. Riots will happen and you have no idea what they're going to say... What if they say evolution cracks them and we already figured out that it doesn't for us. There's many things that can happen. What about you?

What if SETI finds something right now and they teleport over here and kill us. Screw SETI. In my opinion everything in this Universe has someone controlling it. Like others purposed they would of found something already. If there's aliens in UFO's they've been here since we've been here. Sure there could be a alien race that totally hides from us like Bigfoot.

Edited by kampz

Select Governments and what's higher then that probably know everything or most.

Well the general idea of Aliens that fly around in UFO's already has them being to advanced. People who follow religion and evolution will be confused.

That's an interesting notion. So you're saying that proof of Extraterrestrial intelligence would not only embarrass religion, but Evolution also? Well, I'll have to leave it to those who believe in Evolution (*) to be able to talk about it in more depth, but the theory, as it stands now, refers to conditions aplying on Earth, to creatures on Earth, does it not? So might not the same processes and principles apply on other planets, only the lifeforms to which ti applies and the ways in which they evolve might differ?

(* :P )

Sure there could be a alien race that totally hides from us like Bigfoot.

Actually this is quite an interesting notion as well; actually I have often wondered if things like Bigfoot might not be related to the topic of Extraterrestrials, there do seem to be some cases (look up Skinwalker Ranch, for example) where the two do seem to go together. Maybe it comes down to what people expect to see; some people might be more inclined to see something that they're not famiiar with as a creature from another Planet, some might be more inclined to see it as some undiscovered kind of creature, or some kind of semi-Human. it's an interesting thought.

That's an interesting notion. So you're saying that proof of Extraterrestrial intelligence would not only embarrass religion, but Evolution also? Well, I'll have to leave it to those who believe in Evolution (*) to be able to talk about it in more depth, but the theory, as it stands now, refers to conditions aplying on Earth, to creatures on Earth, does it not? So might not the same processes and principles apply on other planets, only the lifeforms to which ti applies and the ways in which they evolve might differ?

(* :P )

Actually this is quite an interesting notion as well; actually I have often wondered if things like Bigfoot might not be related to the topic of Extraterrestrials, there do seem to be some cases (look up Skinwalker Ranch, for example) where the two do seem to go together. Maybe it comes down to what people expect to see; some people might be more inclined to see something that they're not famiiar with as a creature from another Planet, some might be more inclined to see it as some undiscovered kind of creature, or some kind of semi-Human. it's an interesting thought.

It could embarrass the evolutionist, but not people who follow religion or vice versa. I wouldn't care. It shouldn't hurt them but I would think some would be. In my opinion they fit together slightly along with the Ancient Astronaut theory that points interesting things out. Jobs appear to be in jeopardy. It's our fault. I think?

I don't know to much about evolution anymore. I would leave it up to them to discuss too. I guess it would refer to the conditions applying on Earth and it's creatures. Why wouldn't the same creatures on Earth exist on the E.T. planet? I guess the Earth got shafted on some animals because of what? Nothing? A comet or rock impacting the planet that had the building blocks of life? Why did those crappy rocks hold the building blocks of life? Evolution is a word you can use is many ways. Evolution is genetics in my opinion.

Skinwalker Ranch is Government and "whoever runs this Universes" show. Government could of came after "whoever made the Universe" to sabotage it. Someone didn't want the other guy hogging all the fun.

Edited by kampz

• 3 weeks later...

Beats the cost of the flu shot this year as that was a miss.

Let's not forget the fact that SETI@HOME has about 2,500Terraflops + of DONATED processing power. I'm one of those individuals. http://www.gridrepub....php?page=stats

So am I. The money donated to the SETI Institute's Allen Telescope Array will be used to improve the sensitivity of the receivers, not for computing power. The ATA also has a volunteer program. Thousands go online to look for and report possible SETI signals, after doing a tutorial on just what to look for. Computers process the reports. but the searching itself is done by human eyes and brains. The ATA is examining stars that have or are believed to have planets orbiting them, thus increasing their chances of success. The list of stars comes from the Kepler Space Telescope and other exoplanet searches.

Waste of money.

I can't help but wonder about a situation in which one part of the government is aware that another part of the government is practicing a ruse? What are the ethical implications?

As the government suppresses any information about UFO or visitation, another part goes through this charade about listening for them on radio waves, and it costs money for that charade.

I can't help but wonder about a situation in which one part of the government is aware that another part of the government is practicing a ruse? What are the ethical implications?

As the government suppresses any information about UFO or visitation, another part goes through this charade about listening for them on radio waves, and it costs money for that charade.

The (U.S.) government doesn't listen for SETI signals, as far as we know. SETI@Home, and the SETI Institute, two separate private organizations, are funded by donations from businesses, individuals, and a contract to track satellites.