Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White Monarch albino deer (video)

sonicsaint

They're actually quite common in some areas. At the old Seneca Army Depot in NY, there is a whole herd of white deer that live within the confines of the fence surrounding the base. I've seen dozens just driving by the place.

Truly beautiful animal. Thank you, and welcome to UM :tu:

• Like 1

Really pretty cool... The unicorn thing doe sremind me of a thing that happened back in the 70's when I was stationed at White Sands (Southern New Mexico)...

There is a highway that cuts across the missile range and when ever they are going to perform a test firing the Military Police (MP's) would seal off the highway to protect the travellers from a misfire or a 'short round' falling on them...

Usually they would set up tents for cover from the sun, and have some water, etc on hand... Along the highway - every 20 or so telephone poles, there was an emergency phone directly connected to the MP desk - in case a motorist got stranded...

One Friday night I was visiting with a buddy - who was an MP and had Desk Sgt duties... The emergency phone rang about 1 in the morning...

My Buddy: "White Sands Military Police Desk. How may I help you?"

Driver: "Come get me, I'm drunk."

My Buddy: "Ummm. Okay. What makes you think your too drunk to drive?" (This was the 70's and drunk drivers were treated a bit differently)

Driver: " 'Cause I just saw a unicorn."

My Buddy: "Okay.... "

He got the telephone pole number from the guy, notified civilian police and we hopped into a jeep then wnet out to check on him. When we got there we saw a Cadillac off the road, front end pointing out into the desert - head lights still on. Drivers door was open and several beer cans were strewn about. Sitting off to the side was the driver (a civilian).

He looked up at my friend and said "I thought I was okay. I didn't think I'd had too much to drink until I saw that @#$%&@ Unicorn..."

About that time an African Gemsbuck gemsbuck-455b61.jpg

wandered into the area lit by the headlights... This animal only had one horn as it had broken the other off during mating season...

My buddy laughed and told the guy he may not have been as drunk as he thought because her really did see a unicorn...

We waited there with him until the civilian cops came for him...

The Army had imported a few dozen of them to live on the range and let them run wild there...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

That would be a beautiful sight to see. Most small animals that turn out white or albino don't last long. Hard for them to hide and they end up easy targets. Its the reason you don't see a lot of white wild rabbits or rats. With the exception in places where there is snow cover most of the year.