Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis was in West Africa

Big Bad Voodoo

Thanks L and thanks also for all the interesting pictures and comparisons.

Sure seems to me Libyans were in Crete and even Thera into Greece, Athenians were Pelasgians, they might have even been Libyan/Therans and headed to the mainland when they evacuated Thera prior to the eruption or even after but somehow Athena has arrived into Greece from Crete after being bought in from Libya, as Plato thought.

Sure. Read my next post about bull rituals and about twin brother.

Edited by the L

Story was written on walls on temple Sias. Anyway interesting locations were Spartel and Tantalis but I will continue with Atlas region (Son of Poseidon). We see prehistory as empty time when people didnt have rich history although we know that todays anatomicly human exist atleast 100 000 years. And people with language, religion and art skills exists atleast 40 000 years. So what people were doing to 10 000 BC? Isnt logic to think that history happened all time. That civilization rise and fell?

Ammianus Marcellinus wrote that for educated people of his time Atlantis was consider to be historical fact. Something like Helike I guess.

Minoans have Bull rituals and Plato wrote about Atlantis rituals with Bulls. Keftiu was Egyptian name for Minoans which means people of columns,pillars.

There were bulls who had the range of the temple of Poseidon; and the ten kings, being left alone in the temple, after they had offered prayers to the god that they might capture the victim which was acceptable to him, hunted the bulls, without weapons but with staves and nooses; and the bull which they caught they led up to the pillar and cut its throat over the top of it so that the blood fell upon the sacred inscription.

We can extract many interesting conclusions on names such as Evenor, Leucippe, Cleito. Anyway Im short on time and theme is big.

Atlas twin brother ruled Atlantis to

„…towards the Pillars of Heracles, facing the country which is now called the region of Gades in that part of the world, he gave the name which in the Hellenic language is Eumelus, in the language of the country which is named after him, Gadeirus.“

Isnt this more then enoguh? Cadiz? But I will continued.

„…they held sway in our direction over the country within the Pillars as far as Egypt and Tyrrhenia.“

Country with Pillars to Egypt adn Tyrrhenia. Now whats north and east of Libya? Etruscan sea and Egypt.

„Moreover, there were a great number of elephants in the island.“

Africa have elephants.

They have temples dedicated to Poseidon and Cleito. Temple have „strange barbaric appearance.“ But their architecture was simple also simple. I guess homes of people.

„Some of their buildings were simple, but in others they put together different stones, varying the colour to please the eye, and to be a natural source of delight. „

In Poseidon temple there was also statues of 10 kings. Also Nereids riding dolphins.

Lets hear what Plato have to say about other parts of Atlantis

„…. The surrounding mountains were celebrated for their number and size and beauty, far beyond any which still exist, having in them also many wealthy villages of country folk, and rivers, and lakes, and meadows supplying food enough for every animal, wild or tame, and much wood of various sorts, abundant for each and every kind of work….“

Lets hear about their laws, society, state of mind.

"…the kings were gathered together every fifth and every sixth year alternately, thus giving equal honour to the odd and to the even number…."

It reminds me to Iceland Godars. Who wants I can bring more info. Anyway 5 or 6 years seems to me is big time gap to things went wrong. Could it be that they gather every 6 months? That way 9000 years are 9000 months and that means 750 years.

"They were not to take up arms against one another, and they were all to come to the rescue if any one in any of their cities attempted to overthrow the royal house; like their ancestors, they were to deliberate in common about war and other matters, giving the supremacy to the descendants of Atlas. And the king was not to have the power of life and death over any of his kinsmen unless he had the assent of the majority of the ten."

King didnt have order to execute Atlantean unless majority of 10 kings say so. Democracy?

"They despised everything but virtue, caring little for their present state of life, and thinking lightly of the possession of gold and other property, which seemed only a burden to them; neither were they intoxicated by luxury; "

They were spiritual advanced civilization which get corrupted. Become greedy and ruined themselves.

"when the divine portion began to fade away, and became diluted too often and too much with the mortal admixture, and the human nature got the upper hand, ….. And when he (Zeus) had called them together, he spake as follows-"

Rest is lost.

Also as I wrote elsewhere, Proclus (5century) in his writting criticism on Timaeus wrote that others too saw Egyptian from which story of Atlantis was passed to Greeks. So we have witness account, therefore Plato probably told the truth.

To me this sum of data is more then enough.

Proclus in his Commentary on Timaeus called Atlanteans Atlantics. He used term Atlantic sea and for people Antlantics.

He spoke about war with Atlantics and Athenians.

He also quote Plato:

"...this island was greater than both Libya and Asia together, and aflbrdcd

an easy passage to other neighbouring islands ; as it was likewise easy to

pass from those islands to all the opposite continent which surrounded

that true sea."

I dont remember Plato saying that. Maybe Im wrong. So you can pass from Islands to continent. Peninsula? What surround great sea? West Africa?

Furthermore:

Such also is the Titanic

order with the Gods lo which Atlas belongs. And the first of these ten kings

was called Alias, and as it is said in the Atlauticiis gave the name to ilio

island. The summits, therefore, of the second co-ordination, are adorned

indeed by the Olympian Gods, of whom Minerva is the leader ; but they

snhdue the whole of the essence which is subordinate to the Gods, but ter

minates in the worse co-ordination; such as the essence of irrational souls,

of material masses, and of matter itself.

For, according to Heraclilns, he who passes through a region very difficult

of access, will arrive at the Atlantic, mountain, the magnitude of which is said to

be so great by the Kthiopic historians, that it reaches to the a-thcr, and sends forth

a shadow as far as to live thousand stadia. For tin- sun is concealed by it from

the ninth hour of the day till it entirely sets. Nor is this at all wonderful. For.

Athos, a Macedonian mountain, emits a shadow as fur as to Lcmnos, which is

distant from it seven hundred stadia. And Marcellus, who wrote the Ethiopic

history, not only relates that the Atlantic mountain was of such a great height,

Kthiopic historians? Ethiopic? Whos Marcellus? Where is that Ethiopic history? I didnt knew that early Ethiopics had such rich history so that they have had Historians.

Remember that Diodorus wrote that Amazon marsh was in west bordering with Ethiopians.

(Gk. Aithiops, perhaps from aithein "to burn" + ops "face" (cf. aithops "fiery-looking," later "sunburned")

This way too much.

Edited by the L

why do some people insist on cutting and pasting half of Amazon?

Anyway, its seems plato was the first to mention it. the Atlantis sea does not nessarily mean it contained a land called Atlantis. IE: the Red sea - is not named after an island called RED.

Unfair response, IMO. The Red Sea was called thus because of the direction it represented; i.e. Black Sea, Yellow Sea, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

africa_with_megalakes.jpg

When Africa was green.

Plus two more. The Darfur Megalake and the Egyptian Megalake.

cormac

Plus two more. The Darfur Megalake and the Egyptian Megalake.

cormac

Do you know when these lakes existed?

Edited by the L

Do you know when these lakes existed?

Darfur Megalake: c.7400 - 1800 BC

Egyptian Megalake: c.250,000 - 80,000 BP

cormac

• Like 1

Was pyramid built when Sahara was green?

What about Megafezzan, Chotts, Ahnot Moyer lakes? They might be home of Dionisius Atlantis.

You can tell about Megachad so I could learn about all megalakes in that area.

Was pyramid built when Sahara was green?

What about Megafezzan, Chotts, Ahnot Moyer lakes? They might be home of Dionisius Atlantis.

You can tell about Megachad so I could learn about all megalakes in that area.

The greatest extent of Megachad, what's shown in your picture, dates from c.5500 - 4950 BC. Megafezzan dates back to c.200,000 BP. Ahnot Moyer dates back to c.92,000 BP. And Chotts dates from c.98,000 BP well into the early Holocene, so just after the Ice Age.

cormac

• Like 1

The greatest extent of Megachad, what's shown in your picture, dates from c.5500 - 4950 BC. Megafezzan dates back to c.200,000 BP. Ahnot Moyer dates back to c.92,000 BP. And Chotts dates from c.98,000 BP well into the early Holocene, so just after the Ice Age.

cormac

Thanks Cormac. You are well of knowledge.

So Chotts was lake cca 11 000 BC. Could it be that from Megalake become just lake on which people sailed and catch fish? Maybe have raised city on it like Aztecs...

Who knows how many river flew there which is now dry out... Civilization often gather around rivers. Maybe beside shadow lakes there were shadow rivers.

Who knows how many river flew there which is now dry out... Civilization often gather around rivers. Maybe beside shadow lakes there were shadow rivers.

They know:

A map of what the Sahara was like 8,000 to 11,000 years ago, revealing rivers, lakes, swamps and fan-shaped deposits where rivers emptied out. The dots indicate where various kinds of pottery were found.

sahara-map-fish-101228-02.gif

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=233044&st=30#entry4458066

• Like 1

They know:

A map of what the Sahara was like 8,000 to 11,000 years ago, revealing rivers, lakes, swamps and fan-shaped deposits where rivers emptied out. The dots indicate where various kinds of pottery were found.

sahara-map-fish-101228-02.gif

http://www.unexplain...30#entry4458066

Thanks Abramelin. Look at that Chottslake in North. Maybe they have had canal to Med sea. Same as Darius built ancient Suez canal.