Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markdohle

An event that was a tad frustrating

4 posts in this topic

An event that was a tad frustrating

One day, I was on a long trip and decided to get me a Coke and some peanuts when I was getting some gas for the car. So I got the gas, my snack and pulled over to a shady spot to relax for a few minutes. I got one of those little bags of nuts, Planters I guess it was and smiling tried to open the bag from the top. So I tried one side and then the other, nothing. So I decided to turn it over still smiling, still nothing. Ah Ha I said, I need to pull it open by pulling the seam apart that is on the back side of the bag. Still attempting to smile I tried that and almost gave myself a hernia trying to pull it open. By this time I was breathing hard and my face was probably beat red. So I put back my head and said out loud, "I can't believe I can't open a simple bag of peanuts". Then I noticed a tap on my window and nice looking woman about my age was standing there smiling at me as if she understood my little problem.

So I sheepishly opened my window. She looked at me, my bag of peanuts and asked me to hand the bag to her. So I did, curious on what she was going to do. The way I was feeling, frustration is not close; she could have thrown them on the ground and danced a gig and I would have probably joined her. Laughing like a mad man all the while. . No, instead she reached into her bag and brought out a Swiss army knife, opened the part where there was a little pair of scissors and with a flourish opened the bag for me. I laughed and thanked her. She said, no, thank you. I have had this knife for years and have never found a use for it, now that I have used it, my husband can kiss my butt (she used another descriptive phrase); he keeps telling me that my knife is useless, now I can say it is not. Hmmmm I thought, not going there. So I thanked her and we parted and I continued my journey. One little bag, bested by a bag of peanuts, I am sure it will happen again. Need a Swiss army knife.

Edited by markdohle
1 person likes this

Makes me not feel so bad about carrying a little pocket knife and small flash light in my purse. Never know when you will need them.

It sounds like you made her day Mark :D That was a nice read, thank you.

Thanks both of you. Those bags, they can be people proof at times LOL.

peace

mark

1 person likes this