Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

lucid dreaming or astral projecting

Overdueleaf

Perhaps it is because i am new to this.. I have experienced one lucid dream and one onset of astral projection... but because i have not experienced enough of either i am not sure if i would be able to tell the difference between them in the future....So anyways this is a sincere question. How can you tell the difference between a lucid dream and astral projecting? Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• Kazahel

• Overdueleaf

Top Posters In This Topic

Some say there is a difference, others say there is not. I don't think there is much distinction, except you have more control over a lucid dream. Astral dreaming in my experience throws me into particular role in which i have to play out a lesson or mission.

How can you tell the difference between a lucid dream and astral projecting? Any help would be appreciated.

I tend to think it just depends on if the person sees their body while dreaming. So lucid dreaming is having awareness while dreaming(that you're dreaming)and you could be anywhere, while obe seems to be classed as having awareness while in the home(where you fell asleep)and by seeing your body.

So the main difference seems to be from just seeing your body from the outside(and in bed). If you can do that most people would say you were out of body.

Personally for now I tend to think of them as the same thing. I do understand it can feel different to be out of body but I dont know if thats because my mind wants it to feel different. Anotherwords if someone was to read books and experiences of obes(astral travelling)and then attempt to leave the body, I think the mind could recreate whats expected during dreaming.

So I'm not sure how you tell if you are actually having a different experience to dreaming or if you have just created that experience from an expectation. So as an example if I was lucid dreaming and expected to see a white goat when I turned around, most likey I'll see a white goat.

The other night for example I was lucid dreaming and when the dream ended I didnt move my body at all but I imagined myself rolling out of body. Pretty soon I had rolled myself from the blackness and off my bed and onto my floor. It really felt like I was almost physically moving and coming out of body was like peeling sticky tape off my skin. It was a strange suction type feeling and quite different. Anyway from then on I could see(and I saw myself) and the experience continued, it did feel different but in the end I dont know for sure if I just went back into dreaming from the blackness and had created this experience from attempting(expecting)to go out of body.

So I would definitely class that experience as obe but in the end I dont know how to tell for sure if they are truly separate experiences.

Edited by Kazahel