Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Independent god ?

Borana

I don't think my creator can be understood from my perspective in my little world. This is a physical world, and my creator isn't physical. Therefore, I can't understand what it really is. So I represent symbolically using the Sun, moon, etc. But whatever it may really be, it's there inside, just as I am inside it. I am that creator. So I start to understand when people say look for God inside, not outside or in the clouds. You are a piece of the creator.

The creator could be a non physical being, even something as crazy as the creator being an emotion, like love.

I think of it as most basic form of the principle of change. Take it as you want I'd be here all day trying to explain it :P

God is what you want it to be, I don't believe there is an absolute answer, you either believe or not. Personally I don't believe there is a god, whether attached to religion or not. And if I have any doubts all I have to do is Google infant deaths, illness, suffering, wars, hatred, famine....and so on.

Edited by Bling

Whereas, if i did not know there was a god, from personal contact with it, I would know god existed from the nature of man. Capable of; love, compassion, empathy ,grief, music, art, joy, architecture, engineering, maths, science, language and poetry.

A being of great creative and destructive potentials; capable of reshaping the universe, in time. Evolution has demonstrated in us, that it is capable of creating creatures who will evolve into a god or gods. Given the age, and nature of the universe as we know it, at least one god type (relative to us) is inevitable.

• Like 1

So true MW.

The sun has more electrical connections and complexity than our brain does. How do we know it is not concious.

What about a galaxy? Or even a system of galaxy's..

God would merely be the conciousness of some highly ordered system. Most likely the entire system of this universe or even mutiverses. Including the parts beneath the iceberg.

What is God? What form he, she, it has? Is God-form independent of Sun, moon, stars, planets or ancestors?

he would have to be non physical to be omnipresent otherwise he would be restrained by his own laws of nature. if there was nothing before him and he created everything that would mean that he is in everything simultanously (including your self) and so hes out of time and in time, as time is only mesured by the cycle of the moon and stars.

God is a sound people make when they're too tired to think anymore. - Edward Abbey

So true MW.

The sun has more electrical connections and complexity than our brain does. How do we know it is not concious.

And the earth has the same materials as a car, therefore it must be a car.

I am a pantheist, so God/Goddess is everything. I think the Universe is a living entity. Is it is conscious and aware? Yes, because I am an aspect of the Universe and I am aware. So is my dog, my cat and the tree in the yard, we are all different aspects of the whole.

• Like 1

The Nourishment you got from music, literature, poetry to your heart and Nourishment from Sun to your body and environment is Spirit, god. Sun, moon, stars, planets have harmonical gravity or love to our planet earth. Our ancestor revered them. And made emblems of their religion out of them. Islam emblem is a mixture of sun, moon and star.

Our ancestors have also have connection with us like astronomical objects on skys. Therefore our ancestors made gods , saints from kings, . . .

But to suppose we have antrophormic god on mysterious place, who will prepare a place to live without night or nightclub, beer and moonlight, theatre, movie, . . . Such man-god i don't like it. For me my forefathers has more influential than this kind. That's why ancients revered their ancestors.

Today the main religions are based on 1 God. I can understand the Greeks and Romans beliefs in their Gods which depicted the natural elements and what we can actually see, eg: sun, moon, stars. But what I will never understand is how 2 intelligent civilizations disowned their gods to follow one which can not be seem or felt?

I do not believe in A god, but do respect nature and all it has to offer us, I respect the universe, the Earth we live on, and time. I do not see a reason why i should "believe" in these because they are there and are apart of my reality, I do not believe they exist, I KNOW THEY EXIST.

To me there is nothing greater than time, mother nature and the Universe we live in, who created them? well, I am far too small to question them, but I am big enough to respect them.

Edited by freetoroam

Personally I don't believe there is a god, whether attached to religion or not. And if I have any doubts all I have to do is Google infant deaths, illness, suffering, wars, hatred, famine....and so on.

Who said a creator had to be perfect? Old books written by men, right?

God is a sound people make when they're too tired to think anymore. - Edward Abbey

Np, God is a sound people make when they are Man. I've noticed a dividing of those who think scientifically losing their ability to think philosophically. Maybe one day it will come back together.

I've noticed a dividing of those who think scientifically losing their ability to think philosophically. Maybe one day it will come back together.

Perhaps they see how pointless it is? Science left philosophy and got results. Edited by Rlyeh

Perhaps they see how pointless it is? Science left philosophy and got results.

Depends what point you're trying to reach.

Who said a creator had to be perfect? Old books written by men, right?

Well if our 'creator' made so many mistakes then he/she is not very good at their job! They should be sacked, not revered.

• Like 1

Today the main religions are based on 1 God. I can understand the Greeks and Romans beliefs in their Gods which depicted the natural elements and what we can actually see, eg: sun, moon, stars. But what I will never understand is how 2 intelligent civilizations disowned their gods to follow one which can not be seem or felt?

I do not believe in A god, but do respect nature and all it has to offer us, I respect the universe, the Earth we live on, and time. I do not see a reason why i should "believe" in these because they are there and are apart of my reality, I do not believe they exist, I KNOW THEY EXIST.

To me there is nothing greater than time, mother nature and the Universe we live in, who created them? well, I am far too small to question them, but I am big enough to respect them.

If you look at the history of judaism, you will come to understand. Basically the god of the jews was not just monotheistic but personal. The people were expected to have a familiar personal relationship with god.

The old testament illustrates how god did appear to men and walk with them. God was made manifest to these people in many physical ways. This manifestation culminates (in the christian evolution of judaism ) in christ, who is god made manifest as man, and has the same spiritual and physical powers as god. This was a major religious transition from the gods of babylon and egypt who also had some input into the god of the early hebiru (hebrew) people.

In historicla terms the evolution of such a god came in part from hebiru values such as the importance of linear time and genealogy, and new learned knowledge. It was also a god more suited to pastoralism and agricuture than the old gods of hunting and gathering as the laws of the OT illustrate, because this religion was about ordering and structuring society in a new way, as much as about individual worship.

However, the creative element of god was retained from earlier forms. ALos the duality of a spiritual and physical form to god was kept. In a way, it brought pantheism into a unified god. Today in some places christian belief is including a form of pantheism where god is a universal living conscious force, inhabiting all things. That debate on the nature of the christian god has been going on for around 150 years, in christian circles, that I am aware of.

Well if our 'creator' made so many mistakes then he/she is not very good at their job!

I love them. I adore the vulnerable.