Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would knowing god existed really change.....

notoverrated

be honest, if you knew for a fact that there was a god would you change anything? and how would it impact you. personaly i cant see to many changes in how i life my life if i knew for a fact that there was a god.

Maybe I'd live the monk's life if I knew for a fact that God exists.

Doubts are what makes you human.

But the devil sure didn't change his life knowing God existed...

• Like 4

be honest, if you knew for a fact that there was a god would you change anything? and how would it impact you. personaly i cant see to many changes in how i life my life if i knew for a fact that there was a god.

I would change to be however I felt that god wanted me to be. I just have.. erm, would have.. that urge to please my creator. I guess I'm loyal like that.

• Like 4

I would change to be however I felt that god wanted me to be. I just have.. erm, would have.. that urge to please my creator. I guess I'm loyal like that.

i think that would be the natural thing to do, all of us probably would just do what he said in the end if we knew he was real :P

be honest, if you knew for a fact that there was a god would you change anything?

No, I have no regrets. Live by the golden rule.

And what kind of god? The ruthless dictator variety?

• Like 1

probably would not change me in myself that much other then perhaps i would be a bit bitter and angry.

I am a mother, I do not have my children then leave them to starve or be abused at others hands or their own. Yes I teach them, and yes they go on their own, but they never have to go through a life of wondering IF i ever really existed and what my heart yearned for where they are concerned. They never have to go to religion to know of me.

There are millions and millions of mothers out there, my kids do not have to read thousands of books and passages to know which mom raised them and loved them and nurtured them.

I never ever once said 'heres the rules, if yo live them, and beg my forgiveness every time you fall you have a chance of being with me forever but if you break one and do not beg forgivness you will burn in hell forever'.

That is what an abusive spouse does.. 'love me, follow my rules and i wont have to punish you... disobey me and i must punish you, you bring this punishment on yourself, you are to blame that i must discipline you harshly'

So yes, I would probably feel bitter at such a god. Or who knows, I may thing, eh.. it created us to see what would happen and we are the ones who created religion to explain it.. and then of course i would still live as i do and live as an atheist.

All the same in the end.

• Like 2

I'd be upset if I found out God was the kind to send non-believing sinners to hell, but I'd serve him anyway out of fear. If he can read my thoughts though, I'm screwed.

Otherwise, I would maybe pray sometimes. I'd hope he'd understand I have my own little mortal life to live and cant spend my sundays praising him.

• Like 1

It would have changed me if i thought he doesn't exist. I would have become EVIL! very EVIL! too bad he does, no?

Good thing you believe he exists then.
  • Like 1

Believe or disbelieve. that's for your kind.

My kind is definitely not like yours, homicidal.

My kind is definitely not like yours, homicidal.

You believe so?

Assuming is a trait of your kind. I can't really do much about it, believe me i have tried.

It would have changed me if i thought he doesn't exist. I would have become EVIL! very EVIL! too bad he does, no?

Then it is a good thing you believe in him, I have heard that there are people who are not capable of making good decisions without feeling submissive to some being they feel is better then them, some pple have to be a slave, emotional, physical, sexual to a human, others to what they percieve to be a god or spiritual being.

Myself? I have learned to love people, I love my children, i love my friends, i love myself. I also understand that if I must follow something, then it will be the belief that I should treat others in the manner I wish to be treated, or walk away.

So I guess I have no issues with being an atheist/agnostic.

I am fortunate in that. But I understand others need something more as a crutch, my crutch is living and enjoying it, and understanding that the only way to do that is to make sure that I treat others with the same goodness I want in return and walk away from those who would make me miserable for more then a moment in time.

I like my crutch better. It is there in front of me for me to see each and every moment. No doubts.

Then it is a good thing you believe in him, I have heard that there are people who are not capable of making good decisions without feeling submissive to some being they feel is better then them, some pple have to be a slave, emotional, physical, sexual to a human, others to what they percieve to be a god or spiritual being.

Myself? I have learned to love people, I love my children, i love my friends, i love myself. I also understand that if I must follow something, then it will be the belief that I should treat others in the manner I wish to be treated, or walk away.

So I guess I have no issues with being an atheist/agnostic.

I am fortunate in that. But I understand others need something more as a crutch, my crutch is living and enjoying it, and understanding that the only way to do that is to make sure that I treat others with the same goodness I want in return and walk away from those who would make me miserable for more then a moment in time.

I like my crutch better. It is there in front of me for me to see each and every moment. No doubts.

Why do you all keep assuming things up.

I meant that all my view of life is based on God's existence, not from the fear of it! or obedience! If i thought that everything is just a random co-incidence! & we are all but just a mass of concentrated matter! I may have not the respect i have now for humanity & all! UNDERESTOOD?!

You believe so?

You basically admitted it.
Assuming is a trait of your kind. I can't really do much about it, believe me i have tried.

I've only assumed that "very evil" implies more than just telling lies, or theft.

I treat others with the same goodness I want in return and walk away from those who would make me miserable for more then a moment in time.

Sometimes humans who have rose in power above others learn different means to extract good things from the others. this is not morality its your method of survival. I in the other hands believe in a bigger picture. a harmony of the living things. I do good even if it costs me. I uphold justice even if its against me. I share my food with my enemies even if their next move is to hurt me.

Of course it would change my life. How could it not? It throws up huge issues of mortality, humanity and spirituality to be considered.

But in terms of how I actually live my life, I doubt much would change. Depends on the god, really.

In Islam, Shaytan, the devil, knew of God's existence.

Shaytan, is a Jinn, that was created to worship God (Allah), just as men were

Shaytan apparently knew of God's existence.

When God created Adam, He commanded all the angels and Jinn to bow down to Adam.

Shaytan didn't because of his arrogance.

So God would punish Shaytan by sending him to hell in the end.

Shaytan, however, was allowed to mislead all the children of Adam so they could join him in hell.

So, the devil still was evil, even though he knew God existed.

And I'm still not sure, why God didn't just send Shaytan to hell immediately, instread of allowing him to cause other innocent people to go to hell.

And, why didn't God just do something about Shaytan's arrogance?

Wouldn't it have been better if no one went to hell??

For the love of God...

• Like 1

You basically admitted it.

I've only assumed that "very evil" implies more than just telling lies, or theft.

Well i would rather go for slavery :D but know that the potential exists for all of us. everyone is held by something, philosophy for me, family & friends for some, fear of consequences & ...

Edited by C235

Which god? The god of Abraham, I might get up every morning and shout to the sky, "WHY? you some kind of idiot or something!!"

• Like 3

And what kind of god? The ruthless dictator variety?

Which god? The god of Abraham, I might get up every morning and shout to the sky, "WHY? you some kind of idiot or something!!"

I totally agree. The question is incomplete. To answer the question we must first define what kind of god(s) are we talking about. If it's C'thulu, it would probably change my life. If it's the greek gods, maybe not as much. If it's the god of Abraham, I'd be sad but wouldn't change much. If it's the god of Karmanaut, it would change it a bit.

Won't change. Still not my god.

The head in the sand route?