Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

Alphamale06

I know it is a serious condition, and the guy says that headbinding could very well have been a way to cure it.

OK it's worth thinking about rather than dismissing out of hand. It's a theory. As far as I know the disease isn't known for chronically affecting communities in the same way as plague but who knows?

Where is everyone today? Bit quiet in here.

Edited by zoser

It is NYD, Zose. I expect people are probably enjoying turkey and mince Pies, or whatever is customary round their way.

It is NYD, Zose. I expect people are probably enjoying turkey and mince Pies, or whatever is customary round their way.

Hmm. I've never regarded it as a special day really; suppose other people must do special things.

Neither do I really. It's just a number in an inaccurately calculated calendar after all.

OK it's worth thinking about rather than dismissing out of hand. It's a theory. As far as I know the disease isn't known for chronically affecting communities in the same way as plague but who knows?

Where is everyone today? Bit quiet in here.

It's a theory alright, but it doesn't have to do with any 'plague' as I explained.

Let's say some leaders had red hair, and by inbreeding - what was quite common for the leading families in ancient times - the red hair would show up in many members of the royal family, and no doubt would be seen as a sign 'of royal blood'.

Either out of respect or because they saw it as a sign of beauty, the common members of the people copied that red hair by bleaching their own hair. Or it was copied by those who were high ranking on the social ladder (priests, generals, and so on).

Same thing could have happened with those coneheads, the large ones being the result of headbinding as a treatment of hydrocephaly, the smaller ones as 'imitations'.

Edited by Abramelin

Maybe this year we will all find a better way to treat one another ! 2013 the Year of the UFO. :clap:

• Like 1

Maybe this year we will all find a better way to treat one another ! 2013 the Year of the UFO. :clap:

Let's hope so D. Happy New Year to you. Got that BBQ fired up yet? I'm hungry for some tasty vittles. :tu:

• Like 1

Let's hope so D. Happy New Year to you. Got that BBQ fired up yet? I'm hungry for some tasty vittles. :tu:

Boony where have yer been? Rumours around here that you had been abducted!

Boony where have yer been? Rumours around here that you had been abducted!

Yes, I was abducted and probed profusely. The ordeal was memorable and I've not escaped without some scars, but I'll live...

Did you have yourself some happy holidays zoser? I see you're still convinced that us humans couldn't possibly cut, move, and stack stones back in the day.

You'd have had some fun round here lately, booN.

Oh, it's been like the old Best Evidence threads. It's just like Skyeagle was back. :santa:

• Like 1

Did you have yourself some happy holidays zoser? I see you're still convinced that us humans couldn't possibly cut, move, and stack stones back in the day.

Good to see you anyway. I've been in here for quite a while and made some new 'friends'.

The new buzz word around here is 'vitrification'.

I'm sure someone will clue you in.

Good to see you anyway.

And you. :)

I've been in here for quite a while and made some new 'friends'.

The new buzz word around here is 'vitrification'.

You might have something worthy of consideration with this 'vitrification' idea if all of the stones supposedly showed signs of possible 'vitrification' and not just a handful. But considering that you don't, I guess it really isn't all that important is it?

I'm sure someone will clue you in.

Oh, I've read it.

Cheers :D

Lifting by Sound.

This is an avenue that needs to be explored. Much folklore mentions that this is the energy source that explains how the megalithic blocks at the various ancient sites were lifted.

The box on top of Leedskalnin's tripod is widely thought to be the secret of how he lifted the stones at Coral Castle. I don't wish to get into the debate of block and tackle ratings which has been done before.

Leedskalnin_001.jpg

The box was apparently never found, and we have some idea by what appears to be wires connected to it that it could have been some speaker box, There was a generator of sorts in his workshop that could have been part of the set up.

Conjecture yes. Remember though what his own personal claims were as well as the stories about children seeing him levitating blocks, and the truck driver's anecdotal tale, and it starts to make a bit of sense.

Then there is this:

When the stone was in position the monk behind the small drum gave a signal to start the concert. The small drum had a very sharp sound, and could be heard even with the other instruments making a terrible din. All the monks were singing and chanting a prayer, slowly increasing the tempo of this unbelievable noise. During the first four minutes nothing happened, then as the speed of the drumming, and the noise, increased, the big stone block started to rock and sway, and suddenly it took off into the air with an increasing speed in the direction of the platform in front of the cave hole 250 meters high. After three minutes of ascent it landed on the platform.

Continuously they brought new blocks to the meadow, and the monks using this method, transported 5 to 6 blocks per hour on a parabolic flight track approximately 500 meters long and 250 meters high. From time to time a stone split, and the monks moved the split stones away. Quite an unbelievable task.

Dr Jarl knew about the hurling of the stones. Tibetan experts like Linaver, Spalding and Hue had spoken about it, but they had never seen it. So Dr Jarl was the first foreigner who had the opportunity to see this remarkable spectacle. Because he had the opinion in the beginning that he was the victim of mass-psychosis he made two films of the incident. The films showed exactly the same things that he had witnessed.

The English Society for which Dr Jarl was working confiscated the two films and declared them classified. They will not be released until 1990. This action is rather hard to explain, or understand. : End of trans."

Read more

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/antigravityworldgrid/ciencia_antigravityworldgrid08.htm

nopeda, on 29 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Of course there's the other possibility which is that they did help us, and it's even possible that humans wouldn't exist if they had not helped us. For all you know it is that way, yet you don't seem able to appreciate that sort of possibility.

I strongly suspect all your statements are down to a love of weird stories and your impressionable age... both are things I grew out of.. you know the old saying? "When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away those childish things" (originally Corinthians)

As long as I can remember I've been aware that it's stupid to think this is the only planet in the universe that has intelligent life on it, and that it's unlikely that any beings in the universe are good enough at space travel to have influence in more than one star system. But! I was naively stupid enough to think that humans would be able to detect the presence of xt vehicles in our atmosphere if they came around, so I disbelieved that they ever come around now and probably have never been here at all. More recently I figured out why that was stupid, and now consider the possibility that they have been here in the past and still come around now.

OH GOD NO!!! Not again!

You try to decide for everyone on the planet then. Here are the choices I was given, but add as many more as you want:

1. they were carved over.

2. they were plastered over then carved over.

3. they don't look like air vehicles.

4. they were plastered over, carved over, then some of the plaster fell out.

5. they were plastered over, carved over, then all of the plaster fell out.

One person suggested they were somehow inspired by clouds or/and lighting. Even with all that my impression so far is still that they were carved to appear as they do :lol: which amusingly is something some people in this forum don't want to think about.

right harte so how many years have we been over this ? people just don`t get it

Get what? There are a number of possible reasons why they appear as they do. YOU tell us which of those possible reasons you think everyone should put their faith in and why if you think you have it figured out. Explain how you think those carving all just happened to appear to depict different types of air vehicles just by accident and incredible coincidence.

I don't now about that, either hey'd take the ships back with them, or depending on how ling ago they were here rhey could have rotted away to nothing.

They could probably control how long it takes for things to break down. The things that last for thousands or millions of years they'd probably take with them, and the things that break down in a few decades or so leave behind IF they left anything.

You try to decide for everyone on the planet then. Here are the choices I was given, but add as many more as you want:

1. they were carved over.

2. they were plastered over then carved over.

3. they don't look like air vehicles.

4. they were plastered over, carved over, then some of the plaster fell out.

5. they were plastered over, carved over, then all of the plaster fell out.

One person suggested they were somehow inspired by clouds or/and lighting. Even with all that my impression so far is still that they were carved to appear as they do :lol: which amusingly is something some people in this forum don't want to think about.

Don't recall seeing a response to my addressing this point for point earlier.

It is more time travel than alien visitation.

:lol:

It's easy to consider ways xt visitation could be possible. Try explaining how you think time travel could be possible.

To think that much advanced aliens would use 1940's era human helicopter technology is absurd.

How do you think you know they wouldn't use 2040's era human helicopter technology, or 3040's era human helicopter technology, or .....? Also, what types of material were the bodies made of, and how big were the vehicles themselves?

nopeda, on 29 December 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

I'm aware of that possibility. I'm also aware of another one that you're not able to comprehend, which is that in some cases they could not have. That's the starting line, but you can't get there. You may never get there during your entire life either, but that's it whether you ever reach it or not. If you do get there, somehow, some day, then what? We'll probably never know.

Can you talk sense or must I dig through your Twilight Zone drivel to find out what the hell you are talking about?

It's possible that humans have made all of the monoliths on this planet without help from any more advanced beings. It's also possible that they could not have. The second possibility :yes: is the starting line I referred to.

nopeda, on 29 December 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

You think they should have instantly transformed ancient societies into societies like the ones we're living in now. You imagine they could instantly have power plants and tv and radio stations and probably even cell phones and the internet, but in reality it would take time. Possibly even thousands of years...with advances being made all over the planet in order for the technology to grow everywhere...and have to withstand thousands of years of wars and other disasters...like what IS GOING ON. Now you know.

Yeah I do think that is possible. Evidence and History tells me. Our reality says it does. Evidence and history is here. All I stated was that it's possible and obviously it didn't happen to us. I do believe there's a chance someone else was here in ancient times and I believe they looked almost the same us.

. . .

Then there's everyone else in the World who report the same crazy things in a way and stuff that seems out of reality.

If it takes a few hundred years with timeouts for wars for a species to develop technologically even with the help of superior beings, we may very well be developing with the help of superior beings. We may have already died out without their help, or we might still be hunting with sticks and rocks as humans did for about the first ninety percent of the time they've been on the planet.

What stuff that seems out of reality?