Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

Alphamale06

Returning to topic, shouldn't we classify Jesus as solid evidence of alien visitation?

After all he could do stuff that was almost as good as David Blaine's stunts, although DB has yet to bring a corpse back to life.

The bottom line is, should we believe Jesus when he said stuff like this?-

"You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world" (John 8:23)

"You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

"I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going" (John 8:14)

"I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (Matt 13:35)

Would you listen to him Spock?

"Affirmative, it would be most illogical NOT to listen to him, I'm all ears"..

spock-eyebrowB.gif

Edited by Crikey

Returning to topic, shouldn't we classify Jesus as solid evidence of alien visitation?

"You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world" (John 8:23)

"You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

"I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going" (John 8:14)

So now youre almost getting into zosers mind frame, by assuming a theory is a fact. Did he really exist?

And the bits you quoted were no doubt from the King James bible, which was rewritten/moderated until it pleased King James, you need to study original texts to know for sure what the original bible actually says..

"Did Jesus Exist? is a 1975 book written by the modern German historian George Albert Wells who speculated on the evidence of Jesus Christ. Wells argues there was no historical evidence of Jesus existing.[1][2] A revised second edition was published in 1986. Wells' views were criticized by the James D.G. Dunn in his book The Evidence for Jesus.[3] Wells has since modified his position, saying that Paul's Jesus and the Jesus that appeared in the hypothetical Q Gospel were two different people and that the Gospel Jesus, although flesh and blood, is in essence a composite character."

http://en.wikipedia....id_Jesus_Exist?

But anyway.. see this link and read some bits that may grab your attention

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=did+jesus+exist

So if G*D made man from Adams rib...why does the fossil record show we evolved?

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

Blue eyed people have a single common ancestor. Maybe the OCA2 gene was purposely turned off so it didn't have the ability to produce brown eyes. And the switch was very specific...it didn't turn the entire gene off completely only the part that affects the iris in the eye. What the else happened at that time in our history? Three major foods (wheat, rice and potatoes) all underwent a genetic mutation as well and agriculture begins. First use of copper. Writing began at this time too. A bit of a coincidence all this happened around the same time.

Edited by sslama

Blue eyed people have a single common ancestor. Maybe the OCA2 gene was purposely turned off so it didn't have the ability to produce brown eyes. And the switch was very specific...it didn't turn the entire gene off completely only the part that affects the iris in the eye. What the else happened at that time in our history? Three major foods (wheat, rice and potatoes) all underwent a genetic mutation as well and agriculture begins. First use of copper. Writing began at this time too. A bit of a coincidence all this happened around the same time.

Well heres something to think about

"Turn your brown eyes blue with lasers"

quote: "For a paltry five grand, Laguna Beach doctor Gregg Homer thinks he can help you out. He claims to have developed a 20-second procedure that can permanently change your eyes from brown to blue. Best of all? He does it using lasers.

Homer says it's possible because us poor, boring, brown-eyed folk actually have blue eyes... they're just masked by brown pigmentation.

http://io9.com/5856190/who-needs-genetic-engineering-turn-your-brown-eyes-blue-with-lasers-instead

I have to say that is NEW news to me!!

So now youre almost getting into zosers mind frame, by assuming a theory is a fact. Did he [Jesus] really exist?

Did Confucius exist? Ezekiel? Isaiah? Buddha? Mohammed?

Why pick on Jesus, is there something about him that frightens you?..;)

His credentials are impeccable-

For a start his arrival was foretold centuries before just as he said, - "All things about me in the law of Moses,the Prophets and the Psalms,must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44)

And when he arrived he didn't skulk in some underground hideout, he travelled all over Israel for 3 long years in front of the people and the occupying Roman Army, that's a lot of eyewitnesses - "I've spoken openly to the world..I said nothing in secret" (John 18:20)

And "Large crowds from Galilee, the Ten Cities, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him" (Matt 4:25)

And he pulled crowds of over 4000 and 5000 at two gigs alone (Matt 15:32, Matt 14:13)

Even the Koran written some 600 years later dare not deny Jesus was something special:- "Allah.. exalted some messengers above others and gave miracles to Jesus the son of Mary and strengthened him with the holy spirit" (Koran 2:253)

Heck, Jesus was almost as big as Elvis, right Elv?

"Uh-huh"..

elvis1.jpg

Over three hundred pages of detailed explanation to a Goldfish, and you lack reason?????????????

I have never seen the patience as exhibited by yourself an Oniomancer. I think it is quite a mystery as to why you both keep entertaining this most stupid line of inquiry. Every question posed has been answered with examples time and again. I take my hat of to the both of you. The repetition would have sent me to the funny farm by now.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

As long as this drivel keeps popping up, somebody needs to counter it. If it isn't him, it'll just be somebody else. He is after all just parroting the general idea, and the idea itself is recursively repetitive. I am trying to limit myself to only responding when he brings up something sort of newish. At least he does on occasion, unlike nopeda.

Like abe too, I like a good debate. Keeps the brain exercised. It's like a game, looking for and exploiting the weak spots in the argument and ways to outflank the more intransigent aspects, and I'm the kind of playing who sticks it out even when I'm down to just my king.

• Like 1

It doesn't help to pidgeon-hole a large expanse of time together. By the earliest timeframe for blue eye color, circa 6000 BC, domesticated emmer and einkorn wheat as well as domesticated barley had already existed from as much as 2800 years to as little as 1500 years earlier. The earliest copper smelting in Europe in evidence didn't happen for another 500 years (c.5500 BC) and was located at the Plocnik Site in Serbia. These are not simultaneous events.

http://www.ndsu.edu/pubweb/~mcclean/plsc731/homework/papers/huen%20et%20al%20%20site%20of%20einkorn%20wheat%20domestication%20identified%20by%20DNA%20fingerprinting.pdf

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/19/10/1797.full.pdf+html

http://books.google.com/books?id=C1H6_XWJS_gC&pg=PA59&vq=barley&dq=Domestication+of+Plants+in+the+Old+World:+The+Origin+and+Spread+of+Cultivated+Plants+in+West+Asia,+Europe,+and+the+Nile+Valley&hl=en#v=onepage&q=barley&f=false

http://www.stonepages.com/news/archives/002557.html

cormac

• Like 3

Why pick on Jesus, is there something about him that frightens you?.. ;)

For a start his arrival was foretold centuries before just as he said, - "All things about me in the law of Moses,the Prophets and the Psalms,must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44)

And when he arrived he didn't skulk in some underground hideout, he travelled all over Israel for 3 long years in front of the people and the occupying Roman Army, that's a lot of eyewitnesses - "I've spoken openly to the world..I said nothing in secret" (John 18:20)

And "Large crowds from Galilee, the Ten Cities, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him" (Matt 4:25)

And he pulled crowds of over 4000 and 5000 at two gigs alone (Matt 15:32, Matt 14:13)

Even the Koran written some 600 years later dare not deny Jesus was something special:- "Allah.. exalted some messengers above others and gave miracles to Jesus the son of Mary and strengthened him with the holy spirit" (Koran 2:253)

"Uh-huh"..

Sorry mate but one of the things I dont like to discuss for more than minute on forums - (or even face to face) is religion, and anyone's faiths. You'll find the subject starts fires in people.

besides there is a spirituality part of the forum for such things to be discussed

Edited by seeder

Why pick on Jesus, is there something about him that frightens you?.. ;)

"Uh-huh"..

elvis1.jpg

Well, lets face it, they could not miss being such a common name at the time could they? According to what records we have, there were no fewer than 19 Jesus, at the time, but no Jesus of Nazareth.

A Surfeit of Jesuses! – But No "Jesus of Nazareth" (LINK)

Was there a Jesus? Of course there was a Jesus – many!

The archetypal Jewish hero was Joshua (the successor of Moses) otherwise known as Yehoshua (Yeshua) bin Nun (‘Jesus of the fish’). Since the name Jesus (Yeshua or Yeshu in Hebrew, Iesous in Greek, source of the English spelling) originally was a title (meaning ‘saviour’, derived from ‘Yahweh Saves’) probably every band in the Jewish resistance had its own hero figure sporting this moniker, among others.

Josephus, the first century Jewish historian mentions no fewer than nineteen different Yeshuas/Jesii, about half of them contemporaries of the supposed Christ! In hisAntiquities, of the twenty-eight high priests who held office from the reign of Herod the Great to the fall of the Temple, no fewer than four bore the name Jesus: Jesus ben Phiabi, Jesus ben Sec, Jesus ben Damneus and Jesus ben Gamaliel. Even Saint Paul makes reference to a rival magician, preaching ‘another Jesus’ (2 Corinthians 11,4). The surfeit of early Jesuses includes:

Jesus ben Sirach. This Jesus was reputedly the author of the Book of Sirach (aka'Ecclesiasticus, or the Wisdom of Jesus the Son of Sirach'), part of Old TestamentApocrypha. Ben Sirach, writing in Greek about 180 BC, brought together Jewish 'wisdom' and Homeric-style heroes.

Jesus ben Pandira. A wonder-worker during the reign of Alexander Jannaeus (106-79 BC), one of the most ruthless of the Maccabean kings. Imprudently, this Jesus launched into a career of end-time prophecy and agitation which upset the king. He met his own premature end-time by being hung on a tree – and on the eve of a Passover. Scholars have speculated this Jesus founded the Essene sect.

Jesus ben Ananias. Beginning in 62AD, this Jesus had caused disquiet in Jerusalem with a non-stop doom-laden mantra of ‘Woe to the city’. He prophesied rather vaguely:

"A voice from the east, a voice from the west, a voice from the four winds, a voice against Jerusalem and the holy house, a voice against the bridegrooms and the brides, and a voice against the whole people."

– Josephus,
Wars

Arrested and flogged by the Romans, Jesus ben Ananias was released as nothing more dangerous than a mad man. He died during the siege of Jerusalem from a rock hurled by a Roman catapult.

Jesus ben Saphat. In the insurrection of 68AD that wrought havoc in Galilee, this Jesus had led the rebels in Tiberias ("the leader of a seditious tumult of mariners and poor people" – Josephus, Life 12.66). When the city was about to fall to Vespasian’s legionaries he fled north to Tarichea on the Sea of Galilee.

Jesus ben Gamala. During 68/69 AD this Jesus was a leader of the ‘peace party’ in the civil war wrecking Judaea. From the walls of Jerusalem he had remonstrated with the besieging Idumeans (led by ‘James and John, sons of Susa’). It did him no good. When the Idumeans breached the walls he was put to death and his body thrown to the dogs and carrion birds.

Jesus ben Thebuth. A priest who, in the final capitulation of the upper city in 69AD, saved his own skin by surrendering the treasures of the Temple, which included two holy candlesticks, goblets of pure gold, sacred curtains and robes of the high priests. The booty figured prominently in the Triumph held for Vespasian and his son Titus.

John Lennon said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus, but hey, I just thought that was an arrogant thing to say.

• Like 1

And it beats me why he consistently refused to accept the captaincy of his own ship, preferring instead to stay on the Enterprise as Picards First Officer.

Any red-blooded male would jump at the chance to have their own command..

He wanted to be Captain of the Flag of the Fleet (the Enterprise). I'd have stuck as the little British Frenchman's 2iC as well if he was likely to pop off this mortal coil and leave me in the big seat too.

I like how in the books he finally matured and accepted the captaincy of a new ship.

After all he could do stuff that was almost as good as David Blaine's stunts, although DB has yet to bring a corpse back to life.

The bottom line is, should we believe Jesus when he said stuff like this?-

spock-eyebrowB.gif

We are trying to discuss seriously here, Crikey.

We all may not agree (ever) but we won't resort to fantasy.

• Like 2

Guys, guys, let's not derail this thread by turning it into a religious debate, either start a new thread or nominate a discussion forum somewhere and i'll meet you there to bust your asses..;)

As a demon once said through the mouth of its victim to warn its mates in a demon-infested forum-

"Crikey's a tough nut to crack folks, don't mess with that one"

way-madmaxD.gif

It's YOU who is turning this thread into bull.

"As a demon once said"

That's what I mean. You are in the wrong forum.

You are close to being a nut.

We can crack you like we can crack an egg.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Daemon of Ignorance perhaps?

Carl Sagan wrote about the daemon infested world, and how science is a light in the dark of ignorance. Brilliant book IMO.

• Like 1

either start a new thread or nominate a discussion forum somewhere and i'll meet you there to bust your asses..

As a demon once said through the mouth of its victim to warn its mates in a demon-infested forum-

Forums dont half attract them dont they?

A: "either start a new thread" ....Yes thats a good idea, go and make your own post somewhere else and we shall see if we get involved with it?

B: "As a demon once said "..... Do you know what connects demons with mor-ons? (those from the planet, 'MOR' that is?)

C: "Crikey's a tough nut".. yeh I can tell from your choice of forum name. 'crikey' hardly sounds tough. But I will agree with you on mention of the word 'nut'

Edited by seeder

Guys, guys, let's not derail this thread by turning it into a religious debate, either start a new thread or nominate a discussion forum somewhere and i'll meet you there to bust your asses.. ;)

way-madmaxD.gif

LOL, you are not getting near my ass buddy. Not while I am breathing mate.

Im-a-raptor-This-renders-your-argument-invalid.jpeg

• Like 3

Guys, guys, let's not derail this thread by turning it into a religious debate, either start a new thread or nominate a discussion forum somewhere and i'll meet you there to bust your asses.. ;)

way-madmaxD.gif

Ok.. which one of you guys left the door unlocked and let another one in....

It had to be you psyche.. you and your twisted sense of humour.. how many times do we have to tell you.. keep that door locked.. we have enough nutjobs in here already..

No drinks for you this weekend psyche.. your grounded :P

• Like 4

It had to be you psyche.. you and your twisted sense of humour.. how many times do we have to tell you.. keep that door locked.. we have enough nutjobs in here already..

OK, I officially cracked up completely. That was hilarious, DL :tu:

Cheers,

Badeskov

So now youre almost getting into zosers mind frame, by assuming a theory is a fact. Did he really exist?

And the bits you quoted were no doubt from the King James bible, which was rewritten/moderated until it pleased King James, you need to study original texts to know for sure what the original bible actually says..

"Did Jesus Exist? is a 1975 book written by the modern German historian George Albert Wells who speculated on the evidence of Jesus Christ. Wells argues there was no historical evidence of Jesus existing.[1][2] A revised second edition was published in 1986. Wells' views were criticized by the James D.G. Dunn in his book The Evidence for Jesus.[3] Wells has since modified his position, saying that Paul's Jesus and the Jesus that appeared in the hypothetical Q Gospel were two different people and that the Gospel Jesus, although flesh and blood, is in essence a composite character."

http://en.wikipedia....id_Jesus_Exist?

But anyway.. see this link and read some bits that may grab your attention

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=did+jesus+exist

So if G*D made man from Adams rib...why does the fossil record show we evolved?

oh no, please, not atheist evangelism now as well. Please can we keep that in Spirituality & Skepticism where it belongs.

• Like 1

Damn! I left that bloody thing open again?

I hope the dog did not get out tis time.

Ohh, that's cold man, I am going to have the shakes all weekend. Lucky about the cistern stash.......

I cannot help it. They seem to follow me. Like this.

250px-Pied_Piper2.jpg

What am I supposed to do? They just love me. Can't seem to get enough of me. I have to succumb to my public........

Edited by psyche101

oh no, please, not atheist evangelism now as well. Please can we keep that in Spirituality & Skepticism where it belongs.

Hey man, Crikey said Jesus is an Alien. What you gonna do? Are aliens spiritual?

and besides, we know that alien space Jesus travels theough space and time in a police box.

Hey man, Crikey said Jesus is an Alien. What you gonna do? Are aliens spiritual?

Surely that doesn't have to be grounds for explaining in great length how Experts have proven that Jesus didn't exist, is it? Can't religious (or anti-religious) bias be kept out of it?

and besides, we know that alien space Jesus travels theough space and time in a police box.

I thought he lived in Southpark, and hung out with Santa every now and then?

315_santa_jesus.gif

Photographic Proof.

• Like 1