Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

Alphamale06

I see, Seeder.

But AA's could have visited and *not* built the eddifices in question.

Of course, according to the show Ancient Aliens, the AA"s did have their hand into helping our ancestors build the pyramids etc.

To me, it is just to much of a coincidence to see these great achievments done with similar construction designs, all over the world,

and then suddenly, the construction stops.

very strange.

Buggy whips.

Everybody used them. Great manufactorys churned them out. Suddenly they all stopped. Why? Science can't explain it!

• Like 2

Buggy whips.

Everybody used them. Great manufactorys churned them out. Suddenly they all stopped. Why? Science can't explain it!

hehe :tu:

and clackers! EVERYONE I knew had some, I think the craze went round the world too. Now what happened to them?

damn these mysterious world catastrophes that make us lose our knowledge

Edited by seeder

Personally I prefer loads of text, ie taking time to explain or discuss something - rather than refer folk to vids or pics in the hope they too will get inspired and believe it. And I expect some of the other guys around here, as you say, know 'my liking' for fact checking of sources. If people didn't verify sources, good heavens we'd all be believing in all kinds of stories and general gobbledygook wouldn't we?

I think mcrom was probably being somewhat tongue in cheek by bringing it up in the first place.

I think mcrom was probably being somewhat tongue in cheek by bringing it up in the first place.

well I shall have to take your word for it then and if so - take it back too. You get to know how regular posters think, perhaps anyway, but Ive not conversed with him much, if at all - before. Never-mind then.

hehe :tu:

and clackers! EVERYONE I knew had some, I think the craze went round the world too. Now what happened to them?

damn these mysterious world catastrophes that make us lose our knowledge

Y'know, I just saw a picture of somebody with some of those the other day and wondered if they weren't making a comeback.

Edited by Oniomancer
  • Like 1

And why did they build such crappy masonry? If they could slice rocks like a knife through clay, why do their walls look like this:

richard-i-anson-section-of-an-ancient-rock-wall-showing-the-inca-s-incredible-skills-at-stone-masonry-peru.jpg

You have big rocks, little rocks, crooked rocks, thin rocks, rocks with corners missing, horizontal joints that aren't even close to level, vertical joints that are crooked, and rocks that are obviously filler. It looks more like a bunch of humans simply carved whatever rocks they could find to fit each other as best as they could.

It's too bad they didn't hang around so we could teach them about our space age reinforced concrete.

It doesn't take a genius to realise that whoever built that was different to the builders of Sacsayhuaman and the precision polygonal walls in Cuzco.

Nothing more to say apart from the Inca built the cruder rubble and adobe walls.

Who was responsible for the precision work we do not know.

Edited by zoser

All I asked a dozen pages back was what are these strange marks on the stones on the wall that Brien is walking past.

I remarked that they are totally consistent with moulding soft material.

Since then there has been nothing but shouting and ranting.

No convincing argument has been put forward to say otherwise.

Abe's chemical theory is the most convincing but has more holes in it than a string vest.

No chemical has ever been known to soften quartz based rock to allow it to be stamped, scraped, trimmed and pointed.

So looks like we have moulded stone that was softened by some unknown technology.

That explains the precision, the mould marks externally and the step sinking in effect observable from the dismantled walls.

Gemara found something unique. Just because no machinery has been found that does not mean that the theory is not sound. The evidence still fits regardless.

All I asked a dozen pages back was what are these strange marks on the stones on the wall that Brien is walking past.

I remarked that they are totally consistent with moulding soft material.

Since then there has been nothing but shouting and ranting.

No convincing argument has been put forward to say otherwise.

Abe's chemical theory is the most convincing but has more holes in it than a string vest.

No chemical has ever been known to soften quartz based rock to allow it to be stamped, scraped, trimmed and pointed.

.. um, neither has any Alien technology been known to do so.

• Like 1

man stopped building megalithic structures with monolithic boulders because they "discovered" concrete/cement.

Then they relied on "tools" and machines that don't work well with megalithic/monolithic materials.

Man also discovered what every person who has built a dry stone wall has discovered: you don't need that much precision to build stable stone walls.

In fact tight joints like that work against the integrity of a retaining wall because moisture that collects behind the wall will create pressure and undermine it. In one wall at Cuzco there were signs that ice had been getting into the horizontal spaces between the stones and moving them around. Fortunately Cuzco is a dry place (only 27 inches of rain per year) and that has allowed this kind of masonry to survive without collapsing.

The book I'm using right now is Charles Long's Backyard Stonebuilder. The best book I have that explains the basics of cutting stone is Charles Raven's Stonework Techniques and Projects. It shows you how to use a chisel to split stone without turning it into rubble. Of course this works best for softer stones like limestone and not so well for the basalt that's available around here.

• Like 1

Man also discovered what every person who has built a dry stone wall has discovered: you don't need that much precision to build stable stone walls.

In fact tight joints like that work against the integrity of a retaining wall because moisture that collects behind the wall will create pressure and undermine it. In one wall at Cuzco there were signs that ice had been getting into the horizontal spaces between the stones and moving them around. Fortunately Cuzco is a dry place (only 27 inches of rain per year) and that has allowed this kind of masonry to survive without collapsing.

The book I'm using right now is Charles Long's Backyard Stonebuilder. The best book I have that explains the basics of cutting stone is Charles Raven's Stonework Techniques and Projects. It shows you how to use a chisel to split stone without turning it into rubble. Of course this works best for softer stones like limestone and not so well for the basalt that's available around here.

Tip of the hat to ya and much appreciated ....

So looks like we have moulded stone that was softened by some unknown technology.

Or carved stone that was cut by simple and well-known technology that you aren't willing to learn about.

Do you always choose the most ridiculous theory to entertain us?

• Like 1

Ice? in Peru? Madness!

Most of the videos I've seen where they did that in hardstone, they drilled pilot holes along the line first. In the old days, they would've used a simple hand-struck stone drill for that, like a mason's star drill. alternatively, you'd probably have to score it deeply with the chisel.

Edited by Oniomancer

:tu:

And following on nicely from this post, WHATS A REALLY INTERESTING THING TO THINK ABOUT?

when bricks, as we know today..were actually invented?

Lets see:

"The earliest bricks were dried brick, meaning they were formed from clay-bearing earth or mud and dried (usually in the sun) until they were strong enough for use. The oldest discovered bricks, originally made from shaped mud and dating to before 7500 BC, were found at Tell Aswad, in the upper Tigris region and in southeast Anatolia close to Diyarbakir.[2] Other more recent findings, dated between 7,000 and 6,395 BC, come from Jericho, Catal Hüyük, and the ancient Indus Valley cities of Buhen, Mohenjo-daro, Harappa,[3] and Mehrgarh.[4]

The ancient Jetavanaramaya stupa in Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka is one of the largest brick structures in the world.

and in China

In pre-modern China, brick-making was the job of a lowly and unskilled artisan, but a kiln master was respected as a step above the former.[6] Early traces of bricks were found in a ruin site in Xi'an in 2009 dated back about 3800 years ago. Before this discovery, it is widely believed that bricks appeared about 3000 years ago in the Western Zhou dynasty since the earliest bricks were found in Western Zhou ruins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick

So Puma Punku has a date of 500 AD, but bricks were actually widely in use .... thousands of years before.

How come the Aliens didn't know that and made those poor Peruvians drag huge blocks about?

ANSWER: There were no damned Aliens. And the Peruvian Indians were BEHIND THE REST OF THE WORLD....in building tech, not ahead of the rest.

But they did an interesting job thats for sure. I will never say PP isnt intriguing.

And while reading that wiki page...take a look at this ancient brick structure

The Jetavanaramaya

800px-Jetavanaramaya_2.jpg

and like The Parthenon it was built long before PP

"The structure is significant in world history as one of the tallest structures in the ancient world. The height of the stupa is 400 feet (122 m)[citation needed] and was the tallest ancient stupa in the world, the structure is no longer the tallest however it is the largest with a volume of 233,000 m2 (2,508,000 sq ft).

At the time of its completion the structure was the third tallest structure in the world behind the Great Pyramids of Giza.[2] Approximately 93.3 million baked bricks were used in its construction; the engineering ingenuity behind the construction of the structure is a significant development in the history of the island. The sectarian differences between the Buddhist monks also are represented by the stupa as it was built on the premises of the destroyed Mahavihara, which led to a rebellion by a minister of king Mahasena.

This stupa belongs to the Sagalika sect. The compound covers approximately 5.6 hectares and is estimated to have housed 10,000 Buddhist monks. One side of the stupa is 576 ft (176 m) long, and the flights of stairs at each of the four sides of it are 28 ft (9 m) wide. The doorpost to the shrine, which is situated in the courtyard, is 27 ft (8 m) high. The stupa has a 8.5 m (28 ft) deep foundation, and sits on bedrock. Stone inscriptions in the courtyard give the names of people who donated to the building effort.

http://en.wikipedia..../Jetavanaramaya

See what joys were all over the world in ancient times? And note the technology available...long before PP?

When will the penny drop zoser?

Edited by seeder

More evidence of construction using soft stone.

Notice the bulging outwards. Entirely consistent with a heavy weight above something in a soft condition.

Were the stones made this way? I doubt it when we see what precision they were capable of.

zoser36_zpsab07bab6.jpg

And while reading that wiki page...take a look at this brick structure

and like The Parthenon it was built (of bricks) long before PP

See what joys were all over the world in ancient times? And note the technology available...long before PP?

When will the penny drop zoser?

Slight problem. Show me the precision joins using megalithic stone. That's where the hi tech comes in.

Any old Johnny could put together a construction using much smaller blocks filled in with mortar or where precision didn't matter.

That's why modern constructions in granite use mortar. It hides a multitude of sins.

Nothing rivals the ancient precision. Simple.

.. um, neither has any Alien technology been known to do so.

Then your alternative argument is eagerly awaited.

Until then; the AA hypothesis cannot be argued against.

The only objections are philosophical. There is no evidence against.

Man has not replicated the precision. Gamarra's hypothesis fits all the pictorial evidence.

Looks pretty strong I would say.

Slight problem. Show me the precision joins using megalithic stone.

Domes, and arches, that existed LONG before PP, require 'extreme precision and engineering understanding'

But you're just bear baiting now, aren't you?

and if you're not mentioning aliens why keep posting on the AA thread?

Edited by seeder

Of course this works best for softer stones like limestone and not so well for the basalt that's available around here.

Or Andesite. That's a shame since the precision walls in Peru were made out of it. Ah well back to the AA theory.

Domes, and arches, that existed LONG before PP, require 'extreme precision and engineering understanding'

and if you're not mentioning aliens why keep posting on the AA thread?

Aliens.

Show me the precision to rival the ancient work in Peru.

That's all I ask. Mud bricks ain't gonna do it and you know it.

I thought the idea of the thread was an exchange of views either in support or against a hypothesis.?

Aliens.

trolling... :td:

Aliens.

I showed you, but you conveniently forgot about it, Zoser.

And it was about just such a dome, long before anything PP.

2318437506_d88d727908_z.jpg?zz=1

One of the best preserved Roman buildings, The Pantheon in Rome was built in 126 AD as a temple for all the Roman gods. The temple has served as a Roman Catholic Church since the 7th century. The Pantheon consists of a large circular portico with three ranks of huge granite Corinthian columns. The portico opens into a rotunda which is topped with a concrete dome with a central opening: the oculus.

You know, those 60 tons weighing granite pillars the Romans dragged for a 100 kilometers through Egypt, and then transported to Rome by ship, and then again 700 meters of dragging.

http://www.unexplain...95#entry4618093

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

I showed you, but you conveniently forgot about it, Zoser.

And it was about just such a dome, long before anything PP.

Where do we see megalithic blocks of granite fitted together with high precision in that picture?

What I see is highly ornate and artistic.

I don't see unexplained high precision megalithic work.

Maybe you could supply photos?

Edited by zoser