Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

Alphamale06

It is. It would have been highly traumatic and more vivid than the creation of the site. Think about it.

I have thought about it, and the date of its construction is not anything near what you love to believe.

Yep, it would have been highly traumatic to the people living in the PP area, but maybe not to people living further away, and therefore did not have any legends about it.

Like I said before: earthquakes happen almost every day in western South America.

Anyway nothing personal to anyone.

I am merely taking a position against those who arrogantly think that all of the ancient past can be wrapped up and explained by a few spears, wars, copper chisels and pounders.

The AA hypothesis was set in motion most probably by Von Daniken and 50 years later it is as strong as ever.

For good reason too.

There are no recovered space ships in the ground, stone melting machines, or any other technology to prove the point emphatically. There may have been and who knows what is sitting deep beneath the vaults of the Vatican or any other national museum that the peasants of this world are denied access to?

Despite this we have relics that will not perish. At least in our lifetime God willing.

They remain the elephant in the room. The folklore, religious writings, and art are the icing on the cake.

I have enjoyed the thread, and provided I have time to research more material I would like to keep it going.

Just short personal position.

With that I bid you gentleman a good night.

Zoser

What are you talking about? His 'theory' was never strong even when he first made it.

Or fringe proponents it seems, as common sense would tell us that a blueprint is 99% drawing and doesn't really require writing at all.

How do you suppose they did the drawings?

Don't forget that many of these blocks are replica produced.

Don't tell me. Let me guess. String and chalk?

It is. It would have been highly traumatic and more vivid than the creation of the site. Think about it.

The same way the traumatic destruction of Pompeii and Herculanium lived on? So much so that the places themselves were completely forgotten in 1500 years and the event remembered only from a bare handful of accounts?

As to the validity of popular folk accounts in general with relation to disasters, one may cite Mr's O'leary's celebrated cow.

I have thought about it, and the date of its construction is not anything near what you love to believe.

Yep, it would have been highly traumatic to the people living in the PP area, but maybe not to people living further away, and therefore did not have any legends about it.

Like I said before: earthquakes happen almost every day in western South America.

No ordinary earthquake produced that kind of disaster and you know it.

Fragments from that area can be found a mile away or more.

According to visitors to the area fragments of those blocks are scattered about like seeds.

It was a major event. Look at pictures of the site.

Earthquake?

An extremely severe one, or more likely a flood of biblical proportions.

People would have know about that in NewYork never mind a dozen miles away.

Edited by zoser

The same way the traumatic destruction of Pompeii and Herculanium lived on? So much so that the places themselves were completely forgotten in 1500 years and the event remembered only from a bare handful of accounts?

As to the validity of popular folk accounts in general with relation to disasters, one may cite Mr's O'leary's celebrated cow.

That no one recalls the build or the demise is too fantastic to be credible.

Sorry but it just is the case.

Some wag would surely have some story or legend.

Yet there is nothing.

How do you suppose they did the drawings?

There's this stuff called dirt. I gather it's been around awhile.

Don't forget that many of these blocks are replica produced.

Don't tell me. Let me guess. String and chalk?

We know this how? And yes, if it's good enough to build a barn with, why not a stone temple?

There's this stuff called dirt. I gather it's been around awhile.

We know this how? And yes, if it's good enough to build a barn with, why not a stone temple?

Good enough to do accurate designs with?

Sounds like science fiction to me.

Also Mr O is there a precedent anywhere in history for Indians producing architecture to the precision?

I'll let you have a chew on that for a while.

That no one recalls the build or the demise is too fantastic to be credible.

Sorry but it just is the case.

Some wag would surely have some story or legend.

Yet there is nothing.

Assuming soooo many things, including the absence of said legends.

http://go.webassistant.com/wa/upload/users/u1001206/pages/2309-926415931X45FyXaC80l/puma.htm#MYTHOLOGY

No ordinary earthquake produced that kind of disaster and you know it.

Fragments from that area can be found a mile away or more.

According to visitors to the area fragments of those blocks are scattered about like seeds.

It was a major event. Look at pictures of the site.

Earthquake?

An extremely severe one, or more likely a flood of biblical proportions.

People would have know about that in NewYork never mind a dozen miles away.

What size fragments? When we had that "100 year flood" here in New York a couple years ago, it pulled a 10 by 2 foot concrete footer out of a local trail bridge and rolled it 40 feet downstream, and that's just on a small creek just a bit bigger than you could jump across.

What size fragments? When we had that "100 year flood" here in New York a couple years ago, it pulled a 10 by 2 foot concrete footer out of a local trail bridge and rolled it 40 feet downstream, and that's just on a small creek just a bit bigger than you could jump across.

That's the point I'm making.

Severe demolition requires a severe catastrophe.

It would have been indelibly written into the folklore.

Yet nothing.

Assuming soooo many things, including the absence of said legends.

http://go.webassistant.com/wa/upload/users/u1001206/pages/2309-926415931X45FyXaC80l/puma.htm#MYTHOLOGY

Not sure about the relevance of this post Mr O.

It reads like a children's war story.

No one is going to read that and come away with a clear idea of what PP was for or who built it.

Almost excruciating to read it; very little insight but mountains of assumption.

Is that what I was meant to get out of it?

I'm never quite sure with some posts.

Edited by zoser

Almost excruciating to read it; very little insight but mountains of assumption.

:w00t:

• Like 2

Good enough to do accurate designs with?

Sounds like science fiction to me.

Also Mr O is there a precedent anywhere in history for Indians producing architecture to the precision?

I'll let you have a chew on that for a while.

Ever heard of a plumb bob? Know what it's used for and how? I'm sure there are many fine heritage museums devoted to early craftsman and the like in GB, and many fine books on the subject published and sold there. You really should avail yourself of some of them.

That's the point I'm making.

Severe demolition requires a severe catastrophe.

It would have been indelibly written into the folklore.

Yet nothing.

That's funny, because that's exactly the opposite of the point I made there. It doesn't take a catastrophe to displace large objects, just a minor disaster.

Edit: and highly localized at that.

Edited by Oniomancer
  • Like 1

Not sure about the relevance of this post Mr O.

It reads like a children's war story.

No one is going to read that and come away with a clear idea of what PP was for or who built it.

Is that what I was meant to get out of it?

I'm never quite sure with some posts.

Sometimes history is like that. Suffice it to say the rumors of a people with no memory of their past are greatly exaggerated.

That's funny, because that's exactly the opposite of the point I made there. It doesn't take a catastrophe to displace large objects, just a minor disaster.

Edit: and highly localized at that.

Not just displaced. Shattered. Blocks weighing hundreds of tonnes !

That's no minor localised incident.

The spin you guys put on things is unbelievable.

One thing that all investigators agree on is that PP was destroyed by some devastating cataclysm.

One team of Russian archaeologists suggested a nuclear event.

Since they are archaeologists I would have my suspicions but the scale of the destruction is unarguable.

No minor event. Look at the images for yourselves.

Sometimes history is like that. Suffice it to say the rumors of a people with no memory of their past are greatly exaggerated.

You talk in riddles Mr O.

I can only guess at your meaning which on this occasion I take to mean that it is unlikely for tribal people to have little memory of their past since their culture is folklore based.

I whole heatedly agree which is why I disagreed with Abe.

The Aymara should have recalled the construction of PP and mor importantly it's destruction.

The fact that they have no recollection is debunks the Aymara theory.

Well done Mr O.

Technology acquired from where?

Technology learned of many years of practice..

Why was it lost?

that has been explained to you time and time again each time you bring this up.. go back and reread..

How did mankind go from living in caves to producing megalithic precision stonework?

you make it sound like man had stepped out of the cave one day and built PP etc the following.. seriously.. you really need to actually look at timeframes of man before you open your mouth..

With what means?

been answered..

With what tools

again been answered.. and with pics of the tools themselves found at the sites

and for what purpose?

answered again..

With absolutely no substantiation whatsoever of how the feats were accomplished.

wrong.. again.. this has been answered.. your just to stupid to admit it..

If you are happy with that then fine, but please do not claim that the position is supportable or scientific.

yet you can post up pseudo science and call it supportable and scientific.. please.. give me a break..

It just is not.

yes.. ours is.. because it has fact.. proof and proper scientific studies behind it.. what does yours have? just pure speculation with no proof at all..

Humans may have well have been there but we have totally zero evidence that they created these artefacts.

again wrong.. go back to the start.. and actually read what has been posted..

High technological feats require high technology.

wrong.. this was not a high technological feat (for us that is for them yes) that was done using basic tools and maths.

Not copper tools or dolomite pounders.

again.. wrong..

I agree.

It's time they looked at all the evidence and stopped clinging to outdated puerile mainstream beliefs.

I think it might be more to the fact that we keep trying to explain things to you.. and you doing the ducking and weaving when our evidence gets to much for you.. that you have to cut and run the discussion.. ..

outdated and puerile.. heh.. I would rather outdated and puerile science over psudeo and juvenile science

Slight problem.

Not everyone shares your confidence with dating PP.

[media=]

[/media]

http://ancientaliens...4/puma-punku-2/

Oh and it wasn't built by the Aymara either.

Again dozens and dozens of sources will dispute the classic mainstream dating.

You can only argue on what is undisputed. The dating of PP, The Trilithons, The precision artefacts in Peru are all hotly disputed.

Sorry.

though.. have you really looked at the dozens and dozens of sources .. all seem to stem from one or two sources..

then you have hundreds and hundreds of sources on dating PP etc.. stemming from dozens and dozens of sources..

and they are not really hotly disputed.. hotly disputed would be.. scientific papers being tabled.. lectures at major universities.. so on and so forth.. have not seen either of those.. so please.. forget your puerile attempts of saying all this is hotly disputed..

Not just displaced. Shattered. Blocks weighing hundreds of tonnes !

That's no minor localised incident.

The spin you guys put on things is unbelievable.

One thing that all investigators agree on is that PP was destroyed by some devastating cataclysm.

One team of Russian archaeologists suggested a nuclear event.

Since they are archaeologists I would have my suspicions but the scale of the destruction is unarguable.

No minor event. Look at the images for yourselves.

Archealogists (albeit Russian ones, who can be a bit imaginative) are suggesting a nuclear explosion, but you doubt that because they're archeologists? I'd have thought you'd have leapt on it as proof that Pumu Punka was another nuclear power plant like the Pyramids, albeit in this case perhaps one run in a similar fashion to Chernobyl.

Technology learned of many years of practice..

that has been explained to you time and time again each time you bring this up.. go back and reread..

you make it sound like man had stepped out of the cave one day and built PP etc the following.. seriously.. you really need to actually look at timeframes of man before you open your mouth..

been answered..

again been answered.. and with pics of the tools themselves found at the sites

answered again..

wrong.. again.. this has been answered.. your just to stupid to admit it..

yet you can post up pseudo science and call it supportable and scientific.. please.. give me a break..

yes.. ours is.. because it has fact.. proof and proper scientific studies behind it.. what does yours have? just pure speculation with no proof at all..

again wrong.. go back to the start.. and actually read what has been posted..

wrong.. this was not a high technological feat (for us that is for them yes) that was done using basic tools and maths.

again.. wrong..

I think it might be more to the fact that we keep trying to explain things to you.. and you doing the ducking and weaving when our evidence gets to much for you.. that you have to cut and run the discussion.. ..

outdated and puerile.. heh.. I would rather outdated and puerile science over psudeo and juvenile science

though.. have you really looked at the dozens and dozens of sources .. all seem to stem from one or two sources..

then you have hundreds and hundreds of sources on dating PP etc.. stemming from dozens and dozens of sources..

and they are not really hotly disputed.. hotly disputed would be.. scientific papers being tabled.. lectures at major universities.. so on and so forth.. have not seen either of those.. so please.. forget your puerile attempts of saying all this is hotly disputed..

Sorry mate.

Loads of people disagree with mainstream dating on PP.

Because it was taken from the remains of tribal people who were wandering the area.

It's all flawed.

The people had no recollection of the construction or demise of the site when the Spanish arrived.

Far more significant than some highly flawed carbon dating.

Also there is no precedent for indians creating precision work in Andesite to that quality.

If there is prove it.

Sorry to put the kibosh on the university findings.

If I were you I would practise some thinking for yourself instead of believing any old pap written by a university.

Edited by zoser

Archealogists (albeit Russian ones, who can be a bit imaginative) are suggesting a nuclear explosion, but you doubt that because they're archeologists? I'd have thought you'd have leapt on it as proof that Pumu Punka was another nuclear power plant like the Pyramids, albeit in this case perhaps one run in a similar fashion to Chernobyl.

Let's just say that there are other ways to discern the truth about ancient remains rather than just reading the party line.

If that's entirely good enough for you then good luck. Some people prefer to think for themselves.

Edited by zoser

If you left this thread alone what might happen is that dozens of others may join in with original ideas and investigations.

Until then they most probably have no wish to be bulldozed by skeptic dead heads religiously plugging the university view that most common sense folk now believe to be nonsense.

I have not allowed any of you to do that. That is why there has been so much kicking and screaming over the last few months.

Sorry but you did ask.

lol.. actually the good thing about this thread is your helping convince others that the AA is a load of tosh..

every time you post up a AA theory.. we post up facts that kinda shows the AA bit is just rubbish.. so in reality zoser.. your actually working against what you believe in ..

• Like 2

Saying of Zoser:

its Zoserism..

so..

what it would be..

Another Zoserism

"Repetition is good for the soul".

lol.. actually the good thing about this thread is your helping convince others that the AA is a load of tosh..

every time you post up a AA theory.. we post up facts that kinda shows the AA bit is just rubbish.. so in reality zoser.. your actually working against what you believe in ..

Very doubtful that the AA hypothesis is doing anything but escalating.

If you had some wit you would know where to look to find out.