Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Still Waters

UK jogger almost dies from a spider bite

11 posts in this topic

A jogger almost died after being bitten by a spider and infected with a deadly bug.

Hannah White, 29, was doing press-ups in her local park when the spider bit her right thigh. Within days, her leg had swollen to twice its normal size.

The condition was caused by a rare flesh-eating bug, which entered her body via the spider bite wound.

Doctors told Miss White she would die unless they removed part of her thigh, which could have left her disabled for life. But, miraculously, she managed to fight off the infection naturally.

Her case follows that of Natalie Hemme, who almost lost an arm when she was bitten by a household spider.

http://www.dailymail...d-infected.html

Spiders...

....... are AMAZING!! It isn't their fault that people get themselves infected :no:

In fact, she didn't actually see what bit her, just as the woman with the swollen arm didn't!! And yet everyone is blaming spiders, and house spiders in particular! Crazy!!

Edited by ouija ouija

I was shocked when I read what happened to her.

Risking getting disabled by a bug bite when she was training for fitness.

It's a very good thing she recovered.

Oh my......

More spider stuff. Bring back the naked crazies eating peoples faces. I think I'd rather deal with that than spiders. lol

1 person likes this

Oh my......

More spider stuff. Bring back the naked crazies eating peoples faces. I think I'd rather deal with that than spiders. lol

NO! NO! NO! It is NOT 'more spider stuff'!! Neither of these women actually saw what bit them. (Sorry for shouting, but I have to stick up for my spider family as they are not able to do so themselves :) )

1 person likes this

Oh my......

Hahahaha!! I have to agree, that was pretty entertaining... in a sick way but, entertaining, none the less!!

Makes us forget some of the common terrors living closely amongst us in the shadows waiting to infect us with whatever funky germs they have.... :P

I'm going to vacuum now.

1 person likes this

Yeah another reason why to hate/fear spiders. |: This does nol help my arachnophobia.

Hahahaha!! I have to agree, that was pretty entertaining... in a sick way but, entertaining, none the less!!

Makes us forget some of the common terrors living closely amongst us in the shadows waiting to infect us with whatever funky germs they have.... :P

I'm going to vacuum now.

Hahaha, That is true, it does make normal day horrors less scary when there is really freaky things happening.

NO! NO! NO! It is NOT 'more spider stuff'!! Neither of these women actually saw what bit them. (Sorry for shouting, but I have to stick up for my spider family as they are not able to do so themselves :) )

Hahaha, fair enough then. Maybe it was naked crazy spiders?

Hahaha, That is true, it does make normal day horrors less scary when there is really freaky things happening.

Hahaha, fair enough then. Maybe it was naked crazy spiders?

Are you suggesting that they were aiming to chew her face off, missed and got her butt instead? :w00t:

Are you suggesting that they were aiming to chew her face off, missed and got her butt instead? :w00t:

YES!!!!!!! LOL