Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need help identifying small man like creature

karingal

Ok, a bike trail......

I think it was one of these dudes.....Need the clothing details though, but I think I found the culprit.....

• Like 2

thank you - but you quoted me before i fixed my typos!! gak!

What typos? ;)

I see no typos in my reply from you :)

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

wouldn't those be considered areolae?

I guess it really depends. since there seems to be no distinct nipple inside the star, I say that the star is the nipple and the surrounding circle would be the areolae. But I can see it being open to interpretation. 1000 points for using "areolae" in a sentence btw..

Sakari is correct...

:nw:

• Like 2

I guess it really depends. since there seems to be no distinct nipple inside the star, I say that the star is the nipple and the surrounding circle would be the areolae. But I can see it being open to interpretation. 1000 points for using "areolae" in a sentence btw..

Sakari is correct...

:nw:

well i can't take the entire 1000 because i actually didn't know the plural of areola and i spelled it wrong the first time. went back and corrected it but sakari quoted my post before i had a chance. so i'm busted. so i confess and return to you 400 points just to keep my head up

• Like 1

well i can't take the entire 1000 because i actually didn't know the plural of areola and i spelled it wrong the first time. went back and corrected it but sakari quoted my post before i had a chance. so i'm busted. so i confess and return to you 400 points just to keep my head up

I'm a teacher - I never grade on spelling unless I am specifically assessing it. Keep your 400 points and your pride too.

• Like 1

Jgirl,

You are mistaken, look at my quote from you, I see nothing wrong in it at all ;)

• Like 1

A midget or child kneeling maybe?

Or this guy:

81888404.jpg

Edited by DKO
  • Like 2

we do not know what it was wearing, or are you refering to the husband who saw it? cycle shorts I would imagine.

Did you even see it?

Hi all! I'm new here and really need your help. I've been searching the web looking for answers and it lead me here. Am hoping maybe you'll be able to shed some light on this for me or rather us (my husband and I). This is not a hoax and was a genuinely scary experience at the time. A few years back when we were living on the Isle of Wight in the UK my husband (who incidentally is completely sane, 40 years old and practices numerous martial arts) came home after cycling home from work in a state of blind panic. He'd been coming home in the early evening (so it wasn't completely dark yet) along a cycle track that runs through the woods when from a distance of about 50 metres he'd seen something standing by the edge of the track. He says he first started to slow down but as he got closer he saw that the "person" was no higher than the wheel of his bike. As he went past he got a very good look at the person. He described them as definitely male with short hair, very dark skin, a overly wide set jaw, extremely broad shoulder, long arms and big hands. The "person" had looked up at him as he cycled past and my husband says it's eyes almost glowed from within (ie it was not the effect of moonlight like when a car drives past a cat or dog. Also my husbands bike did not have lights). He said that he was gripped by an extreme fear and something in his instincts told him not to stop, that he wouldn't stand a chance, even though the person was smaller than him and he was capable of fighting in a normal situation. He says he's never cycled so ast in his life and I remember what a state he was in when he got home. All this time I've been on and off trying to find out what it could have perhaps been that he saw that night but so far I've hit a dead end. I just wanted to ask....have you ever heard of anyone seeing anything similar? We've talked about this at length and been through all the opions of "could it have been a very small human/other forest animal/ trick of the light? but he's convinced that it was not human in the conventional sense of the word and also that it did not mean well. Do you have any explanation or is my husband a bit do-lally?

Yes, there is a good explanation. I'm putting this in the Dogman Experiences Database because of the 'glowing eyes' account. Thanks for sharing. Were the eyes a yellow hue by any chance?

Yes, there is a good explanation.

Hyrax imitating a midget now?
  • Like 1

isn't that a teletubbie without the screen in his belly?

It appears to be a grown man wearing a teletubbie costume and he looks like he would sneak into my room while I was sleeping and stab me while laughing hysterically! Scary.

• Like 2

Did you even see it?

No, hence I used the word "imagine". :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

How very strange that I would stumble across this post! I however can provide answers to your husbands little problem (no pun intended). I may even be able to upload a video of your husbands encounter! can you provide a date and time? Makes searching footage alot easier.

I would guess his "encounter" either happened on the Cowes or East Cowes cycle track..? More than likely on the Cowes side, just across the first bridge (heading towards Newport) before you reach Stag Lane/Dodner, a favoured spot.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Would your husband like to meet this "small man like creature" again is the question?

If the answer is yes, then he needs to do the following:

Head into Newport on a Saturday night and visit either Yates Wine bar or Lloyds bar, ther he will most certainly find the "creature", sat on a bar stall cracking jokes with a pint of fosters in his hand! You have to love Big Ron!

Over the past couple of years we have used Rons stature to the best of its comical ability, we spent ALOT of time on both the Cowes and East Cowes cycle tracks filming peoples reactions to "finding" a "small man like creature" down a dark "spooky" track. To this day I still can't comprehend the reactions of some people. Ron (all 3 and a 1/2ft of him) is an average looking guy, he has a friendly face and a warm smile. He is very small yes but I can't understand how people become scared of seeing somebody who isn't of a "normal" out in the dark by himself.

This post has inspired me to finish editing our documentary!! Your husband may be included ;).. I will post a link on here when it is finished.

Got to love the Isle of Wight ^_-........... Maybe I can get Ron a spot at this years Festival...? After all he does gets me into the disabled camp side at the Bestival! ........... "Whos this on the line-up after Kings of Leon, "Small man like creature", ******* hell never heard of them before"

Peace out /Nath

• Like 1

I don't know if I can bring myself to show this to Ron tomorrow! He will either burst into tears of laughter or be heart-broken that hes being called an "it"... You never know he might even add a picture and a response haha!

/Nath

• 3 months later...

I could be wrong here but I believe Orang Pendek is usually reported as a 'midget version of bigfoot'.

They said "Orang Pendek (Short People) :P

I thought of the black eyed childern, small human like demonic creatures. The size of a child but when seen closer look older. But I don't think the eyes would glow, they are supposed to be empty, blackness. But that is in light, who knows what they would look like in the darkness. ...maybe too large though. I'm guessing demon.

ha just sum drawf smart ass sounds like the movie jackass did your hubby happen to see the film truck and sum diaper wearing fat guy ?

• 4 weeks later...

What martial art does he do? Some of them involve meditation and they can leave you open to all sorts of attack - including creatures playing tricks on your mind.

If it's not the martial arts, the exact description of this thing and the feeling he got, sounds like some small kind of demonic creature - and I know they 'don't exist', you can all laugh at me. Don't go down that road at night again, or go with someone. There's a reason no one would go in a forest at night, and why is it called a 'troll trail'? I'd research the troll trail name. If you don't come up with anything helpful, I like to look into things like that. We can email privately. K.