Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robot may explore caves on the Moon

Saru

A robot designed to enter and explore coal mines may soon be heading off to visit caverns on the Moon.

The hole was discovered three years ago when Japanese researchers published images from the satellite SELENE1, but spacecraft orbiting the Moon have been unable to see into its shadowy recesses.

arrow3.gifRead more...

There is caverns on the moon?

fascinating....it could help us understand some of its past, it may not lead to anything, i doubt there was ever any life on the moon, but who knows, we will wait and see.

What scares me with all this trying to find remnants of past life on other planets we know have none now, is discovering there was humans on there who ended up wiping itself out because of wars and distruction of its planet.....we may learn more about ourselves than we care to, because I doubt it will change what some people here want....power.

Edited by freetoroam

Fascinating. We have already explored the Moons surface but the chance to explore the subsurface could teach us much more about the Moon as well as how and where to build a possible future lunar base.

:alien::tu:

where to build a possible future lunar base.

at the monent we are having problems building freindship between different religions, just look at the middle east. can you imagine if they all want a piece of this action?

This could be some of the baby steps needed towards exploring and colonizing Mars. I've seen satellite images of Mars's caverns too, and remember reading somewhere that there might be one of the best places to search for life (as there is some protection from radiation).

^ the oil idea is an interesting point too ^

Dig into the earth, we find oil. Dig into the moon, we find ______.

Wasn't there some nutter posting around here that the moon is really a hollow spacecraft or some such balderdash? Now we can know for sure. :tu:

• Like 1

What, are we running out of cheese?

• Like 2

The cavern seems so huge and might not be made naturally. If this cavern does exists, why did NASA not followup on it during all these years of mapping the moon and or why not sent up a "rover" to search it? Perhaps they were given a mandate not to. Now private companies like the one above can follow their own agenda. Now past astronauts have described how they were being watched by intelligent beings while they were on the moon...mmm. Could this cavern or similar be how intelligent life form have evaded from detection? NASA probably photoshop-ed all these images of cavern entrances before public consumption.

Edited by SLURVE

The cavern seems so huge and might not be made naturally. If this cavern does exists, why did NASA not followup on it during all these years of mapping the moon and or why not sent up a "rover" to search it? Perhaps they were given a mandate not to. Now private companies like the one above can follow their own agenda. Now past astronauts have described how they were being watched by intelligent beings while they were on the moon...mmm. Could this cavern or similar be how intelligent life form have evaded from detection? NASA probably photoshop-ed all these images of cavern entrances before public consumption.

Meanwhile in reality land...the white rabbit appears :sk

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't caves created by water?

This cave on the Moon would be like the 'lave tube' caves found on Earth. Lava flows harden on the surface first, continue to flow in streams underground. The lava eventually flows out of these leaving the empty channels behind. Over time, pieces of the roof will collapse, forming entrances from the surface.

Meanwhile in reality land...the white rabbit appears :sk

Perhaps in reality land, the one you are on, is the center of the universe where the sun revolves around your flat earth...

Edited by SLURVE

Perhaps in reality land, the one you are on, is the center of the universe where the sun revolves around your flat earth...

my reality doesnt involve a massive conspiracy to hide intelligent life on our moon, cough, cough.

Maybe they will find the man in the moon earting cheese. Or find diamonds

fascinating....it could help us understand some of its past, it may not lead to anything, i doubt there was ever any life on the moon, but who knows, we will wait and see.

What scares me with all this trying to find remnants of past life on other planets we know have none now, is discovering there was humans on there who ended up wiping itself out because of wars and distruction of its planet.....we may learn more about ourselves than we care to, because I doubt it will change what some people here want....power.

The Moon was part of the Earth i think or the remains of when the two planets colloided to make Earth

The Moon was part of the Earth i think or the remains of when the two planets colloided to make Earth

yes correct, ish, its is believed that.

Whatever they might find on the moon which could have once lived on Earth, there is one thing for sure, it did not survive on the moon, chances are neither can we, but I am sure some billlion trillion dollar moon complex is being made as we type.

yes correct, ish, its is believed that.

Indeed, that is the prevailing theory.

Whatever they might find on the moon which could have once lived on Earth, there is one thing for sure, it did not survive on the moon, chances are neither can we, but I am sure some billlion trillion dollar moon complex is being made as we type.

And what complex on the moon would that be and where is it hiding? And why have we not noticed the multitude of launches required to facilitate such an endeavor?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Indeed, that is the prevailing theory.

And what complex on the moon would that be and where is it hiding? And why have we not noticed the multitude of launches required to facilitate such an endeavor?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Its obviously not being built on the moon yet, but i do believe billions is and has been spent on trying to find ways of building habitable abodes there. I do not mean for us to live in, but to do more research, be it on the moon or in space.