Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

17-year-old girl slept for 64 days

Still Waters

A Pennsylvania teenager slept for 64 days from Thanksgiving into January -- her longest sleeping episode yet.

Nicole Delien, 17, struggles with a rare sleep disorder called Kleine-Levine, or ‘Sleeping Beauty Syndrome’.

During her sleep spells she will wake up in a confused state for small periods of time to eat and go to the bathroom and then fall back to sleep.

http://www.dailymail...-condition.html

• Like 1

I was wondering how she survived without eating et .That time of the month must be very unpleasant too

• Like 3

I was wondering how she survived without eating et .That time of the month must be very unpleasant too

Sleeping is somewhat in a way similar to hibernation. Everything in the body slows down, so I can imagine that's probably how she survived. But 64 days? That's actually pretty amazing. I wonder if she actually lucid dream a lot or not throughout those 64 days and all the other times she sleep.

That would be strange and unsettling thing to happen, you would miss out on so much. Looking forward to thanksgiving and waking up on valentines day.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree with you all. Sounds like a bad disorder to have. :huh:

I wonder how she going to school? Wonder if mom home schools her. 64 days without a shower eek.

Apparently she woke up for short periods of time to eat, before going back to sleep.

But she got to meet Katy Perry.

Edited by Mnemonix

If I was her father, I'd make everything look post apocalyptic.

When she wakes up I'd urgently say "Darling, the world has changed since you last awoke. It's very dark outside".

I'm a cruel person aren't I?

• Like 2

If I was her father, I'd make everything look post apocalyptic.

When she wakes up I'd urgently say "Darling, the world has changed since you last awoke. It's very dark outside".

I'm a cruel person aren't I?

Not really, I was thinking, pump her full of stimulants and see what happens? :P

Not really, I was thinking, pump her full of stimulants and see what happens? :P

Welp.

That beats my idea.

I saw a documentary on this disorder, another young woman; apparently it's an issue with the pituitary or something but it goers away as they get older.

I'm passed my teen years and there are days when I think I could sleep maybe a week straight.. thank goodness for coffee!

• 2 weeks later...