Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre muppet-like beast discovered

Big Bad Voodoo

It's a human with a form of anencephaly, as I said in another thread. Essentially, this is a deformation in which the braincase doesn't form. What you're seeing hanging behind the head is basically a mess of blood vessels, glial tissue and membranes.

It's a human with a form of anencephaly, as I said in another thread. Essentially, this is a deformation in which the braincase doesn't form. What you're seeing hanging behind the head is basically a mess of blood vessels, glial tissue and membranes.

"The locals tracked it to a nearby lair or nest where they found three more creatures of similar size." it seems as if there could have been a family of them, is this anencephaly genetic?

"The locals tracked it to a nearby lair or nest where they found three more creatures of similar size." it seems as if there could have been a family of them, is this anencephaly genetic?

Er, no. Generally, it's not even survivable, for obvious enough reasons. I'm thinking the claims that they found a nest were added to make a better story.

• Like 1

Er, no. Generally, it's not even survivable, for obvious enough reasons. I'm thinking the claims that they found a nest were added to make a better story.

"The wounded creature attacked one of the shooting party and it was shot dead, the others escaped into the brush"

-------------------------------------

I imagine you are right, it seems strange that there is no major man hunt for the other creatures, not only by the locals, but by scientists from all over the world. And had there been a family of them, then surely they would have been spotted before.

because of this, i am getting the feeling this story has been faked. With all the well made fake stuff being posted everywhere, it would not surprise me if someone has staged this one too.

But it could also be a poor human hiding from the rest of the world because of this horrid deformity.

• Like 2

We have one similar here:

3464069951-big-society-charity-gets-its-funding-axed.jpg

Dum...dum.....duuuuum ^^ lol made me lol

• Like 1

"The wounded creature attacked one of the shooting party and it was shot dead, the others escaped into the brush"

I imagine you are right, it seems strange that there is no major man hunt for the other creatures, not only by the locals, but by scientists from all over the world. And had there been a family of them, then surely they would have been spotted before.

because of this, i am getting the feeling this story has been faked. With all the well made fake stuff being posted everywhere, it would not surprise me if someone has staged this one too.

But it could also be a poor human hiding from the rest of the world because of this horrid deformity.

Couldn't be a human being. As a rule, anencephalics don't ever achieve consciousness, let alone become capable of moving. My guess is that what you're looking at here is a newborn or stillbirth.

Yeah, this is not a legitimate news article. This "beast" is merely a child afflicted with some disease or genetic impairment. I've seen this photo used in previous articles as well. This is a prime example of irresponsible journalism. I despise the person who wrote it.

• Like 1

Couldn't be a human being. As a rule, anencephalics don't ever achieve consciousness, let alone become capable of moving. My guess is that what you're looking at here is a newborn or stillbirth.

poor mother giving birth to that.

Still a human though, ( alledgedly) although not a being.

Edited by freetoroam

• 7 months later...

A couple of children have lived for a few yrs with anencephalia, I can't find any photos of any previous deformities where they have the thing hanging off the back of the head. The photos I found show only halve a head or missing brain no tubes or ropes hanging off the back. Got pictures?

Features are similar , but not the head shape.

A couple of children have lived for a few yrs with anencephalia, I can't find any photos of any previous deformities where they have the thing hanging off the back of the head. The photos I found show only halve a head or missing brain no tubes or ropes hanging off the back. Got pictures?

Features are similar , but not the head shape.

Well, yes and no. There are pictures, but they're of course quite...graphic. And the more I look at the given pictures, I'm kind of leaning towards another sort of neural tube defect (or several at once), although I haven't quite worked out which yet.

Well, yes and no. There are pictures, but they're of course quite...graphic. And the more I look at the given pictures, I'm kind of leaning towards another sort of neural tube defect (or several at once), although I haven't quite worked out which yet.

Yes they are graphic, but it's just so disturbing to look at the way the gloved hand is holding him.

Cant see a umbilical cord and he does seem dirty, plus the knees seem drawn up as well as the mouth hanging open and the eye looks like it's looking at the camera. There is fresh blood but can't see a wound. There's no news on the autopsy and nothing from the hunters which makes me think hoax, but it looks like he's choking it. Just very disturbing no matter what the outcome.

• Like 1

The sad thing is it looks like a small group of a hidiously deformed family were hiding away from the prying eyes of humans, minding their own business searching for food. Once again, what does a man with a gun in his hand do when he comes across something he does not recognise, he shoots it!

I do hope we never get visited by a group of friendly aliens, nature forbid what will happen as they walk out of the spaceship, chances are they would have been blown out of the sky before landing anyway.

Yeah and the sad thing is were not all like that

There was no chase or shooting. The sad story is, some woman in the village gave birth to a dead baby, and this was what the stillborn looked like. The picture was taken not too far after its birth- hence the bloody appearance, and it looks like it still has an umbilical cord in the zoomed out version:

1328327624579.jpg

A sad story, but the child never really 'lived' and felt no pain in all likely hood. I'm sure the mother was grieving though. It may have been seen as a demon or caused by a curse since it was born in such a remote village... but realizing the baby you carried for 9 months is dead and deformed is hard.

• Like 3

Poor little baby. And then to have his picture all over the internet with false information attached. I pray for his soul, for he surely had one.

• 6 months later...