Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Villagers mystified by strange animal

Still Waters

"When I was little, we found a man. He looked like - like, butchered. The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things, strange things. "El Diablo cazador de hombres." Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse. "El cazador trofeo de los hombres" means the demon who makes trophies of men."

Get to da choppa! GO NAOW!

• Like 3

What would a stink badger be doing in Indonesia?

Edited by UFO_Monster

Having a holiday? ;)

Seriously though, man is responsible for the introduction of all sorts of species in different parts of the world. Whenever an animal pops up where it shouldn't be the first thing that comes to mind is the intervention of man.

Also to those asking to see the damage that caused the death of this animal, from only seeing one photograph of the animal I would guess any injury could be on the side of the animal that we cannot see.

• Like 1

They live in Indonesia.

hey live only on western islands of the Malay Archipelago:Sumatra, Java, Borneo and (in the case of thePalawan stink badger) on the Philippine island of Palawan; as well as many other, smaller islands in the region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stink_badger

the only cryprid in my database that comes even anywere close to that cryptid in that area is the veo but it eats ants and is not very hostile

the only cryprid in my database that comes even anywere close to that cryptid in that area is the veo but it eats ants and is not very hostile

If you search for this on Google, you will find that this was reported in August and there is one story on several websites. I believe this to be phony based on this. Although it would be awesome to find some species that lived like this

What an interesting little animal. Too bad it was killed in the process of identifying it. It must have been out of it's range somehow if none of the villagers knew what it was.

Sounds like either a rare species yet to be officially discovered or a result of a crazy experiment that escaped or was let loose to "wreak havoc".

You're all wrong!

Its manbearpig.

You my friend are wrong, it is obviously Pigbearman... ;)