Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ashotep

Pakistan court acquits girl

5 posts in this topic

A defense lawyer says a Pakistani court has acquitted a Christian girl accused of blasphemy over the burning of the Muslim holy book.

Attorney Abdul Hameed says Tuesday's order exonerated his client for lack of evidence and dismissed the charges against her, concluding they were based on heresy and incriminated material that was planted in the girl's possession.

Pakistan court acquits girl in blasphemy case

I wish they would get rid of their blasphemy law. They say a cleric may of planted the evidence on her. Maybe they should bring that cleric up on charges so maybe next time someone want to ruin a kids life they will think twice about it.

4 people like this

Well, although they are Muslim, we Christian's (who supposedly share the same faith, even though don't *quite*) wouldn't consider it blasphemy if one burned a Bible.

We certainly don't share the same religion as far as I'm concerned. If we did, we'd follow the same rules.

1 person likes this

Maybe it would be considered blasphemy but they wouldn't be arrested for it.

Aren't there like a bajillion Korans and Bibles and etc?

I'm not sure if bajillion is accurate, but thought police and thought laws are stupid. I wonder what leglaly could be done to you in pakistan or yemen or suadi arabia if you publicly proclaimed you were an athiest?

That question asked I'll add, it frickin took them long enough. I had forgot about this.

Edited by OverSword