Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
willowdreams

Some help please about 12/21/12 beliefs.

60 posts in this topic

...Secondly it is to be understood but not proven(yet) that this is the same time the earths polarities are switching, keep in mind that in the past this switch has failed and polarities stayed the same.

No actually. The process takes hundreds if not thousands of years to complete and the last reversal happened almost 800,000 years ago. There will be no polarity reversal anytime soon.

Edit: Oops, it helps to provide a reliable source.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012-poleReversal.html

Edited by Likely Guy
1 person likes this

...Thirdly not on that exact date but i think between the 3rd if not the 3rd of december to about the 21st of december, the 3 giza temples(pyramids) will align under its 3 parent stars...

That's not quite accurate either. You're right about the alignment occuring on December 3rd (on that date only) but it's a planetary alignment of Mercury, Venus and Saturn, not 'parent stars'. The pyramids will not align under them either as the planetary alignment will be at too great of an angle.

That, and 'three planets, three pyramids', I say 'big deal'. I could see the alignment over 3 pine trees. It wouldn't mean anything. Some sites also suggest that this happens 'only once every 2,737 years' which is untrue, the last time these three planets align was in 2005.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2012/08/20/planetary-alignment-pyramid-scheme/

Your first point however, I whole heartedly agree with. :)

Edited by Likely Guy
1 person likes this

That's not quite accurate either. You're right about the alignment occuring on December 3rd (on that date only) but it's a planetary alignment of Mercury, Venus and Saturn, not 'parent stars'. The pyramids will not align under them either as the planetary alignment will be at too great of an angle.

That, and 'three planets, three pyramids', I say 'big deal'. I could see the alignment over 3 pine trees. It wouldn't mean anything. Some sites also suggest that this happens 'only once every 2,737 years' which is untrue, the last time these three planets align was in 2005.

http://blogs.discove...pyramid-scheme/

Your first point however, I whole heartedly agree with. :)

And the planetary alignment does not include Earth, right? That fact often gets lost, or neglected to be mentioned. And then you have people out trying to "see" the alignment, when they have no hope of seeing anything other then Venus.

1 person likes this

There are other inscriptions at Mayan sites for dates far beyond 2012 — including one that roughly translates into the year 4772.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz2CnvRXY3c

I don`t worry about the Mayan`s doom day theory . But I do worry about all out atomic war and those fools playing around with that Hadron Collider creating a black hole or a dang asteroid hitting our planet :)

http://www.cnn.com/2...reut/index.html

Edited by docyabut2

And the planetary alignment does not include Earth, right? That fact often gets lost, or neglected to be mentioned. And then you have people out trying to "see" the alignment, when they have no hope of seeing anything other then Venus.

From what I understand the planetary alignment would include the Earth, on that date, because planets align all the time dependent on where you are in space. It's nothing special really because all the planets share roughly the same rotational plane. It just so happens that from our vantage point, on December 3rd, they will align.All that it is, is a time to say, "Hey, isn't that neat?"

From what I understand the planetary alignment would include the Earth, on that date, because planets align all the time dependent on where you are in space. It's nothing special really because all the planets share roughly the same rotational plane. It just so happens that from our vantage point, on December 3rd, they will align.All that it is, is a time to say, "Hey, isn't that neat?"

Huh? Interesting.

So will there be a Transit of Mercury by Venus, visible from Earth? Wouldn't that need to be very close to aligning with the Sun also?

Huh? Interesting.

So will there be a Transit of Mercury by Venus, visible from Earth? Wouldn't that need to be very close to aligning with the Sun also?

You mean Venus crossing in front of Mercury, or both planets transiting the Sun at the same time? No, in either case.

There was a transit of Venus in 2012 but it's already occured.

2012 transit of Venus: http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/transit12.html

On Dec. 3 all we'll witness is three planets in the night time sky that will temporarily form a straight line, nothing to do with the Sun. The only reason we'll notice or just due to our location on that date.

Perhaps this part of the discussion should be moved to the Astronomy forum. :)

Edited by Likely Guy

You mean Venus crossing in front of Mercury, or both planets transiting the Sun at the same time? No, in either case.There was a transit of Venus in 2012 but it's already occured.2012 transit of Venus: http://eclipse.gsfc..../transit12.html

Yeah Venus across Mercury. Eclipsing it more accurately. If the Earth is going to align with Venus and Mercury, then logically Mercury could be eclipsed by Venus, right?

Would Saturn be behind Mercury, or behind the Earth, in this alignment?

I only say near the Sun, because Mercury is really never far from the Sun.

Edited by DieChecker

Yeah Venus across Mercury. Eclipsing it more accurately. If the Earth is going to align with Venus and Mercury, then logically Mercury could be eclipsed by Venus, right?

Would Saturn be behind Mercury, or behind the Earth, in this alignment?

I only say near the Sun, because Mercury is really never far from the Sun.

On Dec. 3 all we'll witness is three planets in the night time sky that will temporarily form a straight line, nothing to do with the Sun. The only reason we'll notice is just due to our location on that date.

I'm not sure if I was clear. They won't be lined up in a visible transit like an eclipse. Just in an alignment in the sky. Sometimes they might form a triangle, but why no one cares about that, I don't know. :)