Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Little Help?

MrSmiles123

Alright, so basically I have been experiencing some strange things in my home.

How it all started:

Around three months ago my younger sister awoke at about 2 in the morning screaming and saying something was breathing in her ear and trying to hurt her. I thought that she had only had a nightmare as she is young. She wouldn't go back into the room and kept crying so I being her older brother went into the room assured her nothing was wrong, I also made a little show of it saying, "If something is here, go away now you are not wanted."

Since she wouldn't sleep I let her sleep with me in my room. She fell asleep pretty quickly next to me as I watched a movie next to her on my laptop. a little bit later on it felt as if something was breathing on the side of my face and I believed I heard the word whispered, "fear." I instinctively reached out with a punch thinking someone was there, but there was no one. I'm still of the opinion at that point it's in my head.

Activity since then:

• Bad smells (Like rotten food) in certain areas of my room. (It tends to change and sometimes it occurs in other rooms)
  • Heaving foot movement through out the house, especially late at night.
  • My dogs become very tense when this sort of stuff is happening, (they sleep with me most nights)
  • I have been slapped around 7 time now in my sleep
  • My door has slammed by itself at least twice a week
  • Periods of chill at night.
  • I have horrible dreams. (will not describe and never wish to)

Extra Info:

My parents have acknowledged there has been some strange stuff happening but refuse to talk about it and I agree with them. Though it seems as if I am being targeted. My dogs are a Red cattle dog cross with a German Shepard and two little Maltese, the reason this is important is my bigger dog is very protective of me and often gets violent when he thinks I'm threatened. He growls and stays very close to me when its happening. The two smaller dogs are easily scared and tend to shake and pant heavily when its at its worse.

Also for the bad smell, we have just had the house renovated and every sort of leak and what not has been checked for within the house due to us needing to meet counsel requirements. I'm willing to accept this is in my head, but I really just want an honest opinion of what it seems like and not to be judged.

Edited by MrSmiles123
  • Like 1

It's really hard to explain. But imagine being paralyzed in darkness and something is hurting you and just keeps laughing throughout.

Also dreams are the only sort of weird mental thing I'm experiencing. Went and saw a doctor he said it could be due to stress or an insecurity of sometime.

Edited by MrSmiles123

what kind of hurting " if you don't mind "

and how old is your younger sister ?

She turned 10 a week ago.

The best way to explain it is like multiple muscle tears throughout my body. I'm more disturbed by the "sadistic" nature of the dreams.

ok this is merely my opinion but what you experince could be the " old hag "

some sort of demon " if you believe in such things " that attack people in their sleep

which could explains the slaps in your sleep it could vary people sometimes feel slapped othertimes sexually assulted , etc etc

mainly this demon attack people in their sleep .. perhaps because people are more vunerable then .. maybe

however this is all theory . some medical conditions could have the same effects

as for your kid sister perhaps she shouldn't be left sleeping alone for while and see what happens .. just to be on safe side

even if it's kid's imagination it could have bad effect if not treated probably

some say demons always go for weaker individual " young childrens " again not many people believe such things

this is my opinion before you jump to any conclusions perhaps you should make sure it's nothing medical

and for old hag .. or sleep paralysis you shouldn't worry alot of people have it .. and i mean ALOT

Thanks, I'll look into sleep paralysis and go talk to my local GP again. I'm not big into the whole demon thing, but if it's anything like that should i just ignore it or should i do something else?

EDIT: had a look and it seems this old hag thing is linked to sleep paralysis and was used as a way to explain the condition?

Edited by MrSmiles123

perhaps you should rule out the possiable normal explationations first before you move to demon thing

because then you will keep doubt the ordinary treatment which could result in it's failure

first look into medical terms of SP and various side effects on people and seek some professional advice on it

if that didn't work or if things got more intense .. and witnessed by other people well

dealing with such situations vary from culture to another and from religion to another

notice that those solution results pretty bad if the situation was medical issue in first place

so personally i think that's your first step

adults can usually cope with such things but children tend to get affected badly

even ordinary fear could harm children so at least you can let her sleep with another sister or family member for time being

hope it works out well for you

Thanks, I'll look into sleep paralysis and go talk to my local GP again. I'm not big into the whole demon thing, but if it's anything like that should i just ignore it or should i do something else?

EDIT: had a look and it seems this old hag thing is linked to sleep paralysis and was used as a way to explain the condition?

Before I jump to far into advice ( wait and see how long this goes ), I do want to give one piece for sure.

Saying what you said in front of your daughter will only make her more scared. " if anything is here go away, you are not welcome here "

You just re-enforced her " belief " that something is in the house.....Not good.

As for Demons, they do not exist, only if you " believe " they do.

Went and saw a doctor he said it could be due to stress or an insecurity of sometime.

YEP the doctor would say that UNTIL his own house gets haunted...

then he will sing an entirely different story.

I have been getting the bad smells too,

I found this link denoting it to a bad energy....

I found this articlealso interesting about Spirit Guides or Guardian Angels sending us bad smells to WARN US about something:

You may find that you are trying to buy a house. You walk into a house and find that it smells damp. (This is your spirit guides warning you that this house may have dampness or plumbing problems or that it is not the right house for you.)

Our guides, deceased loved ones and angels send us tastes and smells to let us know that they are around, to help us make important discussions and to warn us about people, situations and places.

Edited by araxia