Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

how will people in future name us

kobolds

we named ourself modern humans , we name this species Neanderthals . thousand from now, how will the future species name us? ever though of that?

first, I don't think they will name us modern humans since to them, they are the modern human. :no:

Maybe "technologists" or "industrialists" might be suitable.

"Sheeple" comes to mind as well.

• Like 1

Well of course the Bling revolution will soon hit humanity, and everyone's skin will turn to glitter covered with rhinestones....so in the future we will be known as 'The Imperial Sparkly Ones'.

Failing that, 'Sheep Following War Mongers'.

It won't be an easy task!

goths2.jpg

• Like 1

In my neck of the woods... I am betting they will still call us PADDY lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

The old ones will sit around their camp fires at night and tell tales to the young of mighty wizards would could bring forth light, and heat with a flick of a finger... They will tell of how we could communicate through magic boxes to anyone anywhere on the Earth... of how we could fly through the air with tremendous speed and ease... of how we could ride magic chariots at great speed... Of how this was the golden age and all since has dimenished...

The young ones will of course think the old timers are nuts...

In my neck of the wood... I am betting they will still call us PADDY lol

Glasgow area in Scotland they're all "Jimmy".

we named ourself modern humans , we name this species Neanderthals . thousand from now, how will the future species name us? ever though of that?

first, I don't think they will name us modern humans since to them, they are the modern human. :no:

i think the future "species" will not be man anyway, but they might say "apparently there was once a race called humans, and they blew themselves to bits with something called a nuclear bomb, but hey! don`t quote me, its only hearsay"

Well as we're happy to call people from the Dung Ages "5th Century wherever they're from people" I'd say we'd we "21st Century whereever we're from people".

Either that or Bertha. We can be the bertha generation and the next one can be the Betty generation.

Modern humans already have a name, homo sapiens sapiens

• Like 1

Considering we forgot about Neanderthals ever existing and first found proof of them in the Neander valley if we are ever forgotten we might be named after the area where proof of our existence was found.

Another possibility would be we are named after what the future will call our technology. Let us say the word for plastic in some future civilization is cellarbasement then we might be called Cellarbasementhals.

Hopefully we achieve stability and continuance and the future post-humans (h+) call us homo sapiens sapiens. But I doubt we are called by what we called ourselves just as Neanderthals did not call themselves that.

• 2 weeks later...

Techology in some centuries will be far more advanced than it is now, so i reckon, that we'll be like neanderthals to the future generations!!!