Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bright Green Orb

Frequentflyer12

I found these bright green orbs in several of my,pictures taken throughout the day at Quabbin Reservoir in Belchertown, Mass. I cannot figure out if they are actual orbs or if they can otherwise be explained. I put four different images of the orb into a collage because the originals were too big to upload

post-135099-0-41924200-1353537019_thumb.

That's weird, it doesn't seem to be in the same place on on each picture. Were all the pictures taken in the same area? Do you have any pictures without it.

While it IS an orb, in shape, it looks like a camera artifact, especially given the size in proportion to the distance. Most of the "other-world" orbs have a thin rim around them, and appear to be filled with something that looks like pixels of different colored lights.

Also reflections of bright objects are very common when you have a filter on the lens. The reflection of the sun against the filter will look exactly like this.

It has the shape of an orb, but the colour is all wrong, and there is nothing within the centre. I don't know much about cameras, but I think it's an effect of the camera.

Post and run!

These orbs and blurry splotch discussions are better off in a "What's wrong with my camera?" thread in a photography forum.

• Like 2

Sorry haven't had to post back. I took it with my iPhone 4S....every time I try to post the full pics it says the pic is too large to upload.

Welcome to UM. The topic of "Orbs" has been covered here and has been laid to rest. You can do a search for it. Orb's are nothing more than artifacts or natural objects. Nothing more. Lens flare, dust, moisture, bugs and the list goes on my friend. Because they are so easily explained, they simply cannot be counted as evidence, and automatically are discounted. Please go search these forums my friend.