Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex-Gay sex cult leader implicated

bluehawk

I don’t even know where to begin with this. Murder, ex-gays, sex cults, a megachurch that sounds an awful lot like a pancake chain? It’s all too much. Keith Morrison narrates…

When Bethany Deaton, age 27, was first found in the back of her van, with a plastic bag over her head and a suicide note on the consul, police assumed it was just an open and shut case. But a few days later Micah Moore, a member of an evangelical prayer group, confessed to having murdered Deaton and staging it as a suicide… at the request of her husband, Tyler Deaton, the group’s charismatic leader.

According to Moore, Tyler was worried that Bethany was going to talk to her therapist about some of the group’s more unsavory practices- such as drugging her with another member’s anti-psychotic prescription drugs and sexually abusing her. For Jesus. Moore and other members have also stated that they had sexual relations with Tyler Deaton, also for religious reasons. Which was especially odd given that, as an “ex-gay”, Deaton claimed to be strongly against homosexuality. Not that we don’t all know how that story usually ends.

The group had started out of Southwestern University, and upon graduating, Deaton and several other members moved up to Kansas City to join the International House of Prayer—a megachurch focused on end times prophecy, not the triangular shaped purveyor of pancakes. Although until recently, Deaton was listed as a “friendship group” leader on IHOP’s website, the church claims that they had nothing to do with him. Except of course that he was a graduate of IHOPU, the megachurch’s school for missionary work.

Moore claims to not only have video of the sexual abuse perpetrated against Bethany Deaton, but also poetry written about it by group members. I just cannot even with that. ******* poetry? Seriously? If this is true, every member of the group that participated in this should be prosecuted. Because really, there’s just so much that one can blame on a charismatic cult leader.

Source

Edited by Karlis
Added source
  • Like 1

i dont even know what to say. thats just ****ed the **** up. woww humans never fail to suprise me.

Edit: plus i never knew you could be "ex-gay" lol wtf

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

This church or cult, do they claim to worship JESUS or God? Since you talk about a church and a murder in the name of jesus? (not sure if the "jesus" was just an exclamation of disgust at these happenings).

You also talk about new age end of the world prophecies being part of this and anti-psychotics (drugs) and ritual abuse... there are many new age messiahs I have read of being cult leaders who have ravenous animalistic aptitudes.... and all their followers are pervs as well... and they call themselves angels of some sort here to save mankind, and call themselves "saints" while they take to bed anything they possibly can, MALE, FEMALE, children, even animal... how is sexual perversion HOLY? It seems that they LOVE this physical reality and the benefits thereof too much to be even slightly concerned with a heavenly abode; something purely spiritual lacking any physical properties.

How is being bodily IMPURE holy? Clearly these souls live in some deluded reality, thinking they are HOLY or the CHOSEN ones while they are practically the lowest scum of the earth...

Any cult not to mention "new age" has this effect on people, to make them think they are SPECIAL or HOLY, and different from the rest, while they are the same as the normal person out there on the street...

such twisted perversion..

is there a phone number for this group?

why do you want to call them to join them?

Edited by araxia

why do you want to call them to join them?

hi.. um.. yeah, that was what i was implying.. as a joke.. i thought you got that, thats why you pressed like on my post.. yeah?

• Like 1

I don’t even know where to begin with this. Murder, ex-gays, sex cults, a megachurch that sounds an awful lot like a pancake chain? It’s all too much. Keith Morrison narrates…

When Bethany Deaton, age 27, was first found in the back of her van, with a plastic bag over her head and a suicide note on the consul, police assumed it was just an open and shut case. But a few days later Micah Moore, a member of an evangelical prayer group, confessed to having murdered Deaton and staging it as a suicide… at the request of her husband, Tyler Deaton, the group’s charismatic leader.

According to Moore, Tyler was worried that Bethany was going to talk to her therapist about some of the group’s more unsavory practices- such as drugging her with another member’s anti-psychotic prescription drugs and sexually abusing her. For Jesus. Moore and other members have also stated that they had sexual relations with Tyler Deaton, also for religious reasons. Which was especially odd given that, as an “ex-gay”, Deaton claimed to be strongly against homosexuality. Not that we don’t all know how that story usually ends.

The group had started out of Southwestern University, and upon graduating, Deaton and several other members moved up to Kansas City to join the International House of Prayer—a megachurch focused on end times prophecy, not the triangular shaped purveyor of pancakes. Although until recently, Deaton was listed as a “friendship group” leader on IHOP’s website, the church claims that they had nothing to do with him. Except of course that he was a graduate of IHOPU, the megachurch’s school for missionary work.

Moore claims to not only have video of the sexual abuse perpetrated against Bethany Deaton, but also poetry written about it by group members. I just cannot even with that. ******* poetry? Seriously? If this is true, every member of the group that participated in this should be prosecuted. Because really, there’s just so much that one can blame on a charismatic cult leader.

hi.. you would probably be wise to provide a link for things you post like this, as most people would want to know where the article was from, and you need to for copyright issues, that is unless you actually wrote the OP yourself?? if so, ignore me!!!!

• Like 1

UNreal!! Helluva attention grabbing headline though!

UNreal!! Helluva attention grabbing headline though!

what do you mean it is unreal? STUFF like this happen all the time.... crazy people are everywhere, no matter what they do the craziness remains.

what do you mean it is unreal? STUFF like this happen all the time.... crazy people are everywhere, no matter what they do the craziness remains.

I meant unreal as in hard-to-believe , not as in not true.

• Like 1

And the good Christians out there get another black eye while they are all thrown into the same category as these disturbed individuals.

Saying you are a Christian Org doesn't make it so.