Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Daydreaming solves complex problems

Still Waters

Daydreaming really is the key to solving complex problems, a new study has found.

Some of the most important scientific breakthroughs ever made - by everyone from Einstein to Newton - came about as the geniuses behind them allowed their minds to wander.

Now research by modern day scientists has shown that mere mortals can also improve their problem-solving ability in the same way.

http://www.telegraph...x-problems.html

• Like 1

Hallelujah.

... I can't read the article, for some reason, so I won't be able to comment about it...

I'll have to bookmark it.

Looks like I have a lot of daydrea- I mean complex problem solving to get to.

• Like 2

I love "mere mortals".

Edited by Kazoo

I was always told of by my school teachers for daydreaming even to the point of getting detention, (Bloody dream killers) :td:

The highest thoughts and aspirations which reached lofty heights were represented by Apollo to the Greeks. Daydreaming is a noble activity. Don't stop or let others rob it from you.

Edited by I believe you
  • Like 1

That must have beem hard for Einstein-- that even in dreams, he uses his mind to think and solve problems. I always treat dreams as way to relax and be outside "reality". I love dreaming of my own reality and never thought this can be important too.