Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angler dies after swallowing fish

Still Waters

The man was fishing with friends on a beach in Icapui, in Brazil's northeastern state of Ceara, when he reeled in a small sole fish, according to police.

The fishermen then reportedly made a bizarre bet with his friends that he would be able to hold the slippery fish between his teeth for a minute.

But no sooner had he put the fish into his mouth that it escaped and swam down his throat, getting lodged in the man's windpipe.

http://www.telegraph...owing-fish.html

The things people do for a bet :no:

Heimlich maneuver?

Can't read this article either.

I read an incident where a fish jumped into a boy's throat and almost choked him to death. Luckily, he survived.

Wow.. he drove two miles before dying.. what a horrible and most likely painful death.... the moral of this story is.... never go fishing without someone who knows the heimlich manuever(you never know when a fish will jump into your mouth)..... or.. don't take on bets in which live fish are inserted into the mouth..... im not sure which one is a better fit.. ill let you be the judge.

Edited by Overdueleaf

HURRAH!! :w00t: cute-looking-fish-minding-it's-own-business 1, idiot-angler-with-nothing-better-to-do-than-torture-fish 0.

HURRAH!! :w00t: cute-looking-fish-minding-it's-own-business 1, idiot-angler-with-nothing-better-to-do-than-torture-fish 0.

Cute? It's got two eyes on the side of its head :lol:

Ehh, both eyes on one side of its head, I mean.

Edited by Mnemonix

Cute? It's got two eyes on the side of its head :lol:

Ehh, both eyes on one side of its head, I mean.

That, in my eyes, does not eliminate the 'cute' factor :)

• Like 1

I just can't believe he was able to drive HIMSELF down to the hospital !!!

My only summation is that the wife didn't like him too much if all she could say on the message board after he died was how great a wife she was to him.

WTF?

Also what an idiotic thing to do.

• Like 1