Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pulling Away

P-39 Airacobra

Im new, and this is probably a wierd, if not dumb question, but I will ask anyway. Is there a type of ghost or spirit with the sole purpose of fooling innocent children or people away from a safe place such as a home. Example: Like the thing goes to the child's door or window and asks it to open it and come out with it.

Reason I ask this is, Because I saw something similar to this on a stupied tv show. Also when I was a kid this old lady that lived up the street from me used to warn me about things trying to pull love or innocent from the world. I thought the lady was a little off in the head. But I used to mow her lawn since she had nobody else to help her. And she used to tell me some strange off the wall sxxx.

It's not a stupid question.

The answer is IMO, there's no such thing as ghosts tho.

Welcome to UM!

Im new, and this is probably a wierd, if not dumb question, but I will ask anyway. Is there a type of ghost or spirit with the sole purpose of fooling innocent children or people away from a safe place such as a home. Example: Like the thing goes to the child's door or window and asks it to open it and come out with it.

Reason I ask this is, Because I saw something similar to this on a stupied tv show. Also when I was a kid this old lady that lived up the street from me used to warn me about things trying to pull love or innocent from the world. I thought the lady was a little off in the head. But I used to mow her lawn since she had nobody else to help her. And she used to tell me some strange off the wall sxxx.

Right, as was said above, ghosts don't exist.

As to the lady, that's a fairly common wives tale told all around the world and it's actually rooted in good common sense if you think about it.

I never saw a ghost myself or worried about them or really believed. I was just wondering if there was some sort of story or legend type crap, to the crap the old lady said.

post-135132-0-12559900-1353768555_thumb.

Edited by P-39 Airacobra

I never saw a ghost myself or worried about them or really believed. I was just wondering if there was some sort of story or legend type crap, to the crap the old lady said.

This guy ?

• Like 1

I saw a ghost and they do exist. I don't know if what you were told is true. Sounds like a story just to scare kids.

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies I was just interested to know if there was a saying about it. I figured if anyone would know it would be someone on this board. However I have no idea what I did to Sakari This is my first topic so I have done nothing to it or him or her. Could be a "it" from the michael jackson love shown. If your that mad at your parents Sakari, move out of there house. But first get a job. And don't lie and make up a good job you say you have because you don't. I am just here to ask a stinkin question not to become popular or make enemies. I could care less if I am hated or if I get banned.

Thanks for the replies I was just interested to know if there was a saying about it. I figured if anyone would know it would be someone on this board. However I have no idea what I did to Sakari This is my first topic so I have done nothing to it or him or her. Could be a "it" from the michael jackson love shown. If your that mad at your parents Sakari, move out of there house. But first get a job. And don't lie and make up a good job you say you have because you don't. I am just here to ask a stinkin question not to become popular or make enemies. I could care less if I am hated or if I get banned.

On this board, sometimes a few ( if not more or less ) replies are made that would usually seem obviously facetious.

These were to be facetious.

Sometimes a little humor is nice, and a change. I am sorry you took it the wrong way.

Welcome to UM, and smile a bit.

I have not heard of any stories like you mentioned, if that helps.

• Like 1

Any weird story you hear is more likely to have a myth/ legend behind it. many will change slightly along the way to fit in with more modern times, some change as they go down the line from generation to generation. This sounds like one of them.

But the chances are they all started out with a bit of truth originally, but it gets added to for that bit of extra excitement and scariness.

Edited by freetoroam

ghosts do exist.. but this old woman and her story sound like a bit of a tale.. just some old woman trying to spook you.. i wouldn't be worried about it..

dont let Sakari get to you.. he was crowned prom king at the UM Skeptics Awards last year.. i thought he was 15 when i started posting here.. easy mistake to make.. welcome to the jungle..

• Like 1

dont let Sakari get to you.. he was crowned prom king at the UM Skeptics Awards last year.. i thought he was 15 when i started posting here.. easy mistake to make.. welcome to the jungle..

That was mature.

As you may have seen, I apologized, and explained humor here.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

It's sad how some members on here will use humor to answer a question without even giving it a good go first. One of the reasons I left this place.

• Like 2

It's sad how some members on here will use humor to answer a question without even giving it a good go first. One of the reasons I left this place.

99% of my replies are a good " go " of it. Once in a while, all of us like to have a little humor on the side. That is what makes us human.

The most completely wasted of all days is that in which we have not laughed.

I use humor in my life some times...I am who I am....

A great quote from a smart person :

I'm who I am online and offline. I wouldn't want to be anyone else. lol I don't really care what people think of me. It's a waste of time trying to be someone else.. I don't get the point anyway, because you're just going to lose meaningful relationships pretending to be someone you're not.

:tu:

And again, I did apologize for the replies not gong as planned, not many do that.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

relax. there is no such ghost. the only thing i can think of that resembles this is in the book salem's lot by stephen king. that's the only way the vampires could get in. they scratched at the screen or something i don't remember now

anyway it's just scary stories.

• Like 1