Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Is flossing your teeth a waste of time?

6 posts in this topic

Visits to the dentist are never pleasant. Not only do we have our pearly whites scraped, prodded and drilled, we then have to endure a telling-off for not having flossed.

Dentists insist it will keep our teeth sparkling and free from decay, as well as keeping our gums healthy. Regular flossing has even been said to protect us from heart disease.

Yet, for most of us who try wrestling with the tape, it only results in a cricked neck and bleeding gums.

And now, according to a provocative new book, Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye, it seems that dedicated followers of flossing could actually be wasting their time.

http://www.dailymail...got-wrong-.html

I floss..my teeth are tight against one another so I must. even if they weren't I still would because brushing alone doesn't dislodge all the particles.

Besides there are other things around than just plain floss. Those stick thingies with floss on them makes things easier, for me anyways.

1 person likes this

i worked at a dentist for 8 years. we had a saying: "only floss the ones you want to keep". :)

Now people can get off my case. I don't bother flossing unless I have stuff lodged in my teeth and my teeth are perfect.

1 person likes this

post-9259-0-01826600-1353731389_thumb.jpWell I dont floss mine!
1 person likes this

That study doesn't say anything about the fact that if you don't floss, the crud that is between your teeth, food particles, plaque, bacteria, will give you a serious case of halitosis! Floss! Please! :P

2 people like this