Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did you ever hear about Synchronicity?

Big Bad Voodoo

Oh my where do I begi? At some points in my life I seem to tap into the synchronicity ocean. I have got stories that at the time made me think I was going insane.

I have even had strings of syncronistic events leading me to read about Jung a syncronicitiy.

From my journals

-----------------

Donnie Darko syncronocity

This syncronocity started as a result of makeing some posts on an unexplained mysterys forum. A young man contacted me after reading some of my posts on astrial

Travel. He asked me if astrial travel could help with a problem he was having with hair loss. He was told there was nothing he could do so he wanted to find some alternative methods. So I told him I'm sure if he learned how to travel spirits could help him. He was excited.... I thought it was done. Later that night an old student of mine came in. I had not seen him in a year. We were just talking and then I noticed that he was starting to experience some severe hair loss. He is a rocker kid and has always warn his really long. He showed me how severe it was. It was bad. For some reason I just assumed the guy on the forum was female...... I don't know why. And I said somthing like don't worry whatever happens you will still be beautiful trying to be encourageing ( funny now cause it was a guy). Then later after meeting with my student.... His name is Shannon, I reposted telling the guy that I'm sorry for whatever reason I assumed he was female. Then it occured to me this could very well be Shannon. It all made sense and syncronicities attack me like this. So I reposted hey you don't have long hair do you, and if you don't mind what is your first name. I thought for sure it was him. The cadence of his writting the syncronicity of the events.

The guy replied quite indignated . I'm male, I have 5 cm long hair, and my name Is Darko. Bye!

He thought I was trying to be some cuooky psycic. I also thought darko was a very strange name. Never herd of it before. I figured he was just giving me some name. Maby he was.

Hmmmm. Ok that was odd, never had syncronicities play out like that before. It was just beginning.

The next morning I was walking by mothers room......she lives with us. On her television was the menu screen for a DVD, and across the screen in big etherial white letters are the words DARKO. Donnie Darko

Oooooop here we go. I end up watch watching he movie of course. It's a fictional psycological thriller. I'm not gonna give it away you can watch it for yourself.

I was so overwhelmed watching the movie I was moved to tears. Here's why. the movie pretty much is about a young man following odd occurances and syncronicities to lead to a greater godd.... Hey is kind of going crazy. But that is not all. There is a fictional book in the movie (fictional being it's not even a real book......invented by the director I think) called "the philosophy of time travel" in it talks about the targeted person finding some sort of artifact blade. (during my crisis I found a clovis spear point) I have it now. There was also a tremendouse amount of imagry from some important journies I have taken onthe spirit world. I mean exact imagry. One of me brought me to my knees crying. At the end of the move there is a tornato or vortex surrounded by mountains. I have dreamt about tornados in mountains all my life. Even when I was a child. Just as it showed in the movie. At this point i am in just awe.

I get on the Internet of course. I have to research this movie. I know of course that it is just a movie but he syncronicities must be looked into. I find the six page prop book " the philosophy of time travel" and there are quite a few things that blatently jump out, but I don't know what it means. So I type in something like books and syncronicities to search for something. Of course Jung pops up everywhere. I research a little bit about him, and I come to the revelation that I am supposed learn everything about his research and writting. I'm reading now.

Believe me I know how fantastic it all sounds but that's the way it went down. Im not that creative to make it up. Infact that's the way it always goes down every time the Other world wants to show me something complicated. Simple things they do in the spirit world. Sometimes they last days other time weeks.

Your quest is similar to mine. Events made me curious about something, and I went to a second book store to get a book. I walked out with a few extremely rare books that put me on a path of wanting to raise awareness about education, military needs, and NAZI, Germany, verses American dream and education for citizenship. I operate with a sense that this is what I am suppose to be doing. That I was born into my family to fulfill this purpose.

Joseph Campbell became the expert on mythology, and he took his lead from Jung. He noted that around the world people share the basic symbols, and that Moses and Jesus stories are similar to earlier stories. Joseph Campbell said myth begins with a spontaneous awareness, and this happens around the world.

Edited by me-wonders

Your quest is similar to mine. Events made me curious about something, and I went to a second book store to get a book. I walked out with a few extremely rare books that put me on a path of wanting to raise awareness about education, military needs, and NAZI, Germany, verses American dream and education for citizenship. I operate with a sense that this is what I am suppose to be doing. That I was born into my family to fulfill this purpose.

Joseph Campbell became the expert on mythology, and he took his lead from Jung. He noted that around the world people share the basic symbols, and that Moses and Jesus stories are similar to earlier stories. Joseph Campbell said myth begins with a spontaneous awareness, and this happens around the world.

It as amazing how interconnected it all is. We live in a sea of syncronicity. Even life itself is a rare synchronistic event.

• Like 1

I had a very synchronistic day and shared it synchronisticly with my synchronistic friends...

just had to share that...

Wow, it's been a while since I have been on U-M.

I have never been one to believe in coincidence...or accidents. I believe everything happens for a reason. From the people we meet, even if it's the cashier at the store or a person passing on the sidewalk. We all have something to teach and something to learn from everyone.

As for synchronicities, it happens to me all the time. I don't question it, I say "Thank you" and leave it at that. I believe it is just a connection to what I call the Univseral Force. I have always had synchronicity experiences, but they happen more since I became a Pagan. To me it makes sense, since Paganism is a nature based path.

• Like 1

Hmm interesting I wonder if you could have a Deja-vu synchronicity moment. ? :unsure2:

Any experiences?

Nope. Never had a episode of synchronicity, only coincidences and happenstance.

Nope. Never had a episode of synchronicity, only coincidences and happenstance.

Stories? What happened during those incidents?

i think synchronicity? is the connection of the mind to the outside world.. sometimes there are things that the mind creates in just a second of thinking...making a person not so inclined to his thinking making so many mind creations..

i think its the mind... its always in the mind...

i think synchronicity? is the connection of the mind to the outside world.. sometimes there are things that the mind creates in just a second of thinking...making a person not so inclined to his thinking making so many mind creations..

Stories? What happened during those incidents?

I am not sure what you are asking.

Yes. The mind is adept at taking seemingly related yet separate incidences and trying to make them seem connected even when they are not.

Like thinking casually about, say, a person you seen at a library then seeing them again at a local cafe. Mere coincidence yet the brain, depending on the programming it received, may very well assume it means something.

Edited by Ryu

I just experienced synchronicity today, which lead me to this thread.. lol.. spooky...

But seriously,

I tend to have them a lot more now that I'm more spiritually aware.. A dream that may seem random or plain old bizzare get's scribbled in my dream journal, and something during the day reminds me of the dream, or in today's case, two things. Sometimes the synchronicity seems vague but recognisable, such as dreaming of dead cattle in a field, then learning first thing in the morning that 120 local cows were found dead overnight from poisoned water (this happened this morning). And sometimes it's just in your face, such as a exact words spoken to you in a dream as in real life..

Those two were todays examples in my life.. But I've had others, some that seem to take weeks to unfold, others that come in triplicate or quadupilite within an hour or two and really make the hair stand on end.. actually I think there's a really big one playing out right now that has something to do with the importance of water...

• Like 1

I have a recent example of what I guess might come under as synchronicity. Maybe just call it.. nice timing.

My son was starting to get bullied at school by two kids. The smaller one would call names and sometimes ask my son to fight him when the bigger one was with him. So it was like the smaller one was the trouble maker. My son said the bigger one wasnt too bad when the smaller one wasnt around. Anyway this went on and off for a few weeks despite the smaller one having to write a letter home to his mother about it(I told my son to let the teachers know).

Anyway I got annoyed and.. wished that the smaller one would stop. I thought if he broke his arm or something then he might not want to fight anymore. I thought this about 3 weeks ago. Anyway I asked my son again only yesterday on how they have been and he said not too bad(I've asked since then but he just says "ok"). He said the smaller one has been ok but probably because he broke his arm at the skate park about 2 weeks ago. He said his arm has been in a cast and a sling for the last 2 weeks.

lol.

I have decided I have to much time on my hands. The kids are in school now, and I don't do anything on Tuesday's or Thursday's except work in my garden. My business is exactly what it should be I have no desire grow it bigger. I would like to store some extra cash in a big way for the kids college or finish off my mortgage in a few years,, so I was trying to come up with something on the side to do for solid cash, but still would not take away the freedom I enjoy. I used to have a real estate license but I never did any thing with it. I was thinking about contacting an old client and friend who is a real estate broker who has tried for years to get me in the business. I'm sitting waiting for my oldest son to get out of class. When he does we sit down and get out his homework to wait the 40 minutes it takes my other one to get out. To my dismay out of his folder falls my old friends card. It has the Rolodex holes in it from when I used to keep one years ago. It's buried in some drawer somewhere, but Jim's card somehow made it into my sons homework folder.

Nice!!!

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

I have a recent example of what I guess might come under as synchronicity. Maybe just call it.. nice timing.

My son was starting to get bullied at school by two kids. The smaller one would call names and sometimes ask my son to fight him when the bigger one was with him. So it was like the smaller one was the trouble maker. My son said the bigger one wasnt too bad when the smaller one wasnt around. Anyway this went on and off for a few weeks despite the smaller one having to write a letter home to his mother about it(I told my son to let the teachers know).

Anyway I got annoyed and.. wished that the smaller one would stop. I thought if he broke his arm or something then he might not want to fight anymore. I thought this about 3 weeks ago. Anyway I asked my son again only yesterday on how they have been and he said not too bad(I've asked since then but he just says "ok"). He said the smaller one has been ok but probably because he broke his arm at the skate park about 2 weeks ago. He said his arm has been in a cast and a sling for the last 2 weeks.

lol.

Scarf hold... Best thing for physical bullies . Verbal bullies must be ignored.

Edited by Seeker79

This past year, I've had many, many things happen to me that all seemed to follow a certain pattern.

I don't know whether you could call it 'synchronicity' - but I found myself amazed after each one of them, usually concluding that "everything's connected". Like a gigantic leitmotif. Some of it might be down to pure coincidence, sure. But then again, I am not really a beliefer in pure coincidence.

This past year, I have also consciously, if slowly, started to go on a spiritual path, carefully dipping into the bigger picture, trying to expand my views and skills. To me, those things that happen are a sign that I am on the right track. I am a fan of the unified field theory - and those pointers strongly hint to me that indeed, everything is interlinked. And if I open my eyes, I can see those connections.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 2

Scarf hold... Best thing for physical bullies . Verbal bullies must be ignored.

Yeah the kid was trying to get physical but only when there was two of them. So if my son had fought back the bigger kid wouldve jumped in. They are trying to stamp out bullying so thats why we went down the road of telling the teachers first(he's only 11). I also told him that its better to make the teachers aware so if you do ever fight back you wont look like the bully.

He knows how to look after himself ok though. He's got a junior blue belt in Taijutsu(he started when he was 5) but that place closed down so now he's been doing Jujitsu. He's green belt in that and he also does Brazilian Jujitsu. He's also got a few colours in kickboxing too but we're taking a break from that. So yeah right now mainly Jujitsu and BJJ. So he has 6 years under his belt from when he started Taijutsu. I tell him its a part of his schooling basically, so when he is out of high school he will be able to really look after himself. So you can tell I worry about him because I've seen what can happen in life.

Anyway I thought it was nice timing with the broken arm. It was just what I was after.

Edited by Kazahel

Yeah the kid was trying to get physical but only when there was two of them. So if my son had fought back the bigger kid wouldve jumped in. They are trying to stamp out bullying so thats why we went down the road of telling the teachers first(he's only 11). I also told him that its better to make the teachers aware so if you do ever fight back you wont look like the bully.

He knows how to look after himself ok though. He's got a junior blue belt in Taijutsu(he started when he was 5) but that place closed down so now he's been doing Jujitsu. He's green belt in that and he also does Brazilian Jujitsu. He's also got a few colours in kickboxing too but we're taking a break from that. So yeah right now mainly Jujitsu and BJJ. So he has 6 years under his belt from when he started Taijutsu. I tell him its a part of his schooling basically, so when he is out of high school he will be able to really look after himself. So you can tell I worry about him because I've seen what can happen in life.

Anyway I thought it was nice timing with the broken arm. It was just what I was after.

Awesome. Yeah that's the right thing to do. Putting bullies in their place is really a last resort these days.

My oldest is 7. He used the scarf hold on kid in a jump house at a birthday party that would not leave him alone. Held the kid until the kid started to cry then let go like he was taught.

Funny thing talking about synchronicity. No other parents intervened because evidentially this kid is a huge problem and they were happy to see a another kid deal with it. The dad of the other kid was there, but he complete ignores what's happening with a nose in his book. He did not even know that his kid was crying. Towords the end of the party, I engaged him a little bit. Politely of course. Within seconds of talking to him I could tell the dad was on the spectrum. Probably high functioning aspergers. ( im not sure if he had ever been diagnosed) Most aspergers people cannot tell something is socially wrong unless someone directly tells them. They will completely not understand Somone beating around the bush. This kids behavior was a result of his fathers condition!!!! After informing him of his kids behaviour, what the other parents feel about it, and what just happened in the jump house ( I know that might seem rude, but it's actually exactly exactly how autistic people should be addressed ), he was completely mortified. As I suspected, he had absolutely no idea.

The kid ended up takeing lessons from me for a little while until he went to live with his mother.

Anyway a good story. I also earned ( or rather my son did) some more business from some of the moms at the party.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

I also think syncronicity is spirits moving stuff, they can be warnings of danger or of negative energy... This is true in my case I don't know about any of you guys...

• 1 month later...

Those two were todays examples in my life.. But I've had others, some that seem to take weeks to unfold, others that come in triplicate or quadupilite within an hour or two and really make the hair stand on end.. actually I think there's a really big one playing out right now that has something to do with the importance of water...

Just quoating myself to re-iteratie that Synchronicities sometimes take weeks to show up..

This though i think is bordering on pre-cognition..

"importance of water"

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=241387

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have two instances of synchronicity(that I can remember at the moment; I'm sure there are more).

The first concerns birthday presents I received. On two seperate birthdays I received the same presents from two different people. On both occasions they were items that I hadn't asked for, had never given any indication I liked or would use such an item and had never used such an item before. In other words, these two people chose at the same time to buy the same completely random item for me. On one birthday I actually received three items that appeared to have the same use, although to this day I have no idea what they are for! One was ceramic, one stainless steel and one wooden and they were very similar in design and size. I asked all of the donors(by letter and email because they all live abroad), what the item was to be used for and none of them replied!!!!! I still have no idea what they are for, as I have never seen anything similar since. I've given them all to charity shops as I didn't know what to do with them and they weren't attractive enough to simply put on display.

The second concerns an email I wrote to a someone. It was a very long email telling him about some experiences I'd had long before I met him. While I was recounting these memories, a song from that time was running through my head. This was 45yrs after I had first heard it, and in the interim I had probably heard it two or three times at the most. Although it was a number one when it first came out it hasn't remained popular and is virtually never played.

When I'd finished the email I went to YouTube and guess what was at the top of the list of videos chosen for me? You've guessed it! The tune that had just been running through my head! Apart from the fact(?) that YouTube can't read my emails ..... can they/it? I didn't mention the song in any way in the email. I didn't even mention a date, so it's not as if YouTube could pick up on that and pick the number one from that year. I don't mind admitting I nearly wet myself when it happened! :o

My explanation for synchronicity is simple:

Before original sin we were all aware of the algorhythmic frequency that god communicated on. Afterwords, our conscious minds became blind to it's existence, so that every time our unconscious mind tunes into it, it appears as some inconceivably random coincidence... It can happen so often that nothing short of true unwielding faith in god's love will keep you from psychiatric jail. Even if you're rid of physically violent thoughts, synchronicity will turn you into a nihilist if you refuse to accept it as part of a higher plan.

But religious language is *unecessary, it is essentially just a frequential algorhythmic vibration that all living things are tuned into.

*edit: Well, it's necessary because no one has ever converted the symbol architecture into anything near-scientific, and the architecture is in fact what it is. The point is that we understand the morals before we go crazy with science.

Be afraid of what you might lose by abandoning the language of the bible, is probably what I'm trying to say.

Edited by JeremyjJstone