Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prince Charles: 'I'm running out of time'

Still Waters

In a series of remarkably candid comments, Prince Charles hinted that he feared his legacy as king would be cut short.

During a visit to Dumfries House, the stately home in East Ayrshire which the Prince helped save for the nation, he joked about his reputation for pursuing projects with notorious vigour but made a poignant reference to his mortality.

He said: “Impatient? Me? What a thing to suggest! Yes of course I am.” He added: “I’ll run out of time soon. I shall have snuffed it if I’m not careful.”

http://www.telegraph...ut-of-time.html

In a series of remarkably candid comments, Prince Charles hinted that he feared his legacy as king would be cut short.

During a visit to Dumfries House, the stately home in East Ayrshire which the Prince helped save for the nation, he joked about his reputation for pursuing projects with notorious vigour but made a poignant reference to his mortality.

He said: “Impatient? Me? What a thing to suggest! Yes of course I am.” He added: “I’ll run out of time soon. I shall have snuffed it if I’m not careful.”

http://www.telegraph...ut-of-time.html

Well, obviously the Queen does not want him to be king. She is too power hungry and cannot give up the throne. From what I read, she was waiting for William to get older and name him king....well, he is older and she hasn't done any such thing. She will die before she gives it up, and she could live for years yet.

Well, obviously the Queen does not want him to be king. She is too power hungry and cannot give up the throne. From what I read, she was waiting for William to get older and name him king....well, he is older and she hasn't done any such thing.

I have not read so much twaddle for a long time.

How do you know that the Queen doesn't want her son to be King?

And in regards to the ludicrous assertion that the Queen is "power hungry" and "cannot give up the throne" I think it's worth pointing out that the job of British (and Canadian) monarch is for LIFE and the Queen will remain monarch until she dies. Charles will become King when she dies.

And the Queen is very popular and the British public would not want her to give up the Throne anyway.

she will die before she gives it up

It's hardly unusual for a monarch, is it? I think you'll find that that's usually how it works.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 2

I have not read so much twaddle for a long time.

How do you know that the Queen doesn't want her son to be King?

And in regards to the ludicrous assertion that the Queen is "power hungry" and "cannot give up the throne" I think it's worth pointing out that the job of British (and Canadian) monarch is for LIFE and the Queen will remain monarch until she dies. Charles will become King when she dies.

And the Queen is very popular and the British public would not want her to give up the Throne anyway.

It's hardly unusual for a monarch, is it? I think you'll find that that's usually how it works.

Queen mom gave it up for Elizabeth. And if you look back, she was supposed to abdicate a long time ago for Charles to be King, but, with the whole Diana fiasco, that didn't happen. I don't just make things up, I READ and that is where I form my opinions. And, no, tabloids aren't classified as reading material IMO.

Queen mom gave it up for Elizabeth. And if you look back, she was supposed to abdicate a long time ago for Charles to be King, but, with the whole Diana fiasco, that didn't happen. I don't just make things up, I READ and that is where I form my opinions. And, no, tabloids aren't classified as reading material IMO.

when the King died George VI the throne automatically went to the then young princess Elizabeth as his eldest child - the Queen mother gave nothing up she had nothing to give up, We then had the coronation of the current Queen Elizabeth II. and as monarch she'll serve till the last breath at which time the throne will be handed over to her eldest child Prince Charles. we cannot break up centuries of tradition just for tabloid tittle tattle.

• Like 2

That's fine, seems most people don't want Charles as king anyway. As it's been mentioned the position is for life and Queen Elizabeth remains popular. As long as she can carry out her duties and remains of sound mind I see no reason why she should step down.