Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. planned to blow up the MOON

sean6

It doesn't matter from who, or where the story came from or whether it's real or not, people are going to bite at it, it's not a matter of hate just stupidity!

They wanted to intimidate the Russians by putting on a high tech light show? The nuke would have had to be small but that whole bit about missing and having it come back around in it's orbit at some point was a deal breaker - that's a good thing... :clap:

I'm quite sure,if its true ,it wouldn't have been to blow up the entire planet . But to intimidate the Russians ,that it could be done,and as always we get the golden ring.

The space race was quite heated back in the day . We were posturing ,I am sure .

funny, i feel much much more threatened by the actions of the usa.

It's nice to think so ,but who do you think arms Israel ? We do .

This is the entire crux of the matter of the Gaza strip . Not who is doing the fighting ,but who's arming them both .

Its like Vietnam . The Russians were arming and funding the Vietcong .

We were fighting Russia,but no Russians died . Smart,right ?

War is great,as long as it takes place OVER THERE .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Wasn't it British government ruling during the slaughter of the Native Americans though?

Japanese government of WW2 and German government of WW2 (Hitler) where certainly bad as well. British Government has done some nasty things. Israeli government as well. (doing nasty things right now) All the governments do nasty horrible things.

Not at all .Americans slaughtered Indians well past the revolutionary war .

I can look up details if you like ,but it was into mid- late 1800s. It's why we have so many cool photos of Indians. The camera was invented before wild roaming Indians were all forced onto reservations .my favorite is the Lakota Sioux photos. Especially Slow Bull.I love him .

• Like 1

This is the entire crux of the matter of the Gaza strip . Not who is doing the fighting ,but who's arming them both .

exactly.

• Like 1

exactly.

I think this is one of the best songs ever written about war ,just after Gimmie Shelter .

L7 were an all girl band from LA ,who's songs and deeds ,always caused controversey .

The lyrics sort of hit me first time I heard it,which was when it came out ,in 1992 .

As long as it takes place OVER THERE .

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/65094/

Check the comments on the vid too .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Hey just remember that no one government has the monopoly on stupid.

• Like 2

i do not feel the usa will attack canada - i feel threatened by their actions with regard to the world in general.

arrogance of the magnitude that the government of the usa has is dangerous to everyone.

I define the following as more arrogant and threatening to global security.

"We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza."

—Major Gilad Sharon

"The Americans didn’t stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren’t surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too."

—Major Gilad Sharon

"We must blow Gaza back to the Middle Ages, destroying all the infrastructure including roads and water."

—Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Eli Yishai

"The goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages."

They are talking about civilians. The world, we, are not safe until Israel is disarmed.

Edited by I believe you

I define the following as more arrogant and threatening to global security.

"We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza."

—Major Gilad Sharon

"The Americans didn’t stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren’t surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too."

—Major Gilad Sharon

"We must blow Gaza back to the Middle Ages, destroying all the infrastructure including roads and water."

"The goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages."

They are talking about civilians. The world, we, are not safe until Israel is disarmed.

you can list until the cows come home. usa is still the most arrogant country on the planet. they think they have the right to dictate to the entire world.

I never said they weren't other slaves. The ancient Romans had slaves . That was actually due to the caste system . You were born into it .

This was ships,full of white Americans ,sailing to Africa ,and CATCHING HUMANS,as if they were animals ,loading dozens of them on a,boat,and shipping them to the new world .

Forcing them to accept their god .Giving up their language ,freedom and religion ,which is,what they did to the Indians .

We slaughtered the Indians for refusing to accept Christianity in some cases.

The crusades ,luckily ,are on the Europeans ....

You may want to seriously do some research before laying false statements out there for all to see.

Americans at no time in History EVER sailed to Africa to hunt slaves and bring them to America.

Slaves from Africa were sold to the Dutch/European traders by other blacks in Africa.

Mostly from rival tribes.

Africans sold their own people into slavery!

The Dutch and othe European ships then brought the slaves to the colonies where they were purchased by Americans.

Buying them was bad enough but get your facts straight about how they got here.

Other nations that you and your ilk feel are morally superior to the USA are not all good moral nations.

• Like 2

Better to let Iran and Syria arm the Palestinians and let the Israelis just die?

Remind me to never count on you as a friend if i ever need help protecting myself.

War in the region doesnt have to happen, the Palestinians could simply stop blowing up buses and launching mortars into Israel.

I'm starting to see a common theme to your posts.

No matter what the topic, America is the problem, Americans are bad.

You seem to suffer from a severe case of White guilt.

Let it go, unless you personally harmed another; what hapopened in the past is not your responsibility.

I never dealt in slaves, i never killed Indians, i am not going to let it bother me.

Other nations have done worse and i dont hold their people today responsible for the crimes of their ancestors.

I am going to make an assumption here, but i would imagine you are a Democrat and voted for Obama.

Posts like yours are quite common among the Obama crowd that believes a debt is owed because they were born white.

Just push it a little farther away in orbit? Is THAT all? Why, that wouldn't effect anything here on earth, right?

Again, eighth grade education....

And as for this silly idea that American society has been the most ruthless or immoral through history... again, EIGHTH grade education.

The largest nuclear weapon ever detonated on earth was the Czar bomb, at 57 megatons.

To blow-up the moon, it would take 600 BILLION of those bombs to blow-up the moon, if they got their math right.

Source: http://www.forbes.co...-even-possible/

Edited by pallidin

Better to let Iran and Syria arm the Palestinians and let the Israelis just die?

Remind me to never count on you as a friend if i ever need help protecting myself.

War in the region doesnt have to happen, the Palestinians could simply stop blowing up buses and launching mortars into Israel.

I'm starting to see a common theme to your posts.

No matter what the topic, America is the problem, Americans are bad.

You seem to suffer from a severe case of White guilt.

Let it go, unless you personally harmed another; what hapopened in the past is not your responsibility.

I never dealt in slaves, i never killed Indians, i am not going to let it bother me.

Other nations have done worse and i dont hold their people today responsible for the crimes of their ancestors.

I am going to make an assumption here, but i would imagine you are a Democrat and voted for Obama.

Posts like yours are quite common among the Obama crowd that believes a debt is owed because they were born white.

I agree with this . I think one of the problems in America is that some peopel stay living in the past, well if we keep living in the past we will never settle it or leave it at peace . I do not feel responsible for what happened tto any race in America UNLESS I myself had done something , in which case I did not . We will continue to go no where unless people stop thinking we owe something to someone somewhere . They have colleges for the african americans they have free fund money they give to native decendants , I do believe they are getting enough stuff to repay for they sufferings that happened oh lets see IN THE PAST ! It should be over and done with , but sadly it never will be and this coarse will be argued hundred of years from now ....

I mean come on , a lady at the supermarket took the last hamburger meat , so does that mean she and her family and her relatives for thousand of years owe me ? Sheesh I better go hound her down , oh and the gentlemen that stole my parking place, I should hunt him down too , oh oh and the couple that out bid me on a house I should go after them as well . Lets see .... Well I should get a list out this will take a while and oh I must not forget to write to them and let them know that their kids and their children will owe my family too even though they are not the ones that did me wrong !

...I mean come on , a lady at the supermarket took the last hamburger meat , so does that mean she and her family and her relatives for thousand of years owe me ? ...

Great statement!

• Like 1

Not at all .Americans slaughtered Indians well past the revolutionary war .

I can look up details if you like ,but it was into mid- late 1800s. It's why we have so many cool photos of Indians. The camera was invented before wild roaming Indians were all forced onto reservations .my favorite is the Lakota Sioux photos. Especially Slow Bull.I love him .

Oh I didn't know that. I thought it all happened early on.

It would be ironic if there was a write up from The Sun newspaper.

Like this -> http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article4667882.ece

The Sun is like Fox News and The Daily Mail.. Meaning, they will print any old garbage ...

Stupid moon. Who needs it anyways? Not me, and certainly not America!! The rest of you losers the world over can just kiss my red white and blue behind. You're all here at our whim, beck, and call. We're number one all others are number two or more. We landed there, it's ours now and you have no right to try and tell us what we can or cannot do with it!

Hey guys, did anyone besides Sakari read the article, the part where it said this was Carl Sagan's plan to blow up the moon?

Wrongo, Israel wins this hands down everytime.

Until they are disarmed the rest of us are not safe!

Let us all know how you get on with that idea..... :w00t::gun:

I cannot bring myself to believe this nonsense..It does not in any way make sense

I found this ...

Bad Science Reporting 101: No they didn't plan on blowing up the Moon

I would have imagined that anyone with even a 5th grade education would know enough science to skeptical of the rather looney (pun intended) idea the United States planned to blow up the Moon to impress the Russians. Alas, I had forgotten that a lack of scientific knowledge, along with a lack of skeptical inquiry into any absurd claim against the "Military-Industrial Complex" was a requirement for success in the humanities, including journalism.

You have likely read or seen news reports that "Project A119", also known as "A Study of Lunar Research Flights" was a newly discovered secret plan to "blow up" the Moon. Some of these come from allegedly credible sources, such a Brian Williams on MSNBC. Other outlets include Forbes, a CBS affiliate, Yahoo News, and countless others.

The only problem is it's not quite true. This story originated with the Daily Mail, an entertaining British tabloid better known for celebrity scandals than for accurate science stories. And even there story came closer to the truth than some of the derivative articles. They note that "a missile carrying a small nuclear device was to be launched from an undisclosed location and travel 238,000 miles to the moon, where it would be detonated upon impact."and that the "planners decided it would have to be an atom bomb because a hydrogen bomb would have been too heavy for the missile."

Read more - http://wrfrbeameup.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/bad-science-reporting-101-no-they-didnt.html

The Daily Mail is known to publish stories that people don't give a toss for.. I tried to find this on Sky News, and I got nothing ..

• Like 1

-Sir...Are your suggesting we blow up the moon?

-Would you miss it? Would miss it?

Though a nuclear detonation's effect on the moon would vary.

The would be planet wide effects of not having a moon...anymore.

• Like 1