Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nile Croc in Florida have Officials worried

MysteryMike

Wildlife biologist Joe Wasilewski has hauled many scaly creatures out of South Florida lakes, canals and marshes over the years.

But the snappish four-footer he snared at the Redland Fruit & Spice Park was an unsettling surprise. It was a young crocodile, but not the typically timid native species. This was a Nile croc, infamous for its appetite for humans and savage attacks on wildebeest and other large animals along African rivers and watering holes.

The capture late last year appears to have been the first sighting -- at least officially -- of a Nile croc in the wilds of Florida. It wasn't the last. In April, a botanist photographed a second Nile of similar size on a Krome Avenue canal bank, also in the Redland community south of Miami. After eluding capture for months, that croc is now in hiding, whereabouts unknown. A report of third, caught in the same area three years ago, has surfaced since.

http://www.bradenton...ve-florida.html

Edited by Still Waters
Shortened length of copied text
  • Like 3

I didn't know some crocodiles are less aggressive than others. If we want to keep them perhaps we could replace the aggressive ones with the less aggressive one's around the world?

This is just great a Nile Croc in florida. Don't they enough to worry about with the snakes.

• Like 1

I'm just thankful we don't have crocodiles where I live!

Let's not make any laws that tell people what they can and cannot have as pets. Wouldn't want to infringe on someone's right to bring an invasive species into the country. :tu:

Killer Bees which wasn't even started here, pythons and now this. A lot of these animals are brought in illegally. If there have been this many sightings of these croc's I bet there's a breeding population.

Nile Crocodiles? That's terrifying!

If florida becomes a haven for Nile Crocodiles, you can kiss everyone's butts goodbye. It is a state of emergency and call for war in our own backyards.

Nile Crocodiles? That's terrifying!

If florida becomes a haven for Nile Crocodiles, you can kiss everyone's butts goodbye. It is a state of emergency and call for war in our own backyards.

Now that sounds like a good idea. Call out the National Guard and may be the marines and make a real effort to get rid of them.