Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brazilian TV ghost prank goes viral

Still Waters

Footage from Brazilian TV showing unwitting lift takers scared within an inch of their lives by a disturbing prank has become an internet hit.

The prank sees unwitting participants shepherded into an empty lift which begins to move before twitching to a halt. The unfortunate members of the public are then plunged into darkness as the lights flicker out.

Apparently inspired by the infamous character from cult horror movie The Ring, a pallid and unhappy looking girl then appears through a hidden door clutching a doll as the lights return and the screaming begins.

http://www.telegraph...goes-viral.html

I waould have seriously hurt someone after i p***ed my pants LOL

• Like 3

It would of been funny to of been there and witnessed people losing it.

I'd like to think I'd just be irritated as hell because I'm not really a kid person.

I'd probably say something like, "great now I have to find your mom." Then under my breath, "stupid brat".

• Like 1

Think I`d know it was a trick if someone appeared inside a locked lift . Cowering on the floor is a bit over the top .

Bet they all would have lost their sense of humour if someone had a heart attack when it happened.

Still, it was funny - would have been funnier and less likely to seriously impact the poor people in the elevator if they did it to two or three at a time, I would like someone to grab onto if I am scared witless and would see the funny side sooner if I wasn't so vulnerable in the first place.

• Like 1

It's easy to say. If you have someone sneaked on you, you'd probably understand the feeling. When you alone in your room, doing something, you turn your face, suddenly, you see a moving shape and got "surprise". It will take a brief moment to realize that it's your friend. Not to mention that he doesn't need to have a white lifeless face.

Those who got stuck in an elevator has already a scaring state.

And people wonder why i always carry a flash light with me, muahaha...

Now that is FREEEAKING hilarious. :rofl: The way some of them reacted made me chuckle my ass off. Kudos to the effects team for pulling it off. :tu::nw:

I already know how this could have been infinitely better........ and its called a fn MOTHION RIDE... They are in theme parks everywhere,and this video just plain seems CHEESY. I expected more from this....

and yes

FIGHT OR FLIGHT. I'm glad the little girl experiences the latter...

This ''prank'' seems funny, but it was way too cruel. Luckily, no one had a heart attack!

Edited by CuriousGreek
  • Like 2

I may have fallen for the bit on the first scream, but after that, it's time to handle the situation. I can't stand irritating noise, it literally makes me incredibly angry, ghost or not. Glad I was never on an elevator like that, punching a kid is not a good thing to have on one's record.

And come on, ghosts are transparent! It would've been better if they had a holographic projector mounted in the ceiling.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

I don't know. It's funny, but, as someone said, it's potentially dangerous for those with a weak heart or potential of stroke from a sudden increase in anxiety/blood pressure.

Scare a 6 year-old in a known Halloween "House of Horrors", not a 60 year old riding an elevator.

This prank, IMHO, was in poor taste and not respectful of others.

I HOWLED when I saw this. Props to those who thought it up and pulled it off, the double scare of elevator and creepy kid was mint. And for the fuddy duddys out there complaining about it, get a sense of humor, you are the reason there are fewer laughs in the world. :)

Things could of gone terribly wrong here they should have had another person in the lift who was in on the prank to help out just in case, but apart from that it was an okay prank but I've seen better on the old hidden camera show.

• Like 1

I thought it was funny...