Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's the best way...

thedudematt

Okay, so my original reason for coming here was because I have browsed this site before but in hopes for a reading. Although, I have questions about receiving true and honest psychic readings. In my experience from calling psychics, I seem to get a clearer reading if I am calm and focused on the subject with no distractions. But, beyond this crucial point, I find that there any many ways a "bad" psychic can take certain information and manipulate it in a way that's most obvious to you. I know this because I've tried it on almost all of my calls. The only time I could tell I had a good call is if I didn't put all my eggs in one basket and received several readings.

So my question is, for example, if my question is in regards to a certain other, what is this the best form of giving this information without providing too much?

I once had a call with someone a couple weeks ago to inquire on a few people I was talking to. However, I knew beforehand when reading off the names of the few, the psychic would ASSUME that the first one mentioned was my primary target. When she did this, I knew the reading was not going to be accurate. Because I specifically provided names of the few in a sporadic order so the psychic couldn't feed off the information.

Now I know some may be offended by this but I am looking for some deep insight in this profession so I can receive better results. Or maybe I have "some" psychic abilities myself because I can predict the reading I will get by knowing some psychology.

I remember I called numerous times for over a year about a girl who had left me ( i never spoke to her, not once). I could see the readings change among the few readers I selected over a period of time and a wedding and cake was mentioned. Soon after when all was done. I found out the whole time I was getting these readings. The person these people were reading on were the guy she ended up marrying... wanna know something???? The guy has the same first name. This is why I am eagerly asking for recommendations.

Thank you!!

(:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thedudematt

• Hamlyn

• charmcph

• spartan max2

Top Posters In This Topic

. However, I knew beforehand when reading off the names of the few, the psychic would ASSUME that the first one mentioned was my primary target.

I cant really help you but that is a clever trick to test if they are real or not :tu: . If i ever talk to a pyschic i will use that.

It's true, they would say "well let's talk about the first person mention, since she was on your mind first" They go under this assumption by standard psychology, however, I completely made it random to avoid such a response. Not like I am always putting psychics to the test but I don't understand why first thought is picked versus the following. I almost have to ask this question... "I'm speaking to 4 different people right now, I would like to know who is my strongest spiritual connection?" But again. the first named is always the assumption and I can't get passed that.

Hi thedudematt

I look at your name, and came up with some stuff, please let me know any conection?

a name ... mandy

sensitive, as you pick up on others emotions\feelings

marshmellows... camp fire

desert cactus

hot air balloons watching them

toad in a fish tank

broom using to clean a house

singer a women.... listening to her

talismon....spelling on that... necklace

moores....scotland relations

Matt,

Tell them you shuffled the names to present them in random order so as not to bias the reading.

It would be very interesting to read for you, as you're so engaged in the process and thoughtful.

Just communicate clearly to your reader about the way you're approaching the reading.

It's true, they would say "well let's talk about the first person mention, since she was on your mind first" They go under this assumption by standard psychology, however, I completely made it random to avoid such a response. Not like I am always putting psychics to the test but I don't understand why first thought is picked versus the following. I almost have to ask this question... "I'm speaking to 4 different people right now, I would like to know who is my strongest spiritual connection?" But again. the first named is always the assumption and I can't get passed that.

Then stop giving names out and stop playing games and do reduce the question to the simplest formatt - that being - "I'm speaking to 4 different people right now, I would like to know who is my strongest spiritual connection?" I don't even know why you would give more information than just that at all ???

You have to give the reader the chance to fill in the gaps with their perception - not yours, not your wants, not your needs - keep all of that to yourself and stop trying to control, judge, manipulate it. You see, all a reader can be expected to do is get a perception on you and what's going on around you and code it back to you. What you deem ultra important to be using psychics for in like checking up on a girl that left you, and getting information on women you are chasing, may not be what is even deemed as relevant or important enough to be getting that extra info on from your guides, or their guides. I personally only do readings for people who geinually need help and you fall into the category that is just for self getting and interest. Your reading requests aren't even about you. So my guides as they are telling me right now, are saying this is what you need to know.

You need to know the different methods readers use and ask your reader what their method is. For example, A clairvoyant/remote viewer/ energy reader will be able to connect and describe the physical identities, personalities enough, for you to determine which person they are actually perceiving and often be able to tell you their names. For this kind of reader you do not need to give names and upfront information outside of. If anything it infects the reading and plenty of readers go by this, so your smugness over using the psychology you do, is not that impressive. If you want to stop infecting your readings, stop playing this little game. Readers who use empathy, and their sensory perceptions or 'all the clairs' - are also fully capable of using their perceptions to fill in the greater picture of who is feeling what, or which energy is the strongest around you. Some readers may ask for a dob or a name - but they only do so as a focusing point to pull from.

Secondly - readers who use tarot cards - basically if a reader tells you they are using cards - ask them if they combine their cards with any other ability? many card readers use the cards as focusing tools, but are operating with some other ability/sense. Then there are readers out there that purely only use the cards and text book meanings and those are the ones you want to stay clear of, those are the ones who are more likely to use cold reading techniques and fall for dumb games like assuming the first name is the more important one etc.

-----------------------------

Hi thedudematt

I look at your name, and came up with some stuff, please let me know any conection?

a name ... mandy

sensitive, as you pick up on others emotions\feelings

marshmellows... camp fire

desert cactus

hot air balloons watching them

toad in a fish tank

broom using to clean a house

singer a women.... listening to her

talismon....spelling on that... necklace

moores....scotland relations

Mandy is about all I got from that. Im not sure how to interpret the rest. Scottland? It's close to the region of my heritage but again not sure how to interpret that. The only thing I can tie to, is Mandy was my childhood girlfriend. And just recently I believe I found her through a friend I've know for a few years now, via facebook. Married of course.

Hamlyn, I may try that but again. It is NEVER my intent to test psychics. I just have a feeling I'm to be careful on how I ask my questions. I'll reach out to you sometime this week via PM for a reading, when I can focus more. I'm curious to what you can see. Thanks!

Then stop giving names out and stop playing games and do reduce the question to the simplest formatt - that being - "I'm speaking to 4 different people right now, I would like to know who is my strongest spiritual connection?" I don't even know why you would give more information than just that at all ???

You have to give the reader the chance to fill in the gaps with their perception - not yours, not your wants, not your needs - keep all of that to yourself and stop trying to control, judge, manipulate it. You see, all a reader can be expected to do is get a perception on you and what's going on around you and code it back to you. What you deem ultra important to be using psychics for in like checking up on a girl that left you, and getting information on women you are chasing, may not be what is even deemed as relevant or important enough to be getting that extra info on from your guides, or their guides. I personally only do readings for people who geinually need help and you fall into the category that is just for self getting and interest. Your reading requests aren't even about you. So my guides as they are telling me right now, are saying this is what you need to know.

You need to know the different methods readers use and ask your reader what their method is. For example, A clairvoyant/remote viewer/ energy reader will be able to connect and describe the physical identities, personalities enough, for you to determine which person they are actually perceiving and often be able to tell you their names. For this kind of reader you do not need to give names and upfront information outside of. If anything it infects the reading and plenty of readers go by this, so your smugness over using the psychology you do, is not that impressive. If you want to stop infecting your readings, stop playing this little game. Readers who use empathy, and their sensory perceptions or 'all the clairs' - are also fully capable of using their perceptions to fill in the greater picture of who is feeling what, or which energy is the strongest around you. Some readers may ask for a dob or a name - but they only do so as a focusing point to pull from.

Secondly - readers who use tarot cards - basically if a reader tells you they are using cards - ask them if they combine their cards with any other ability? many card readers use the cards as focusing tools, but are operating with some other ability/sense. Then there are readers out there that purely only use the cards and text book meanings and those are the ones you want to stay clear of, those are the ones who are more likely to use cold reading techniques and fall for dumb games like assuming the first name is the more important one etc.

-----------------------------

Sorry people I didn't know I could multi quote on here.

bLu3 de 3n3rgy:

I gave them names because they asked for them. When a psychic asks me for information, such as birth dates and such, I really just give up and give it to them because I'm more curious as to what they will come up with. I feel if I resist to answer a question, it can build a resistance in my reading. Make sense? Sorry if I was not clear on that. I did put it out there that some on here would would be offended by my post, I'm sorry if I upset you. I want to clarify I do NOT test psychics. I am just careful on my questions because over my years in experience of calling psychics and seeing them, I have learned to pick up the good and bad ones. The only way I can do so is by asking the carefully ask my questions so information isn't manipulated back to me. I never meant to impress anyone with the way I ask questions. My simple request was insight on what is the best way to ask these questions? What information should be left out, etc? What if a psychic asks for specifics and you feel uncomfortable in doing so?

Thank you for the advice with speaking to clairvoyants, remote viewers, etc. I will remember that in the future. Although, I have spoken to many of these types and I've had more than a handful ask for specific information. Again, I'm not playing a game. I'm being careful in representing myself to ensure I receive a proper reading. I know that centering myself, focusing on my questions and subjects beforehand will deem me a good reading. I guess I'm just wondering what do I do if they ask for this information? And I'd like to ask, for example when asking about 3 or so different people, why is it's the psychics assumption that the first one mentioned is my priority thought?

Like I said above, I called for maybe 8 months or so on one person whom left me. I never spoke to her and listened to what psychics guided me with. The good hand of readers I had we're hinting that marriage was down the road, and they saw a cake. To my surprise, she was actually engaged the whole time and got married that June. lol And what made me wonder was... well the guy's name is Matt too... did I spent all those months getting readings, being patient, doing my own thing, only to find out the future of another Matt? I was mind boggled by it. Since then I have been careful.