Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carl Sagan Called it an Abomination

and-then

at what point does mankind stop and say Maybe we shouldnt do this. :td:

Sadly the answer to that is usually "When it's not cost effective and profitable."

• Like 1

Your grand kids will have it. In fact, they'll think a sky without ads is as quaint as a rotary telephone.

• Like 1

Your grand kids will have it. In fact, they'll think a sky without ads is as quaint as a rotary telephone.

They might think our society obssessed with devising pointless consumer products that no one really needs and selling them to people who never knew that they couldn't live without it, purely in order to make global megacorporations even richer, is as quaint as feudalism.

• Like 1

It's been about 10 years since this trial balloon was floated and we've heard no more about it so I sincerely hope the ad companies have realized it would be a counter productive effort. But with the mores of the world changing so rapidly I don't hold hope it will be avoided forever. It would make me very angry and very sad if it became a reality.

Why think first space adverts will be for Coke or Bic Macs, more likely you will see adverts for Gazprom or Aeroflot....

Or perhaps first space adverts will be from China and they will just say "Buy Everything!" because by then everything will be made in China...