Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Beast of Bray Road

tyrant lizard

I'm sure most of you guys have heard of the Beast of Bray Road. I was just wondering why it's been labelled as a werewolf and not a bigfoot. From the descriptions I've heard I can't see any defining differences.

The Beast of Bray Road is not a werewolf, it is a creature known as the Dogman. It is not a Sasquatch, but a totally different species and is very violent and kills humans and anything it wants to kill and eat. That creature is something everyone needs to avoid, period. I know this to be true because of it's DNA and the actions it has taken to hurt and/or kill humans, pets, just whatever, including tearing open a metal camping trailer to kill all 5 of the family members within the trailer in Kentucky at The Land Between The Lakes Campgrounds..

Look this creature up and you can find all kinds of info about it on-line.

It's DNA? What do you mean by that, Susiq2?

The Beast of Bray Road is not a werewolf, it is a creature known as the Dogman. It is not a Sasquatch, but a totally different species and is very violent and kills humans and anything it wants to kill and eat. That creature is something everyone needs to avoid, period. I know this to be true because of it's DNA and the actions it has taken to hurt and/or kill humans, pets, just whatever, including tearing open a metal camping trailer to kill all 5 of the family members within the trailer in Kentucky at The Land Between The Lakes Campgrounds..

I thought it was in Wisconsin.

The Bray Road Beast and other beasts in the area are usually described as more canine than bigfoot. That chunk of Wisconsin is just more prone to wolf stories than bigfoot stories. Personally, I think it's a combination of what kinds of immigrants settled into the area, bringing their wolf stories with them, and the natural populations of wolves and particularly coyotes in the area.

I grew up in the area. We had lots of weird stories, but bigfoot just wasn't part of it.. Canines were.

You make it sound as if the 'dogman' which is similar to a werewolf surely, has been proven to be real. is this true? Is there some kind of manhunt (or doghunt) going on for this thing?

I know this to be true because of it's DNA and the actions it has taken to hurt and/or kill humans, pets, just whatever, including tearing open a metal camping trailer to kill all 5 of the family members within the trailer in Kentucky at The Land Between The Lakes Campgrounds..

I can't find any reports of this. A creature that can tear open a trailer and kill five people would be very newsworthy since no known animal can do this.

• Like 1

The Dogman is more of a Michigan thing- it's basis is most commonly attributed to a radio station hoax from the 80's. SE Wisconsin does more of a beast or werewolf thing- Bray Road Beast, Jefferson Beast, Whitewater werewolves...

Not all accounts of them are incredibly violent either. One of the earliest reports from the 30's makes the beast out to be quite, um, decent- it even tries to communicate verbally with the witness.

The Land Between Lakes werewolf is a completely separate story from the Michigan Dogman and the SE WI beasts. That story probably comes from the early 2000's, though it sometimes accredits a curse leading back much further.

• Like 1

I watched the "Beast of Bray Road" on netflix the other day. According to that movie it is a werewolf. A funky weird looking werewolf, that can ape swing up into trees, but still... a werewolf. It even runs around on all fours like in the viral video on the Dogman.

Personnally, I don't believe in werewolves, or dogmen, and if it is anything (other then human, of course), it has to be a bigfoot.

• Like 1

I watched the "Beast of Bray Road" on netflix the other day. According to that movie it is a werewolf. A funky weird looking werewolf, that can ape swing up into trees, but still... a werewolf. It even runs around on all fours like in the viral video on the Dogman.

Personnally, I don't believe in werewolves, or dogmen, and if it is anything (other then human, of course), it has to be a bigfoot.

Wow if its capable of that no wonder its an efficient killer

have there ever been any credible evidence that a human has been killed by this beast... this is apparently a large creature that needs sustanance to stay alive.. im sure it has a pretty healthy appetitite....you are implying that this thing must kill a human every (or large creature)other day or so to stay alive. IM sure bray road has limited food source....... hence why it tracked a family all the way to Kentucky from wisconsin (kidding)... i am also curious as to the DNA claim here... and the fact that the beast is reported being hundreds of miles south of its homeland/namesake

I've read numerous accounts and have read almost all of Linda Godfrey's books on the subject. She is well known and has posted many theories However, in the thousands of accounts that she has gathered, there hasn't been any "attacks" by the Beast of Bray road or any beast relating to it. However, there have been accounts where the beast is stalking or chasing the witness. This well known, but he has never as far as my research showed, ever attacked a human. It's more of he likes to scare the crap out of people.

By the way, there are believed to be many beasts. Linda Godfrey and other Cryptic-zoologists have studied reports from almost ever state in the US and various countries all over the world. Many don't think he is a were-wolf because he has been seen on many occasions when the moon was not full.

He is considered to be more canine because of how his teeth show, the shape of his head, a predominant muzzle, German Shepard like ears and has a tail. These are just a few characteristics, he also known to howl.

Does this help?

• Like 2

I watched that film. Go that was bad!

I'm of the same opinion as you. Or maybe someone just saw a coyote with glowing eyes by the side of the road and imagination made up the rest

This well known, but he has never as far as my research showed, ever attacked a human. It's more of he likes to scare the crap out of people.

Sounds almost like a Dr Who monster... "What does it feed on?"... "Fear."... "What?"... "Fear. It feeds on the emotional energy created by Fear."

I watched that film. Go that was bad!

HA!

I watched Dracula 3000 that same night. That movie was a LOT worse. I should have googled that one first... Blehhhhccckkkk!!

They did have a werewolf episode on Doctor Who...this now reminds me of Scarecrow from "Batman."

They did have a werewolf episode on Doctor Who...this now reminds me of Scarecrow from "Batman."

\

One of the first ones in the new series. Some kind of alien virus, or something... The Queens jewel in the crazy man's telescope took it out.

The whole story is a fabrication with the fact the guy lost a deer carcase out of the back of his truck. Wolf ,coyotes or Black Bear is the most logical conclusion.

Oh wait a minute! It was a big hairy monster! ( I forgot, never let the facts get in the way of a good story! ) :tsu:

Edited by ROGER

• 7 months later...

I can't find any reports of this. A creature that can tear open a trailer and kill five people would be very newsworthy since no known animal can do this.

I'm no expert, but I think a bear could do it easily.

It looks like this thread is pretty well dead, but while reading a different thread about a strange creature, I thought I'd try to learn more and I found this:

[media=]

[/media]

edited to add: This video clip features the same Linda Godfrey who was mentioned by DarkwingsDescending in post #13. She (Linda) evidently writes books on cryptozoology. I haven't read any of them yet, but I bet they would be interesting.

Edited by Gummug

Guys, its Micheal Jackson from Thriller, no need to fear him, he's just misunderstood.

In all seriousness, this freaks me out, i've always had this fear of being attack by some kind of beast, and i can't shake the Beast of Bray Road. I don't have nightmares from it anymore, but when i hear a strange noise in the woods i'm just like RUN AWAY. if it is real, i'm staying the heck outta Wisconsin. I think some beast are real, who knows what kind of animals haven't been discovered yet. Maybe its one of them.

• Like 1

It truly amazes me that some people can believe this kind of nonsense :no:

I believe it. Not werewolfs per say, but beast. Yeah, dog like beasts.

• Like 1

I believe it. Not werewolfs per say, but beast. Yeah, dog like beasts.

One wonders if some animals aren't smart enough to remain hidden from humans. Iirc, the first reports from Africa of discovering the gorillas were not believed...people thought they were hoaxing, or mistaking something for something else I guess. A friend of mine believes that Bigfoot (I know this thread is about the beast of Bray road but by extension, what he believes could apply) is an interdimensional being. I know this is edging into tinfoil hat territory, but I'm thinking, "why not?". There's so much about the universe we don't know! "And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know" 1 Corinthians 8:2 King James Bible

edited 'cuz seems like I always need to

Edited by Gummug