Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman leaves $12.5M estate to neighbour

DKO

A RICH but lonely old lady has left her entire estate, worth $12.5 million to her neighbour, who bought her bread and milk and helped her manage her daily chores.

Betty Harris, who died aged 95 in 2009, chose to leave her estate to her neighbour in the millionaires enclave of Point Piper in Sydney after she felt her niece was trying to force her into a nursing home.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/national/rich-lonely-woman-betty-harris-who-died-aged-95-leaves-125-million-estate-to-neighbour/story-fndo4gtr-1226525357023

• Like 1

Im going to start helping old rich people now lol

Well if both her and her neighbor lived in the millionaire's enclave then her neighbor was already a millionaire.

The gesture is still appreciated even in context.

Tomorrow i am going out to buy loads of milk and bread and distribute one of each to all the old ladies living on their own in a big house...you never know. ;)

The niece clearly felt threatened by the close relationship Mrs Harris had with the neighbours - so why wasn't she there instead? Doing those things her Aunt needed done? Easing her loneliness? And where were the rest of the nieces and nephews?

• Like 1

The niece clearly felt threatened by the close relationship Mrs Harris had with the neighbours - so why wasn't she there instead? Doing those things her Aunt needed done? Easing her loneliness? And where were the rest of the nieces and nephews?

Probably a bit more to the story. The little old darlin' might have been a royal terror to be around :w00t: As an X Ray technologist i once had a 102 year old woman offer to "give me her fist" if I hurt her anymore while taking a portable chest film. I was being as gentle as was possible. She must have been hell on wheels when she was younger :)
  • Like 2