Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indian river so polluted it's a sea of foam

Still Waters

At first glance these beautiful images appear to show a frozen river caked in fresh snow.

But these photographs actually reveal the shocking extent of pollution of the Yamuna River in India that has caused a thick layer of foam to completely cover it.

Parts of the Yamuna are now described as a 'dead river' meaning the pollution level is so bad that there is not enough oxygen in it for fish or other marine life to survive.

http://www.dailymail...oon-ritual.html

• Like 2

What are they complianing about? With all those soap bubbles, it must be the cleanest river in the world.

• Like 1

Too much detergent in washing-machine. Happens to me all the time. 'Tis like a tidal wave of Tide.

Edited by Eldorado

And the Great Lakes are becoming plasticsised, acccording to a Lady on Google (part of todays news). However all of the crocs at the mouth of the River Ganges (India), are fat and healthy, as they send their dead floating down, they also bathe,wash,empty effluent in, and wash their clothing and boil the water up for tea making,I have personally seen this, I guess that they are immune to germs.

• Like 1

This is a crying shame. Keep polluting and having kids then there won't be any fresh water left that will support anything including humans.

• Like 2

Its hard to understand how it got polluted in the first place ...

Most of the pollution is centered around Delhi where 18 drains dump 600 million gallons of sewage in the river every year.

Yeah I think I will give swimming in it a miss thanks ....

TiP.

• Like 1

How awefull.

People need to understand the importance of clean water.

• Like 1

Its hard to understand how it got polluted in the first place ...

Yeah I think I will give swimming in it a miss thanks ....

TiP.

Yep (ref post #4) try the Ganges instead.
  • Like 1

We have areas here which have become Indian "communities" and believe me, they are becoming like sludge ghettos. I am not sure if it is a

"culture" thing among some of them, but their sense of hygiene is zero.

• Like 1

And it all washes out into the oceans. Just great.

• Like 1

Not to worry. FOX News told me humans can't do anything to change the environment, so party on.

• Like 3

People not only in India, but everyone around the world, must learn to respect and protect the environment. Not only animals, but even we, humans, won't be able to live, if this kind of massive pollution goes on :(

Indian government has spent nearly £200 million trying to clean up the 'dead river'

Going by the pics, I wouldn't say it was money well spent!

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil