Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN votes to recognize the state of Palestine

buckskin scout

I remember a old guy on TV in the 70's who had a religious program on Saturdays. He was wild eyed and pounded the table - and his Bible :) He was always predicting odd things that people laughed at. One of his favorites was that Europeans would dissolve their boundaries, not need passports to travel within Europe and would have one currency. He predicted they would become a US of Europe. He said America would be broken in the pride of it's power and had won it's last great war. He said Europe's central government would have a leader come to power who would make peace in the M.E. and attempt to rule the whole world. Crazy old sod......

70's eh? The EU was in the process of making since the 50's, with France and Germany as the initiators and one of the points was a borderless travel across Europe. So this guy was reading newspapers and sold them to some as bible or his own phrophecies. Laughable, realy. AT you are better then that buddy.

• Like 3

I am saying they are becoming the world's super powers.

Not really likely. India doesn't even have a permanent seat on the security council and it's army, despite being rather large, is for defensive purposes and the Indians have no global military ambitions. The Chinese might, but their ability to back up what they say is sorely lacking.

• Like 1

70's eh? The EU was in the process of making since the 50's, with France and Germany as the initiators and one of the points was a borderless travel across Europe. So this guy was reading newspapers and sold them to some as bible or his own phrophecies. Laughable, realy. AT you are better then that buddy.

Odas there is a contrarian answer for everything a person of faith says and I realize it well. But the bottom line is that those who CHOOSE not to believe despite any evidence will be held to account by their own actions. I don't know how old you are but if you live long enough I believe that you will see a Europe that is structured as a Federal government with an awesome military machine. National borders and customs will blur to the point where young people will accept a European identity rather than considering themselves as French or Spanish or German. This new entity will dominate the world for a brief period but will ultimately fail utterly. Did the newspapers report that as well? Good luck with that lack of faith in anything greater than myself attitude.

Last time i looked Europe wasn't that united,a group of member states with their own agenda,interpretation is key and you could read the Bible for the next ten years and basically mould World events to fit the text.

Personally i've got better things to do..

True. Its exactly what the bible predicted. Interpretation has nothing to do with it. Nor is there a need to mold anything. He is the God who tells us the end from the begining. I do understand why folks blow it off, but in 99% of cases, they dont know anything about biblical prophecy. And I think I stand on firm ground when I say you know nothing about it.

• Like 1

Time to choose what? Obviously what is happening is the will of God, right? There is nothing for us for to as the Mayans are proven right about 12-21.2012, right? Well what do I know? The Greeks thought the gods were behind their wars, so why not believe the God of Abraham is behind the present conflict and the prediction of the end of one cycle and beginning of a new one.

Its time to choose if you are for, or against Christ.

Nice to see this thread has developed into fairy tale hour,chicken little syndrome comes to mind.

http://www.urbandict...Little Syndrome

Not one person here who is mocking biblical prophecy, know anything about it. How could anything come to mind regarding a subject you know nothing about? Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Not one person here who is mocking biblical prophecy, know anything about it. How could anything come to mind regarding a subject you know nothing about? Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Kind of reminds me of the accounts of how the people acted just prior to the flood. Sad, isn't it? Hebrews 2:3 says it all...

how will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? After it was at the first spoken through the Lord, it was confirmed to us by those who heard,

I never mock biblical prophecy, and I happened to have studied the subject matter extensively. But what I mock is how people so blindly and foolishly follow what they are told by their preachers or holy men.

The Christian Zionists' outrageous claims that we are living in the end times and that biblical prophecy is being fulfilled daily as the Lord prepares to ‘rapture’ the good are all based primarily on the Scofield Reference Bible. It’s pathetically sad that Cyrus I. Scofield and his heretical "Bible" continue today to be idolized by Southern Baptist leaders, Pentecostal and charismatic teachers, and millions of deceived evangelicals.

An excellent article entitled ‘The Zionist created Scofield Bible’ by C.E. Carlson provides tremendous history and insight into the lies of Christian Zionism. http://rense.com/general60/zcre.htm

Jesus Himself would label Christian Zionism an abomination since it is contrary to everything He taught. Millions of Christians have unknowingly lost their souls to the devil.

Texe Marrs provides some interesting reads on the subject on his website:

“In fact, as documented in Joseph Canfield’s stunning exposé book, The Incredible Scofield and His Book. Scofield planted "Judaizer seeds" in his Bible commentaries denying Christ’s heavenly kingdom, whereas Jesus had proclaimed to Pilate, "My kingdom is not of this world" (John 18:36)…

Scofield and his Talmudic Jewish mentors conceived of a coming worldly kingdom led by powerful Jews who would reign over inferior Gentiles for a thousand years. Jewish rabbis everywhere must be laughing hysterically that the preposterous Scofield scam has worked out so beautifully over the years.”

Quoted From Texe Marrs:

http://www.jesus-is-...es/scofield.htm

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN

From your article

The scheme was to alter the Christian view of Zionism by creating and promoting a pro-Zionist subculture within Christianity. Scofield's role was to re-write the King James Version of the Bible by inserting Zionist-friendly notes in the margins, between verses and chapters, and on the bottoms of the pages. The Oxford University Press used Scofield, a pastor by then, as the Editor, probably because it needed such as man for a front. The revised bible was called the Scofield Reference Bible, and with limitless advertising and promotion, it became a best-selling "bible" in America and has remained so for 90 years.

I'll give him one thing, he has a wild imagination. Considering most biblical prophecy is found in the old test, the dead sea scrolls debunk this theory though. Care to take another wack at it?

You only have to look at the creation in Genesis to see how absurd the bible is.

Day 1 - God created light and separated the light from the darkness, calling light "day" and darkness "night.

Day 4 - God created the sun, moon, and the stars to give light to the earth and to govern and separate the day and the night. These would also serve as signs to mark seasons, days, and years.

Light is created 3 days before he creates the Sun,and day and night also.

Edited by shaddow134

Essentially that is what the book of Revelation is about. It is the revealing of the Person who will bring a new age for humanity. The leader and King who will rule and reign for the good of all humanity. It's not a message of doom and gloom even though a vast number of people will die. The truth is that "nothing for us to do" is a measure of frustration that humans cannot continue to have our own way even though we have proven countless times that we don't know the way of peace. So the near destruction of our species will be stopped and the remnant who remain will finally be teachable. I look forward to being in that remnant and I hope you are there too.

Book of revelation? Why not Jose Arguelles book "The Mayan Factor"? I think this book provides a more comprehensive explanation of what is happening.

For sure our way must be alined with the laws of nature, and that is what democracy is suppose to be about, but unless we educated for that we can not manifest the democracy we are supposed to be. For sure, the 1958 National Defense Education Act, hijacked our democracy, and turned us into a military machine, and this might have something to do with God's plan and the end of world as we know it?

Of course those who survive will be humbled, but I am not sure it will be the humble who dominate. I think it is more likely it is the aggressors who will dominate. I don't think humanity would have progressed without the aggressors, and I don't think many would survive without them. Democracy is about uniting and keeping those aggressors in line with the good for all. To make this comply with this thread, the problem in Israel is it is not a true democracy, and non Jews do not have equality. For sure Muslims are prevented from entering the circle of power in Israel. We need to be talking about Israel's politics and bring to light why there is a conflict between them and others. I keep thinking, Rome drove them out, and wondering if today we are seeing why the Roman's drove them out? Jews who oppose Israel and the Zionist movement, argue it is not God's will for Jews to return to Israel. It could be that the Zionist Jews are going against the will of God, unless it is the will of a God to use war to destroy most of life on earth, and then is that a God we want to worship?

Edited by me-wonders

If the Jews who currently inhabit Israel are "illegitimate" in some way then it sure is taking a long time for them to be displaced. Personally I think that argument smells rather like another tired evil in code but I don't care to debate that endlessly as it does no good. If I and many other Christian Zionists are wrong then Israel will fall to her enemies. If you can seriously look at the region and say there is a better system of government there now or in the past 6 decades then I would have to wonder for your reasoning ability. By any measure you can cite, Israelis are freer and more prosperous than any of their neighbors. And every citizen - Palestinian Arab included - has a vote. There are even non Jewish MK's. If your point is that no non Jewish person can be PM or president I agree. Israel is a state that was conceived as a Jewish homeland. In every other place they have ever settled they have been stolen from, libeled and brutalized just for being Jews. If they become a minority in Israel they would have the same thing happen to them there. They would be subjected to dhimmitude within a couple of generations. They choose not to let that happen again and the world is in no position to force it.

You only have to look at the creation in Genesis to see how absurd the bible is.

Day 1 - God created light and separated the light from the darkness, calling light "day" and darkness "night.

Day 4 - God created the sun, moon, and the stars to give light to the earth and to govern and separate the day and the night. These would also serve as signs to mark seasons, days, and years.

Light is created 3 days before he creates the Sun,and day and night also.

Well nebula are bright aren't they?

And nebula are proto-solar systems. So there'd be light before the sun forms because of the luminous matter within the nebula.

We'd not have had a sun in the very early days of the formation of the solar system, but there's a good chance of some illumination.

Well nebula are bright aren't they?

And nebula are proto-solar systems. So there'd be light before the sun forms because of the luminous matter within the nebula.

We'd not have had a sun in the very early days of the formation of the solar system, but there's a good chance of some illumination.

Yeah but then you wouldn't have any distinction between night and day would there.Seriously though,the Bible cannot be trusted as a historical account of early man and despite what some may say is purely based on Interpretation depending on your own beliefs.

At the end of the day i am not judging anyone because of their beliefs,i'm just saying i don't believe in Prophecy and don't view anything in Revelations as Prophecy.Just the Writings of a guy who was writing in code because he was on the run from the Romans.

If the Jews who currently inhabit Israel are "illegitimate" in some way then it sure is taking a long time for them to be displaced. Personally I think that argument smells rather like another tired evil in code but I don't care to debate that endlessly as it does no good. If I and many other Christian Zionists are wrong then Israel will fall to her enemies. If you can seriously look at the region and say there is a better system of government there now or in the past 6 decades then I would have to wonder for your reasoning ability. By any measure you can cite, Israelis are freer and more prosperous than any of their neighbors. And every citizen - Palestinian Arab included - has a vote. There are even non Jewish MK's. If your point is that no non Jewish person can be PM or president I agree. Israel is a state that was conceived as a Jewish homeland. In every other place they have ever settled they have been stolen from, libeled and brutalized just for being Jews. If they become a minority in Israel they would have the same thing happen to them there. They would be subjected to dhimmitude within a couple of generations. They choose not to let that happen again and the world is in no position to force it.

Isreal doesn't need to fall,both sides need to change their doctrine and how they view each other.

Personally speaking,i think both sides could live with each other but there will need to be a major change of viewpoints.

Isreal doesn't need to fall,both sides need to change their doctrine and how they view each other.

Personally speaking,i think both sides could live with each other but there will need to be a major change of viewpoints.

I agree completely. In any other situation where two groups have such a dispute people have historically been able to find a solution but these two..... as you know, I am a believer and look to scripture as my frame of reference. This situation reminds me of God's "hardening of pharaoh's heart" when Moses was sent to deliver the people of Israel from Egypt. God actually used pharaoh to "make His point" and show His power for future generations of humans to see and respect. I think this otherwise fixable situation is being created supernaturally by God to do the same thing. He is creating a "teaching moment" for the human race. It seems almost evil from a human POV but have we done any better ourselves? I think this war between these two members of the same bloodline was always intended to be a final lesson on the futility of hatred and warfare. I think it will be the catalyst that pushes the whole world to the edge of extinction.

From your article

The scheme was to alter the Christian view of Zionism by creating and promoting a pro-Zionist subculture within Christianity. Scofield's role was to re-write the King James Version of the Bible by inserting Zionist-friendly notes in the margins, between verses and chapters, and on the bottoms of the pages. The Oxford University Press used Scofield, a pastor by then, as the Editor, probably because it needed such as man for a front. The revised bible was called the Scofield Reference Bible, and with limitless advertising and promotion, it became a best-selling "bible" in America and has remained so for 90 years.

I'll give him one thing, he has a wild imagination. Considering most biblical prophecy is found in the old test, the dead sea scrolls debunk this theory though. Care to take another wack at it?

Not as wild an imagination as Hagee and the minions that shallow the Christian Zionist trite, hook, line, and sinker.

And neither is Carlson's article debunked by the dead sea scrolls, that's an absolutely absurd statement.

It's an established fact that many Christian Zionist still use the Scofield's Reference Bible (SRB), some groups have just recently added the new Dead Sea Bible, but the SRB remains their main bible study tool.

Not as wild an imagination as Hagee and the minions that shallow the Christian Zionist trite, hook, line, and sinker.

And neither is Carlson's article debunked by the dead sea scrolls, that's an absolutely absurd statement.

It's an established fact that many Christian Zionist still use the Scofield's Reference Bible (SRB), some groups have just recently added the new Dead Sea Bible, but the SRB remains their main bible study tool.

WOW...I don't think I've ever been considered a "minion" before. Things are looking up :w00t: Seriously though, are you really tossing a group that consists of millions of well meaning, often quite productive and responsible people into the category of mentally feeble just because they have a religious belief in the right of Jews to return to land that cannot be denied to be their historical heritage? Seems a bit harsh. Truth is that many of the Jews in Israel probably laugh in amazement at what they consider to be the gullibility of Christian Zionists as well. It's a sincerely held belief nonetheless. I've always used the KJ or NKJ for worship and study. The propaganda you mention may very well be real - I don't know and cannot speak to it. I think that most of the anti Israel crowd - lets face it, that's what it really comes down to - are well meaning. They are simply trying to support the perceived under dog in this conflict. When I was very young, that's what attracted me to support of Israel long before I did so for religious reasons. It's ironic that their success at survival has marked them as the evil in the equation but I guess it's difficult to shake off the hatred of millennia.