Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Searching for a Specific Type of Book

butterflysdust

I've been searching for a paranormal non-fiction book in which the author speaks about case studies, or especially actual research and experimentation that they have done within the field.

Does anyone know of any books like this?

Thanks in advance :)

Paranormal is a big field. Can you narrow it down?

Any topic with the paranormal really that they have done actual research with, but I guess more specifically interested in ghosts and/or psychic phenomena.

• 2 weeks later...

When I started reading I found used book stores in the yellow pages. In a city of 35k I found a book store with over 250,000 titles on every subject.

I have a book at home based on case studies of poltergeist activity. I think it's actually titled Poltergeists but I'm not positive. I'll try to remember to look at it when I get home and reply back on here with what it's called and who it's by.

You could start with The Occult by Colin Wilson then Beyond the Occult... the author gaves lots of names and references

I liked 'Conjuring Up Philip: An Adventure in Psychokinesis' by Iris Owen. It follows an experiment conducted in the early 1970s by the Toronto Society for Psychical Research to see if they could create a ghost. Hint: never underestimate the power of the human mind!

Not ghosts, but Whitley Streiber's supposed true account in 'Communion' of he and his son's ongoing allien abductions was very interesting--plus, I couldn't sleep at night while I was reading it (too freaked out) and could not leave the book's cover face up (the picture of the alien on the front scared the be-jeebies outta me).

• Like 1

Oh man...Communion...the book not only gave me the freaks years ago but so did the Christopher Walken movie...."Little blue MEN!!" :) Ill check my library of books and get back to ya on what I'd recommend.