Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth

Bendy Demon

I watched this time lapse video taken from the ISS (International Space Station)

and for a moment I was amazed at the magnitude of our planet.

Here is the link to the video

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/video/2012/nov/29/earth-international-space-station-timelapse-video

I mean, for a second I was thinking to myself "This is MY planet..I live on that enormous thing."

At certain points you will see the Northern Lights from above or the millions of meteors, probably the size of a grain of sand, streaming into our atmosphere only to be vaporized before anyone notices them

I don't know...it was just neat to see our world from such a perspective

• Like 1

I watched this time lapse video taken from the ISS (International Space Station)

and for a moment I was amazed at the magnitude of our planet.

Here is the link to the video

http://www.guardian....timelapse-video

I mean, for a second I was thinking to myself "This is MY planet..I live on that enormous thing."

At certain points you will see the Northern Lights from above or the millions of meteors, probably the size of a grain of sand, streaming into our atmosphere only to be vaporized before anyone notices them

I don't know...it was just neat to see our world from such a perspective

that was pretty cool thanks :)

That one is cool. What I like from the view from space there are no borders. We are one humanity.

This one is my favorite.

• Like 2

That one is very awesome as well.

It's true..despite our cultural, religious, political and philosophical differences, we are one huge race.

Sad to think that beneath all that serenity there is strife, hate and war.

• Like 2

Incredible.

I can only wonder what it is like to actually see this with your own eyes! Must be mind-blowing!

Imagine if we could do the same the thing, say above Mars! Now THAT would be unbelievable! I suppose we can only imagine that for the moment.

Edited by Mr. Bergstrom

Videos such as this do give you a feeling of magnitude... however, check out the Google 100,000 stars project to get a feeling of just how miniscule we are....

I wish I was able to go into space and watch this with my own eyes. I think I would shed a tear. Our home so beautiful, yet we destroy it everyday. . .(sigh)

Our Planet is the most amazing of all...But think of it..Some People Are destroying it ..