Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Russian Defense Ministry UFO statements

JimOberg

On Saturday about two dozen news stories in Moscow appeared, quoting various Russian military leaders about the new Air & Space Defense Command, and how it's ready to protect the motherland against all threats up to and including UFOs -- but the generals then add, 'Of course we haven't encountered any real UFOs yet."

I can't find any English language material from there, on this theme. Sorry I don't have time to translate any myself for the moment, but even machine translation on searched items with 'NLO' [russian for UFO] might provide some insights.

I have no clue what prompted this media outburst but will be able to pay a little more attention in a day or two.

but the generals then add, 'Of course we haven't encountered any real UFOs yet."

Yeah, well they have said different things before, haven't they.

You know it and so do I.

Sounds like the fairly standard "We will defend the Motherland against anything anyone may try to throw at us, comrades". I suspect the UFOs are probably rhetorical.

On Saturday about two dozen news stories in Moscow appeared, quoting various Russian military leaders about the new Air & Space Defense Command, and how it's ready to protect the motherland against all threats up to and including UFOs -- but the generals then add, 'Of course we haven't encountered any real UFOs yet."

I can't find any English language material from there, on this theme. Sorry I don't have time to translate any myself for the moment, but even machine translation on searched items with 'NLO' [russian for UFO] might provide some insights.

I have no clue what prompted this media outburst but will be able to pay a little more attention in a day or two.

Can you post links to those stories (material in original language way more better than translations, especially UFO related)?

I think this is "tounge in cheek". Yesterday was first anniverary of formation of Air and Space Defence, and with the hysteria among some people about 21 December, they was simply being sarcastic about this nonsense. This end of world nonsense becomes a problem. Companies make money from selling survival kits, charlatans sell books, and gullible people become frightened. The emergencies ministry now has hotline for frightened people to call about end of world, ridiculous! In Peterburg some of the worst charlatans, such as Fomenko, come under official attack, and there is concern about the huge heap of nonsense online, particulary Youtube, about end of world....

[...]Companies make money from selling survival kits, charlatans sell books, and gullible people become frightened. The emergencies ministry now has hotline for frightened people to call about end of world, ridiculous! In Peterburg some of the worst charlatans, such as Fomenko, come under official attack, and there is concern about the huge heap of nonsense online, particulary Youtube, about end of world....

I wonder if there is any legal way to sue those half-witted-morons-shouldn't-be allowed-to-procreate-apocalypse-peddlers? They're already making damages: few days ago local media published story about 55 year old woman who, following L.Maslov's "teachings", decided to get rid of all her belongings (living apartments as well). That's freaking crime.

I wonder if there is any legal way to sue

Administration in Peter want them all banned. If they make local law, and other big cities follow, then only matter of time before there will be federal law against those people. problem is censorship though, and also how to legislate against peoples stupidity. Sure you know very many believe in UFO, energy vampires and such nonsense. So it's education, but church gets more power everyday and soon priests will be able to enter politics. Seems sometimes we go backwards more than forwards and прекрасное далёко seems very far away......

Maybe they know something at least Russains will share their informations from the likes of US.. anyways there are currently loads of space programs going on and in 20-30 years will know if someone is coming here or it is already here or whatever...

Hey Jim,

The MoD's Condign report talks about some things that the Russians had told to the MoD about UFOs which might discount the above disclaimer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LxRhp3WjHFI[/media]

video of said activity. Its supposedly from this week. BTW I like this guys videos. If nothing else even for the skeptics there entertaining.

Edited by AsteroidX