Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Nosey Game

Miss Shadows

I have no question to answer...sob, sniff. :passifier::-* Ah well, never mind.

Have you ever been to sea on a proper ship? (Not a boat, yacht etc. - the real deal.)

A 'proper' ship? I've gone kayaking with friends several times buy canoeing I prefer to do alone, always a very spiritual experience for me with where I go and all...

Nope, never been out to sea on any kind of old fashioned, row row row your boat vessel. Truth be told water like that would make me uncomfortable.

Do you have any tattoos? If so what was the 'motive'?

Wow! That is quite the story you have there! My goodness! You should write an autobiography. Seriously...:)

The hardest thing I ever had to tell someone....hmmm....

I had to tell a girl who was madly in love with me that I was in love with someone else...that was very hard.

....and then there was the old man who put a sprinkler system in himself and hired me to install the controller. He had 50 spray heads, front yard, back yard, both side yards all installed and all the ditches covered up, and all 50 spray heads attached to one electric valve coming off of his water faucet. He was so proud that he had done all that himself. I had to tell him that it was never going to work because there simply wasn't enough water from the faucet to pop-up all those heads at the same time and water his yard.

I don't know which of those would be harder for me, but I know in high school I had 2 best friends, and one of them had/has been in love with me since mid-freshman year. Well, turns out I was involved with the other friend instead, and him and I both sat down and talked about it with the first guy. He was really hurt and no one was happy about that :(

Oh and this probably isn't quite the same thing, but when I was 13 or 14 I stopped calling my parents 'mom' and 'dad', and we were on a first name basis after that.

Well...you gots to ask a quextion....:)

My username is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the conspiracy theorists who cling to the fiction that the Titanic did not sink, but that it was her damaged sister ship Olympic (masquerading as Titanic) that was sunk instead in an insurance scam. The evidence for this is basically non-existent, the evidence against it is overwhelming, but that never stopped some people even writing books on the "subject."

Are you the type who likes to do their Christmas shopping early, or do you tend to leave everything to the last minute?

As a rule, last minute.

What's your favourite movie? One that you could watch repeatedly?

As a rule, last minute.

What's your favourite movie? One that you could watch repeatedly?

I think my favorite that I could watch over and over again is this Romantic British comedy. No, I won't give the name of it, it's a personal Love of mine, but it's very sweet and quirky and I could watch it all night long.

Has a child ever really moved you?

Do we answer before we ask here?

If I can butt in with an answer it would be, yes a child often moves me. My own. My son once told me I had 'hurt his heart' when I had been angry at him. That said quietly with big sad eyes staring right into my soul really moved me.

In a more positive light, for my birthday he gave me one of his little treasures (a small animal toy) which I could see was really hard for him to give up, Still, he gave it to me and I tried to show him that I truly appreciated his generousity and he walked away beaming and feeling good. I was moved by the whole episode.

When was the last time you laughed so much you had tears, hiccups, wet pants etc? What were you laughing at?

Do we answer before we ask here?

If I can butt in with an answer it would be, yes a child often moves me. My own. My son once told me I had 'hurt his heart' when I had been angry at him. That said quietly with big sad eyes staring right into my soul really moved me.

In a more positive light, for my birthday he gave me one of his little treasures (a small animal toy) which I could see was really hard for him to give up, Still, he gave it to me and I tried to show him that I truly appreciated his generousity and he walked away beaming and feeling good. I was moved by the whole episode.

When was the last time you laughed so much you had tears, hiccups, wet pants etc? What were you laughing at?

Amazingly enough, last night, sort of. I was on my living room couch, crying, and my dog hopped right up next to me and started rubbing her face on mine. It was cute, made me laugh kind of. I was talking to a guy at work this week who just tells the nuttiest stories, so he had me dying then too.

Woops. What words couldn't you say correctly as a child?

Edited by HeartsAreForBreaking
  • Like 1

Amazingly enough, last night, sort of. I was on my living room couch, crying, and my dog hopped right up next to me and started rubbing her face on mine. It was cute, made me laugh kind of. I was talking to a guy at work this week who just tells the nuttiest stories, so he had me dying then too.

Woops. What words couldn't you say correctly as a child?

Soooorry...I missed the tat quex. But...yeah...I don't have any...nor piercings...I'm very wierd!

I spoke fluent English from birth...kidding...I called the guitar a 'banjar'. That's all I remember.

Is there a particular day you can say was the happiest day of your life...if so what and why?

Edited by joc

It would be easy to say the day I met my wife. That was great, however much she might p!ss me off sometimes, but in all honesty I might have to pick the day I was offered the dream job I'd been hankering for since I was about 15. On the other hand I have since changed jobs, but I still have the same wife, so I'm gonna cheat and call it a tie. :unsure2:

If you could undo one thing you did in 2012, what would it be?

Edited by Titanicneversank

The very bad habit of ignoring myself. I will contemplate doing something and then I will tell myself, don't do that because x, y and z will happen...nah, and I do it anyway and then of course x, y, and z ALL happen.

If you were ship-wrecked on a deserted Island name one person you would want to be ship-wrecked with and why.

• Like 1

The very bad habit of ignoring myself. I will contemplate doing something and then I will tell myself, don't do that because x, y and z will happen...nah, and I do it anyway and then of course x, y, and z ALL happen.

If you were ship-wrecked on a deserted Island name one person you would want to be ship-wrecked with and why.

It'd probably be a certain person I know, and not so much because I Love him, but more because I think of that person as a best friend too, so I could be in good company and not feel too alone.

Fav ice cream flav ?

• Like 2

Chocolate!

Would you rather spend a Saturday afternoon:

A. Shopping at the mall.

B. Sunning at the beach.

C. Staying at home watching TV.

D. Roller Skating in the park.

Could I be contrary and say: 'Staying at home sunning'? Thnx :)

What would be your ideal job?

Corrupt politician. Live the high life and steal a fortune to top up on the already huge salary. Realistically, I'm happy with my current job.

If you could invite one celebrity over for Christmas dinner, who would it be?

Could I be contrary and say: 'Staying at home sunning'? Thnx :)

What would be your ideal job?

That's tough for me; I'm a workaholic but don't plan on being one forever. I thrive on 'demanding' so I like what I'm doing running around a warehouse and wearing myself out physically, but I also got into a management position earlier on in life, and I Loved using that mental elasticity and resourcefulness. My dream job is writing, but I'm going to teach abroad and later go on to teach at a college level. This is going to give me the chances to help people every day, engage young minds and provoke effective thought, help arm a generation against ignorance, and never stop learning myself. I'll probably end up teaching somewhere impoverished or troubled otherwise, and with this career I'll be drawing on all the aforementioned attributes as well as many of my personal passions equally. Best part about this is, when I have trouble with the 'trouble' students, all I have to do is think back and say hmmm, what worked for me? ;)

If you could apologize to one person in your life who you've hurt, who would it be?

My son.

If you could be any animal, which one would you choose and why?

• Like 1

A lemur. The coolest cat on the block.

image1.jpeg

lemur-tail_jpg.jpg

Have you ever heard a distinct voice in your head acting like your conscience or something telling you what to do?

I myself have never heard even a peep of a voice, which I find quite pleasing. One commander in chief is enough, I dont need an XO. :D

• Like 1

My son.

If you could be any animal, which one would you choose and why?

My dog. My grueling, hard life would consist of going for runs in the mornings and lazing around in the apartment, probably watching TV on the couch for all I know while my human is at work. When she gets home I'll get my dinner, usually kibble and scraps of meat, and after that, I'll sucker that old bat into putting her book down and letting me roll in her lap so she can rub my belly before we take a nice long walk in the forest near our home. When we get back I'll take up more than my fair share of the bed--and get away with it!

Yes, a long hard life it would be, but someone has to do it.

What did your parents do for a living?

A lemur. The coolest cat on the block.

image1.jpeg

lemur-tail_jpg.jpg

Have you ever heard a distinct voice in your head acting like your conscience or something telling you what to do?

I myself have never heard even a peep of a voice, which I find quite pleasing. One commander in chief is enough, I dont need an XO. :D

Woops. Truth be told I don't think I have a conscience. I'm smart enough and maybe attractive enough to get what I want from people, but if I don't use and abuse them it's because I have a heart.

What'd your folks do for a living?

Father was a doctor, mother was what was then called a housewife. Both deceased now, sadly.

What countries have you lived in?

Father was a doctor, mother was what was then called a housewife. Both deceased now, sadly.

What countries have you lived in?

United States almost all my life, but I spent a period of time living and working in Mexico/Belize. Worst and best boy/girlfriend you ever had?