Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Nosey Game

Miss Shadows

United States almost all my life, but I spent a period of time living and working in Mexico/Belize. Worst and best boy/girlfriend you ever had?

You weren't McAfee's girlfriend were you? Just kidding....

Wow...worst? The first girl I was ever engaged to...and didn't marry...pscho B!

The best? That would be my wife!

You weren't McAfee's girlfriend were you? Just kidding....

Wow...worst? The first girl I was ever engaged to...and didn't marry...pscho B!

The best? That would be my wife!

Haha, if I was I'd be rolling in the millions right?

Hmm..best Love interest I ever had, someone I know currently in an unusual way. Worst boy friend must've been the one who got so mad when I broke it off with him, he put me in the hospital and nearly killed me. Worst date I ever had was probably with a young(ish) doctor from Egypt...I guess he was so busy making 300,000 a year (and bragging about it) that he forgot to have a personality :/

Last time you were really scared?

Edited by HeartsAreForBreaking
  • Like 1

Scared? Everytime I venture out on the freeway. Lol. (Seriously, we have what seems like a million minibus taxis in this country, and some of their drivers seem to think they are Sebastian Vettel - even in heavy traffic in the rain. Plus many of those vehicles are notorious for not being entirely roadworthy. After a fatal crash involving such a minibus, it was found to have brake disks made out of cardboard. I kid you not.)

Where did you go for your most recent vacation?

Edited by Titanicneversank

Scared? Everytime I venture out on the freeway. Lol. (Seriously, we have what seems like a million minibus taxis in this country, and some of their drivers seem to think they are Sebastian Vettel - even in heavy traffic in the rain. Plus many of those vehicles are notorious for not being entirely roadworthy. After a fatal crash involving such a minibus, it was found to have brake disks made out of cardboard. I kid you not.)

Where did you go for your most recent vacation?

Depends on your definition of vacation, but I guess it was a certain place in the state of CA where Someone I know owns property.

Biggest medical experience you've ever had? Surgery or appendicitis, etc.

The biggest and so far only surgery I have had was having my tonsils removed when I was about 5.

What is your favourite part of the day?

Early morning, especially at this time of the year. It can get hotter than a sauna here, a bit later in the day. But I've always been quite an early riser anyway.

Did you receive any Christmas presents that were completely unexpected in nature?

Yes. My entire family has known and stayed quiet about my career choice for over 4 months now, but today I took my favorite uncle out to breakfast, he's a great uncle and very successful in a lot of ways, and one of the very, very few people I seek approval from implicitly or explicitly. He told me he thought it was a great career choice and had a lot of respect for the people in that field, and he gave me an early Christmas present and said he was proud of me.

Oh, and I got season tickets for an NBA team someone I know plays for, plus some rum and tequila.

Any funny holiday stories?

Edited by HeartsAreForBreaking

We have a Big Yellow Dog and it snowed today, Christmas Day which it never does...and she is only two and has never seen snow...and she played and played and played in the snow and it was just hilarious watching her...running in circles and picking up her snowy ball and throwing it, it was just marvelously funny...

Please...continue on with more funny holiday stories:

Edited by joc

We have a Big Yellow Dog and it snowed today, Christmas Day which it never does...and she is only two and has never seen snow...and she played and played and played in the snow and it was just hilarious watching her...running in circles and picking up her snowy ball and throwing it, it was just marvelously funny...

Please...continue on with more funny holiday stories:

Well on my mom's side of the family we're all a bunch of hicks, or at least we act like it, so one year when the family went up to my aunt's for the holidays, me and my cousins, we took this piece of cardboard and took turns tearing down the side of this snow covered hill on our asses. Oh, and this year I lit my underwear on fire. Everyone was out of my apartment in terms of visiting family, and I was about to go to bed, so I strutted into the living room in my lady-boxers to blow out all the candles, and I strolled too carelessly past one on a side table, and...well, let's just say being a bozo has it's downsides just like anything else. My mom's side of the family in general, especially when there's alcohol involved, it's like Jerry Springer without anyone to break up the ensuing mobs. All the guy cousins and men who married other cousins are on the livingroom floor wrestling, and one of my aunts is throwing a fit about having said grown men rolling around on her living room floor, and then there's half a dozen women on the couches talking, completely blind and deaf to the guys roughhousing, and then there'll be way too many people in the kitchen, and people yelling at other people to get out of the kitchen, and someone will start backyard soccer, and basically I'm just amazed the state of CA doesn't offer insurance plans for these events.

Have you ever done anything illegal?

Only minor ****, like speeding on the highway and being late in paying my TV licence renewal (hence watching TV illegally). Oh, and I was an accomplice in stealing a girlie magazine from a shop when I was about 14...boys will be boys, hey? But no, I've done nothing that would have meant court and/or jail, if caught.

Are you scared of flying (like my wife), or are you completely cool with it (like me?)

(By the way, those favourite uncles are the greatest. I had one, too, but he sadly passed away a couple of years ago. He was well into his 80s, so no suprise there, but it was sad to see him losing his mental acuity in the last several years of his life. Life sucks, sometimes.)

Edited by Titanicneversank

Only minor ****, like speeding on the highway and being late in paying my TV licence renewal (hence watching TV illegally). Oh, and I was an accomplice in stealing a girlie magazine from a shop when I was about 14...boys will be boys, hey? But no, I've done nothing that would have meant court and/or jail, if caught.

Are you scared of flying (like my wife), or are you completely cool with it (like me?)

(By the way, those favourite uncles are the greatest. I had one, too, but he sadly passed away a couple of years ago. He was well into his 80s, so no suprise there, but it was sad to see him losing his mental acuity in the last several years of his life. Life sucks, sometimes.)

That it does, and my condolences. To tell you the truth I Love my family but I'm not an 'attached' kind of person (and yes, in my book there is a difference). I can't speak at all for my dad's side, and on my mom's I only speak to about one fifth of my remaining relatives, so when one of those good ones passes on, it can be pretty heart wrenching. Anyway, here's to family. I'm sure your uncle was really cool, and I'm sure he's in a befittingly cool place now.

I actually Love to fly, I think the last time I was on a plane I was on my way back from Venezuela.

When was the last time you screamed?

I am unable to scream. The best I can manage is a bit of a yelp!

Are you looking forward to the start of a new year, and if so, why?

I am unable to scream. The best I can manage is a bit of a yelp!

Are you looking forward to the start of a new year, and if so, why?

No, not really.

Did any tiny part of you think we might all really go poof on the 21st?

Nope. If the Mayans were so good at predicting the future, how come they didn't see the Spanish coming until it was too late...?

Do you have a nickname of any sort?

Nope. If the Mayans were so good at predicting the future, how come they didn't see the Spanish coming until it was too late...?

Do you have a nickname of any sort?

I've had lots, but hmm, currently I just have my tribe names and my nieces and nephews call me 'tía Maria'.

Worst fight you ever got into?

Worst fight you ever got into?

I suppose I should really leave this to one of the guys to answer but hey, this is an equal opportunities thread, isn't it? I've only had two physical fights in my life. The worst was when I was in a dance hall and a guy behind me put his hand up my skirt. I turned round and slapped him, he knocked me out! What a gentleman!

The 'best' verbal fight I had was as a teacher, during a teachers' meeting. We were all sitting around a table and one guy was really getting on my nerves, spouting complete rubbish. I yelled at him so forcefully that he fell backwards off his chair! :lol:

Do you like analogue or digital clocks/watches best?

• Like 1

I suppose I should really leave this to one of the guys to answer but hey, this is an equal opportunities thread, isn't it? I've only had two physical fights in my life. The worst was when I was in a dance hall and a guy behind me put his hand up my skirt. I turned round and slapped him, he knocked me out! What a gentleman!

The 'best' verbal fight I had was as a teacher, during a teachers' meeting. We were all sitting around a table and one guy was really getting on my nerves, spouting complete rubbish. I yelled at him so forcefully that he fell backwards off his chair! :lol:

Do you like analogue or digital clocks/watches best?

Digital, for sure. Favorite and least favorite thing about your character?

Digital, for sure. Favorite and least favorite thing about your character?

Favorite: The word Can't is not part of my working volcabulary. Least Favorite: The innate ability to be so oblivious to the obvious.

Explain to the world your perspective on Life needs Death in order to Live.

Firstly, I would like to say that your least favourite quality probably is the reason for your most favourite quality ..... :lol:

My perspective on Life needs Death in order to Live, is this: I do not believe that Death needs Life in order to exist, and I believe my true life will begin only once I die.

Which wild animals have you seen in the wild?

I have seen: Deer, Elk, Coyotes, Bob Tail Cats, skunks, armadillos, foxes, rabbits, possums, rats, racoons, the usual country kritters.

When was the last time you walked in the rain...just because you wanted to?

Probably when I was in Italy on holiday a couple of years ago, but to be honest I don't much enjoy walking in the rain if I can help it. I wear glasses and rain is a nuisance.

What was the last meal you cooked yourself?

I cooked dinner Saturday night. We had fish.

Do you ever enjoy time alone?

Edited by Lady Kasey

Haha, I spend most of my time alone ......... and I love it :lol: . I can't imagine sharing my living space with anyone. I don't tire of my own company ..... I find myself endlessly amusing :w00t: !

What nasty habits have you got?

• Like 2

How long a list would you like??????

I get stressed.

I worry, yet it doesn't come natural. It is a habit I have adopted and yet for all my trying, seem unable to discard.

I bite my nails with the worry too. Again, something I've learnt. I have given up many times over the years but I keep going back to it.

What's your favourite thing to do first thing upon waking?

Go back to sleep.

Do you ever wish you had been born in a different country?

• Like 2