Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Euthanasia

ZaraKitty

We have euthanasia here and I havent heard any complaints over alot of years.

We have euthanasia here and I havent heard any complaints over alot of years.

But in the thread about the consideration of giving children euthanasia you replied with disbelief, why?

I agree. Even in cases where theres noone around. Once someones brain dead.

Hello UM, I would like to hear your opinions for and against legal euthanasia in extreme cases, e.g terminal illness or where the human may no longer use their body or something that makes them want to die.

Personally, I'm all for assisted suicide for the ones who need it. I would rather take a pill to die if I had terminal cancer than die slowly in agony for weeks.

Can the pain be managed?

Are they mentally ill requiring psychological treatment?

Are they a burdon to the state or their family?

If a person can contribute towards society and any conditions they have managed when it comes to pain I dont believe in euthanasia. If the person is a vegatable or too badly deformed then I think the state should put them down as standard procedure.

It is the people you leave behind that will be affected

Euthanasia done with compassion involves the family, It allows the family to be present in the case of terminal patients. There will be alot of things that dont fit squarely in the box. But never make a soul suffer so that you have something to hang on to. We call it Death with Compassion where I come from.

I agree!

It's trite, but they shoot horses don't they?

In the spirit of Prarie Home Companion's ghost character, "The death of an old man is never tragic."

Yes very moral. Someone wants to die, then they have the right to do so without some p.rick coming along telling them they have no control over their fate.

Sick dogs are put down, we ******* mutilate and kill several species just so we can eat and people have the audacity to tell a sick person who might be going through the worst possible ******* pain and anguish that they 'have to live'.

Every time I think of someone living inconstant Chronic pain or even worse, with locked in syndrome who've been denied death I get a little mad. Those people WANT to die so who really has any ******* right to deny someone the release they need. If I had a friend who was in serious pain/disability and was denied euthanasia and turned to me to give them assisted suicide, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Just because it say's in you bible, Qur'ann, bhagavaad vida or your own head, that all life is sacred and must not be ended prematurely doesn't make it 'noble' or 'moral', you're a ******* evil scumbag...you can see things like this tick me off, people being denied their personal freedom over their own lives but sod it, freedom of speech and all that right? (Oh that's an illusion..I forgot).

People only parade and fly the Pro-life banner because they've never experienced the anguish of a locked in syndrome sufferer or a sever amputee.

Well again, it's more than granting someone the right to die.

During all this discussion in the world about euthanasia, there are certain medical students or others who aspire to becoming a student, that are afraid and intimidated about possibly having to take a class in how to humanely kill someone.

Because if euthanasia would be widely practiced, it will become part of standard training sooner or later. This could have a lot of effect on the kind of ppl who are willing to become a doctor.

People only parade and fly the Pro-life banner because they've never experienced the anguish of a locked in syndrome sufferer or a sever amputee.

Saying Pro-Life is kind of tricky. Because some people think of the Unborn as being alive, while others think of them as simply an organ of the mother. A person can be Anti-Abortion and Pro-DeathPenalty and be labeled Pro-Life. Just as someone can be Pro-Abortion and Anti-DeathPenalty and call themselves Pro-Life. Even those who propose "Death with Dignity" would call themselves Pro-Life, since they care about they Quality of Life of the people who would rather die.